milosevich
Byond Username: Miloshevich447

[Coconutwarrior97] miloshevich447

Post by milosevich » #552421

BYOND account: miloshevich447
Character name: Alejandro Gillick
Ban type: Server
Ban length: Permanent
Ban reason: Killed the RD because they were promiting themselves to captain, this is over-escalation. Upon being killed the RD IC OOC'd severely, and revealed the RD was brazilian, in response he immediatly went after him repeatedly saying things like, "Anyway I hate brazilians with all fibers of my soul" and "brazilians are fucking animals". This, comined with you note history, leads me to believe you aren't going to contribute anything positive to the server. Goodbye.
Time ban was placed: 2020-03-30, 08:06:09
Server you were playing on when banned: Event Hall
Round ID in which ban was placed: 133437
Your side of the story: 07:40. Lowpop. A round earlier the victim, a warden, allowed himself to shoot half of the station’s crew with a shotgun, and started ick-ocking in rock-n-roll mode about that accident. Entering the role of a detective and horrified, I went to my office, where I immediately threw his shotgun into the dumpster. He tried to stun-n-tie me up. I had to shoot him. He still keeps ick-ocking even stronger.
Next round, new roles: this gentleman became RD and decided for no reason promote himself to captain. Crew of the station was against this decision in the field of his reputation, thanks to the last round. A person, whose name I no longer remember, suggested to kill him, to eliminate another station chaos. I agreed. It was my mistake that I personally released all six rounds of a revolver into RD’s head. I should have given the gun to the conspirator.
Why you think you should be unbanned: This guy incredibly pissed me off with just three clicks of the mouse, I’ve never lost my temper like that before. It's hard for me to say something about racist shit. I am disgusted, but at the same time there were only 10 people on the server then, this did not produce a very large effect. Details of the incident a round earlier that I mentioned to the administrator were ignored. Some time later, I explained to the victim what caused my reaction, I apologized to him. My notes, of course, instantly evoking a corresponding impression, but among them there are only a few serious cases. I don’t even know if it helps that I repent. Sorry.
Coconutwarrior97
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Coconutwarrior97

Re: [Coconutwarrior97] miloshevich447

Post by Coconutwarrior97 » #552443

Murdering the RD in part due to events from a previous round is metagrudging, and is against the rules. The individual who suggested you murder the RD was noted for metagrudging, so he did not get off scott free in this for reference.

Here are your previous notes which influenced my decision and looking at one of them shows this incident with the RD isn't the first time you've metagrudged someone.
Spoiler:

Repeatedly slinging shit at someone then saying "haha is just joke" does not excuse the fact that you flung shit at them.
Spoiler:
[2020-03-30 07:23:29.358] OOC: Miloshevich447/(Alejandro Gillick) "brazilians are fucking animals" (Brig (200, 137, 2))
[2020-03-30 07:24:15.708] OOC: Miloshevich447/(Alejandro Gillick) "alright, this is enough" (Brig (200, 126, 2))
[2020-03-30 07:24:21.784] OOC: Miloshevich447/(Alejandro Gillick) "I love peoples of all kinds and races" (Brig (200, 126, 2))
[2020-03-30 07:26:46.024] OOC: Miloshevich447/(Alejandro Gillick) "Anyway I hate brazilians with all fibers of my soul" (Brig (200, 142, 2
[2020-03-30 07:30:30.737] OOC: Miloshevich447/(Alejandro Gillick) "he is braz" (Brig (201, 148, 2))
[2020-03-30 07:30:49.128] OOC: Miloshevich447/(Alejandro Gillick) "dirty sack of filthy an disgusting piece of shit" (Security Office (209, 149, 2))
[2020-03-30 07:40:32.050] OOC: Miloshevich447/(Alejandro Gillick) "you know lad it was just a violent therapy against ick ock, don't you get it?" (Atrium (144, 162, 2))
[2020-03-30 07:42:03.856] OOC: Miloshevich447/(Alejandro Gillick) "so take it easy, drink some water, stay hydrated" (Atrium (145, 166, 2))
[2020-03-30 07:42:30.584] OOC: Miloshevich447/(Alejandro Gillick) "and yes, I'm not a racist, it was just a joke" (Fore Primary Hallway (152, 154, 2))
Logs retrieved from: https://tgstation13.org/parsed-logs/eve ... nd-133437/

