MintMango
Byond Username: MintMango

[lmsxz] MintMango - Did some lethal surgeries

Post by MintMango » #550915

BYOND account: MintMango
Character name: ] Mikayla Larson
Ban type: Server ban
Ban length: 1 week
Ban reason: Murdered several people as a nonantag including on the arrivals shuttle, not responding to ahelps. Byebye!
Time ban was placed: 2020-03-23 13:49:42
Server you were playing on when banned: Event Hall
Round ID in which ban was placed: 132877
Your side of the story: I was a latejoin medic(My first time as one) and decided to do surgery training on AFK assistants.A guy also came in and asked me to remove his brain.Me and another guy hid in lockers in the arrivals shuttle thinking it was the escape one and I think after the escape shuttle left I said surgery time and began hitting his head with the intent of removing it
Why you think you should be unbanned: I'm very new and don't really know the gravity of the situation.
NikoTheGuyDude
Byond Username: NikoTheGuyDude

Re: [lmsxz] MintMango - Did some lethal surgeries

Post by NikoTheGuyDude » #551190

FYI, people who have the text "They are unresponsive and seem to be staring blankly into space. They may snap out of it later." (or whatever i have bad memory) are simply AFK and may have crashed, disconnected, etc. they are NOT FREE GAME and you cannot use them as "practice".

If I remember correctly, you ARE allowed to do whatever with people that have the text "They are completely catatonic. The stresses of space life must have been too much for them." have ghosted through the ghost command, and can not come back to the round short of admin intervention, or ghost roles, positronic brains, side-antags, etc. Their original body is free game at that point, from what I remember. Please correct me if I'm wrong!
MintMango
Byond Username: MintMango

Post by MintMango » #551196

Thanks for the information will remember when I get unbanned
NikoTheGuyDude
Byond Username: NikoTheGuyDude

Post by NikoTheGuyDude » #551215

Also, arrivals is considered off limits in most cases for antags, as in you cant just spawnkill people.
imsxz
Byond Username: Imsxz

Post by imsxz » #551376

Hello! Thank you for appealing. First things first, sometimes admins will message you to get more information about situations that you're involved in, the messages make a distinct "bwoink" sound and appear in large red text in your chatbox. Click the admin's highlighted blue/pink name to reply. In this instance, the ban was as harsh as it was because you weren't replying.

In short,the rules regarding lobbing heads off are moderately stringent. To kill someone, you generally need a pretty good reason. To behead someone, you need a very good reason. A situation that could qualify for killing someone else would be if that person had attempted to kill you, or is an antagonist. Antagonists, however, can generally go around cutting heads off as they please.

I will be lifting this ban, however, I suggest reading up on the rules, they will provide more context and information regarding when it is and isn't okay to kill people and similar sorts of rule breaking scenarios. Feel free to adminhelp in game using the F1 button or clicking the "adminhelp" button if you are ever worried about breaking the rules or otherwise have questions regarding the game, rules, et cetera.

Finally, regarding afk people: There are 2 types of "braindeads". One is the type that can come back at any minute; examining them will show "they have a blank absent minded stare". You can't just kill these, as they are players that have disconnected, but are able to come back at any time. Second, there are "completely catatonic" individuals, of which you can do whatever to. Catatonic individuals cannot be helped and are free game for brain removal.

Have a nice day, and be good!

please subscribe to me on youtube
terranaut wrote:i saw this video before it was posted here
you too can be cool like me if you just subscribe to imsxz youtube channel :shades:
Arianya wrote:no, not the snails, shut up imsxz
Nervore wrote:I am going to will you out of existence, Imsxz.
One day, you will just cease to exist.
ATHATH
In Game PermaBanned
Byond Username: ATHATH

Post by ATHATH » #552291

imsxz wrote:Feel free to adminhelp in game using the F1 button or clicking the "adminhelp" button if you are ever worried about breaking the rules or otherwise have questions regarding the game, rules, et cetera.
To clarify a bit further, that "adminhelp" button is in the admin tab, which can be accessed by clicking on a button/tab labeled "admin" in the top right corner of your screen.