[Dezupher] <G0lem> - RD has fun

Appeals which have been closed.
Relaxe
Byond Username: G0lem

[Dezupher] <G0lem> - RD has fun

Post by Relaxe » #550901

BYOND account: G0lem
Character name: Randomly Generated, I think it was jasmine something.
Ban type: Job Ban
Ban length: 3 Days
Ban reason: Banned from Roles: Research Director, Scientist for 3 days - As the RD, ran around with a syringe gun shooting people with imperfect mutation toxin, turning several players into slime people against their will because they were bored. You can't mess with other player's rounds as a non antagonist like this.
Time ban was placed: 2020-03-22 15:33:24
Server you were playing on when banned: Manuel
Round ID in which ban was placed: Not listed

Your side of the story: In a situation where there were no clear antagonists, I wanted to make a quirk centered around a slime based crew. About 20 minutes after I ran out of syringes and the people who had a problem with it had already turned back into humans, I get bwoinked. He stated that this "ruins other people's experiences" and is "harder to heal". Our station had TWO AIs which both had law changes made to ensure that they recognized slime people as humans. These were not toxins which turned people into blobs with no hands, this was a different race that has literal magic powers. I got job banned for something literally as impactful as randomly slipping someone, and I assume this is because the admin responsible was playing a cat-boy and couldn't be a furry anymore. After the job ban, I proceeded to eat an oxygen tank and fuck off to space. It's no wonder every shift lacks a full head of staff, since they command no authority and the player-base treats them as a cathartic release for their parental issues. In a 0 antagonist environment, pranking people with flavor-text (and giving them superpowers) is not 'messing up people's rounds'. Admeming an environment where a station has no hope of recovering is messing up other peoples rounds, like spawning 20 meteors or some other impossible to deflect disaster.

I respawned on the derelict, and proceeded to fix solars and R&D. I do my best to set up the singularity engine before oranges removes it from the game, and I say, to myself, in earshot of literally nobody, "and this may be the one time a supermatter gets set up before oranges removes it from the fucking game", and this admin warns me. When I state that nobody was in earshot (a nearby AI was piddling with it's drone shell, otherwise doing nothing), he states that I could be disrupting the gameplay of the GHOSTS who could be around me. This is probably the only way Yiff McCatboy could have even HEARD what I was typing, and he WARNS me for it.

Why you think you should be unbanned: The reason why I got job banned was because I disrupted a catboy/mothperson's ability to erp. The impact on the station as a whole did not warrant admin intervention, nor does it require a job ban.

References of good conduct: I have repeatedly helped people learn how to play Xenobiology and Robotics, and frequently perform all three jobs on the station to great efficacy. I've personally taught other people how to perform these roles. I went from having a single warning for occ in ic in june 2018 to having two seperate bans in a week. I'm beside myself with how I'm being treated. I'm just going to start maining derelict or podperson if the staff and people on this station can't improv with more than one person.
Vekter
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Vekter

Re: [Dezupher] <G0lem> - RD has fun

Post by Vekter » #550902

AIs don't have to listen to nor protect slimepeople.
AliasTakuto wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:11 pm As for the ear replacing stuff, you can ask Anne but I don't think this is what I was banned for. If I was all I can say is "Sorry for being hilarious"...
Omega_DarkPotato wrote:This sucks, dude.
Spoiler:
Reply PM from-REDACTED/(REDACTED): i tried to remove the bruises by changing her gender

PM: Bluespace->Delaron: Nobody wants a mime's asscheeks farting on their brig windows.

PM: REDACTED->HotelBravoLima: Oh come on, knowing that these are hostile aliens is metagaming

[17:43] <Aranclanos> any other question ping me again
[17:43] <Vekter> Aranclanos for nicest coder 2015
[17:44] <Aranclanos> fuck you
Relaxe
Byond Username: G0lem

Post by Relaxe » #550903

Vekter wrote:AIs don't have to listen to nor protect slimepeople.
They do if they have a freeform law that expressly define slimepeople as humans, which was included in description.
Dezupher
Byond Username: Dezupher

Post by Dezupher » #550906

Denied.

Slime people have multiple mechanical bonuses and negatives, they die absurdly fast in the cold, have no heart so you can't defibrillate them without going through extra steps to give them a one with surgery, and toxin healing works inversely with them. Even if you give them Asimov protection, that doesn't change the fact you're not allowed to run around with a syringe gun, forcibly changing other players species without consent as a non antagonist. That's not comparable to slipping someone at all. Even if you were changing peoples race to lizards with lizard mutation toxin, a race more similar to humans as far as mechanics go, you still would have eaten a job ban for that. It's not acceptable behavior on Manuel in the slightest.

I don't know why you also mentioned me warning you for blatant OOC IC in a later round but if you're trying to appeal that as well, denied again? Don't intentionally say OOC stuff IC.
Jack7D1
Byond Username: Jack7D1

Post by Jack7D1 » #550907

I was one of the guys you shot with mutation toxin. I was human, you bet I got it fixed in a matter of minutes. But getting shot with a syringe filled with something that makes me nonhuman, unable to be healed of toxin by conventional means and highly vulnerable to the cold and braindead doctors unwillingly by my freaking boss is not exactly a game enhancing experience.