Appeals which have been closed.
CoolDude223334

Vekter -Jack Anton - Banned for not letting a officer be revived

Post by CoolDude223334 » #554455

BYOND account: CoolDude22333
Character name: Jack Anton
Ban type: Server
Ban length: 1 day
Ban reason: As HOS, tried to dispose of the body of a former sec officer because he was "causing trouble" Even if they are a problem, you should not be destroying their body.
Time ban was placed: 2020-4-10 9:28:41
Server you were playing on when banned: Manuel
Round ID in which ban was placed: 134390
Your side of the story: Said former officer was kicked from the force for breaking into the armory, stealing a riot suit, and throwing the blame unto the Warden. After he was kicked out of the force, he gotten hulk from genetics, and went around smashing robots in robotics, removing players from the round. I was called to the AI to it, and because he was hulk, was told to bring lethal weapons. One officer shot him once, and he went into crit and died before he could be brought to medbay. without the ability to save him, so he could be arrested, I decided to not revive him.
Why you think you should be unbanned: Due to the fact that its a ban for a single day, I do not have much issues with serving it out. however, this player was smashing robots, who also are players, as a hulk. "causing trouble" was a bit of a understatement on my part. If he would have been revived before death, I likely would have put him in Perma, due to the fact he was going around with hulk, destroying robotics and the cyborgs inside it, harming the game of the people who gotten smashed up for no real reason. At the end of the day, I hope you consider my side of the story, and banned or unbanned, I hope you have a good day. Keep up the good work.
Vekter
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Vekter

Re: Vekter -Jack Anton - Banned for not letting a officer be revived

Post by Vekter » #554495

Hey man, thanks for appealing.

I will admit that I did miss one thing during looking into the situation:
SAY Havaren/(G.U.P.P.I.) "dayton is assulting my borgs and is a hulk. bring lethals" (214, 143, 2) AI Chamber
This was about a minute and a half before the detective and warden opened fire on him. So being told that someone's beating the hell out of the borgs then showing up and he's got hulk is pretty good cause to gun them down. That being said, you can't really question someone if they're dead, so I think the better thing would've been to have him revived and figure out what happened, then go from there. Even if you didn't revive him, taking him out of the round is pretty not great.

I want to stress that him being killed due to his actions isn't really the problem here - it's that you actively prevented him from being revived that I take issue with.

I'll go ahead and lift the server ban, but the three day security ban will stay in place.
AliasTakuto wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:11 pm As for the ear replacing stuff, you can ask Anne but I don't think this is what I was banned for. If I was all I can say is "Sorry for being hilarious"...
Omega_DarkPotato wrote:This sucks, dude.
Spoiler:
Reply PM from-REDACTED/(REDACTED): i tried to remove the bruises by changing her gender

PM: Bluespace->Delaron: Nobody wants a mime's asscheeks farting on their brig windows.

PM: REDACTED->HotelBravoLima: Oh come on, knowing that these are hostile aliens is metagaming

[17:43] <Aranclanos> any other question ping me again
[17:43] <Vekter> Aranclanos for nicest coder 2015
[17:44] <Aranclanos> fuck you