[Virtual John] Trubbl3 - Banned for plasmaflooding the cultist while having "cultist arent human"

Appeals which have been closed.
Trubbl3
Byond Username: Trubbl3

[Virtual John] Trubbl3 - Banned for plasmaflooding the cultist while having "cultist arent human"

Post by Trubbl3 » #572325

BYOND account:Trubbl3

Character name:Thomas McBright - Skitarii

Ban type:Server ban

Ban length:1 week

Ban reason: "As an Asimov borg with the added law "Cultist are not human" proceeded to open several plasma canisters of plasma in the chapel and escape hallway to kill the cultist before they could summon. This is not an acceptable way of killing cultist while partially asimov.

Time ban was placed: 2020-08-13 04:30:32

Server you were playing on when banned: Sybil

Round ID in which ban was placed: Round ID #49135

Your side of the story: When i was created most of the station was dead or cultist, the captain uploaded the law that made the cultist non human i procceded to plasma flood the cultist on chapel and hallway to stop the summoning of nar'sie, letting any surviving human to escape in a pod rather than die in hands of Nar'Sie, it was all chaos and it felt the only thing i could do to stop the cultist and limit the human harm.

Why you think you should be unbanned: All i did in the moment seemed like the only thing i could do to save the station and that it wanst just giving up or dying fighting a juggernaut, in the dead chat people werent complaining about me and were complaining about the incompetent cult leader so i felt i did the good thing to stop the summoning with the laws i was given in insight i should have asked the captain to purge my laws and make him the only human or something, i dont play borg at all and it was mostly new things to my in a chaotic end round

References of good conduct:I wouldnt like to force someone to talk about my behaviour being good or bad, i dont like to bother them. But i play Only on Sybil i am mostly chill, i dont murderbone and like to have round to have fun and explore the SPESS or mine ores for the station and i dont think someone have something bad to say about me other than sometimes i am no the best in my job or that i am unrobust
Virtual John
Byond Username: Virtual John

Re: [Virtual John] Trubbl3 - Banned for plasmaflooding the cultist while having "cultist arent human"

Post by Virtual John » #572397

Hi, thank you for appealing this ban.

While I do appreciate your initiative to strike at the cultists with a attack that did actually cripple them heavily and ultimately forced them to lose due to the lives lost, you cannot do that as a nearly asimov borg. While the cultists are not human for sure, the actual humans are still very much protected by your asimov lawset and utilizing such a unfocused and unruly attack such as a plasma flood and lighting it can cause harm to humans you were meant to protect.

Furthermore, do not ask to have your laws changed as it is against silicon policy. As you said, you don't play borg that much and there are a LOT of rules regarding silicon play. I'd suggest you read over them before picking the role back up again so we don't end back up here.

As it is, I'm going to deny this appeal as it doesn't seem you understand what it is you did was wrong. The thread will be left open if you have anything else to add.
Virtual John
Byond Username: Virtual John

Re: [Virtual John] Trubbl3 - Banned for plasmaflooding the cultist while having "cultist arent human"

Post by Virtual John » #572398

After talking it over and reviewing your notes, I've come to the conclusion that the 4 day server ban is a bit much, and will be cutting it down by three days. The silicon job ban will still be in effect however.
Trubbl3

Post by Trubbl3 » #572400

Can it be just a be a job ban for the silicon role, because i might have been in the wrong and you might be right due my lack of knowledge on silicon laws on that but i been mostly playing shaft miner lately with involves little with the station doings and i like to do my own thing and i want to enjoy my last week off college before going back
Trubbl3

Post by Trubbl3 » #572402

Virtual John wrote:Hi, thank you for appealing this ban.
Furthermore, do not ask to have your laws changed as it is against silicon policy. As you said, you don't play borg that much and there are a LOT of rules regarding silicon play. I'd suggest you read over them before picking the role back up again so we don't end back up here.
Also the captain changed my laws at first to "cultist arent human" and i didnt ask for it but i could have ask for another law afterwards to give me more leeway with the cultist but again it was a chaos and didnt have much time to think

Edit: nvm, my english its abit jacky at times didnt understood it at first the it got cutted to a 1 day ban, thanks you