I am denying this appeal.
milosevich

Post by milosevich » #552493

I doubt your competence. You persistently ignoring the warden actions a round ago. Yes, he is a victim of racism, I don't like to admit it, but that doesnt mean that he can safely evade responsibility for killing half of the station’s crew for fun, while I shot only one person because of an attempted rebellion or some kind of shit at the station for no reason, expressed in an attempt to promote himself to the captain. This is not metagrudge at all. Moreover, you didnt added a few more of my messages from the OOC that fully disclose the context of our conversation. That makes me think that you are deliberately exaggerating my contribution to the game a little bit. Then, server was a lowpop at that moment. I suspect that the punishment for any misconduct at this moment cannot be fully realized, against the background of what sometimes insanity occurs in the game, at these moments. Specifically, the first and only note about metagrudge for zombies was the first in my experience, since I did not know that I could not attack zombies.

Once again, I deeply apologize for this incident, but I would like to finish in a temporary, because there are too many contradictions here. Thanks.
Coconutwarrior97
In-Game Game Master

Post by Coconutwarrior97 » #552540

You shot and killed the RD due in part to the actions he took in the last round, this is the textbook definition of metagrudging.

If you think something from the OOC log paints everything in a different light you're free to post the logs yourself. However, I think the OOC logs I provided has all the needed context. I didn't want to post literally everything you said in OOC.
This is where those logs are for reference: https://tgstation13.org/parsed-logs/eve ... 7/game.txt .

Also it being lowpop or highpop is pretty irrelevant in this case, the harassment issue is between you and them, not between you and everyone who was watching OOC.
milosevich

Post by milosevich » #552653

Coconutwarrior97 wrote:You shot and killed the RD due in part to the actions he took in the last round, this is the textbook definition of metagrudging.

If you think something from the OOC log paints everything in a different light you're free to post the logs yourself. However, I think the OOC logs I provided has all the needed context. I didn't want to post literally everything you said in OOC.
This is where those logs are for reference: https://tgstation13.org/parsed-logs/eve ... 7/game.txt .

Also it being lowpop or highpop is pretty irrelevant in this case, the harassment issue is between you and them, not between you and everyone who was watching OOC.
Murdered guy is the research director. Accordingly, life at the station depends directly and proportionally on him, since this profession equals a HEAD slot, so this also affects all other players at the station, which means that the lowpop factor is relevant. What looks like a metagrudge in this situation is only partly true, since we shot him not just like that, and not from a joke.

Once again, I will analyze the reasons why RD was killed:
- by attempt to go against the opinion of the rest of the crew, trying to get the profession of captain
- captain profession was not occupied by another player, which could have caused even greater, unforseen consequences.
- this guy didn’t do his job at all, when the role of RD was provided in order to mostly sit in the office and study useful things in the absence of workers.
- we didn't know what was in the mind of this guy and what decisions he would make in that role, based on the experience of the previous round

By taking your logic into account, all the crew members who refused to promote him as captain, also appear to have violated meta-rules, since they personally suffered from the actions of this person, having received a bullet in the head, what influenced their opinion whilst choosing a solution. Somewhy you are keeping ignoring the question of what you did with the killed RD, who shot half the crew as a warden.

Harassment issue within 10 people on the server is nonsense, given the fact that you need to distinguish your real feelings between the game very poorly, where from time to time there is a shitstorm appears, often annoying, or pissing off much more than racism. I asked full OOC logs just so that we could highlight from it the moment where I “ick-ocked severly” from your words, and the moment where I explained in detail what caused my reaction. You did not insert any of this into your answers, and I suspect that you were simply looking for a reason to give me perma.

Such an irresponsible and frivolous decision regarding the ban is actually depressing, especially against the background of all of the above. This is too serious a measure for such a case.
Coconutwarrior97
In-Game Game Master

Post by Coconutwarrior97 » #552678

My mind isn't changed, this appeal is still denied. Don't think anything else will come of this appeal so I'll lock it. Other two headmins may overrule.