[Vekter] Epicpatrol2 - Looking the other way.

Appeals which have been closed.
Epicpatrol2
Byond Username: Epicpatrol2

[Vekter] Epicpatrol2 - Looking the other way.

Post by Epicpatrol2 » #552444

BYOND Account: Epicpatrol2
Character Name: Matthew Funnyman
Ban Type: Server
Ban Length: 1 day
Ban Reason: As Captain, had a traitor outright tell him they were a traitor, then proceeded to look the other way for the entire shift. I'm kind of okay with colluding like this if it's roleplayed well, but this was not.
Server you were playing on: Manuel
Round ID: 133525
Your side of the story: As Captain, i generally have a more relaxed policy with traitors/lings/etc. IF they don't immediately threaten the entire station's integrity or plan to mass-genocide everyone, i'd usually be alright with them doing whatever as to try and make it so they generally damage the station less. This person straight up came up to me and told me that they were a traitor with the goal to terminate the AI, which i figured they wouldn't be able to do since they were an MD, and didn't tell me their other goal, which was to kill another MD. Turns out, they did manage to terminate the AI (which i found legitimately surprising) and dragged the MD into science with a borg and probably beat him to death. NOW, this is probably the point where i should have at least acted in some way, but for some reason, i chose not to (possibly because stunarm borgs are indeed very balanced) and this was likely the leverage the player who was killed used to ahelp it.
Why you think you should be unbanned: I'm generally not asking for an unban, i really just wanted to clear things up. It would be pretty nice though.
References of good conduct: Apart from two notes about relatively minor offenses, i've basically been entirely clear across the board.
Vekter
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Vekter

Re: [Vekter] Epicpatrol2 - Looking the other way.

Post by Vekter » #552478

Hey man, thanks for appealing. I don't have too much concern with the idea of someone looking the other way on traitors. I'm more worried that you only did so because you knew the player's static name outside of the current round. I admittedly didn't make that clear enough in the ban reason, so I'll update the note to be a bit more clear.

I'll go ahead and lift it.
AliasTakuto wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:11 pm As for the ear replacing stuff, you can ask Anne but I don't think this is what I was banned for. If I was all I can say is "Sorry for being hilarious"...
Omega_DarkPotato wrote:This sucks, dude.
Spoiler:
Reply PM from-REDACTED/(REDACTED): i tried to remove the bruises by changing her gender

PM: Bluespace->Delaron: Nobody wants a mime's asscheeks farting on their brig windows.

PM: REDACTED->HotelBravoLima: Oh come on, knowing that these are hostile aliens is metagaming

[17:43] <Aranclanos> any other question ping me again
[17:43] <Vekter> Aranclanos for nicest coder 2015
[17:44] <Aranclanos> fuck you