Supergrog-got one day ban for saying something dumb in deadchat

If you've received a ban and want it shortened or lifted then post here. Remember to follow the rules!

Moderators: In-Game Game Master, In-Game Head Admins, In-Game Admin, Game Server Operators, TGMC Game Server Operators

Forum rules
Read these board rules before posting or you'll get reprimanded.

Ban appeals without the banning admin's name in the beginning of the subject line will be deleted.
supergrog

Byond Username: Supergrog

Supergrog-got one day ban for saying something dumb in deadchat

Postby supergrog » Wed Sep 16, 2020 6:05 pm #576535

BYOND account: Supergrog

Character name:Moon PP

Ban type:server ban

Ban length: One day

Ban reason: DEAD: Moon PP says, "ok ill be honest i dont actually give a fuck about the rules" Here's some time to find a fuck then :)
Time ban was placed: 2020-07-20 01:09:53

Server you were playing on when banned: Terry

Round ID in which ban was placed: 146428

Your side of the story: Basically i had been killed because of sec and there was a kerfuffle going on about a tc trade so i started joking about the admins and asked em about the rules regarding sec murder. After they directed me to the rules page i said the i dont give a fuck then i got banned a bit after.

Why you think you should be unbanned: someone saying they dont care about the rules shouldnt matter if they still follow them

Armhulen
In-Game Game Master

Byond Username: Armhulenn
Github Username: it's a long story

Re: Supergrog-got one day ban for saying something dumb in deadchat

Postby Armhulen » Wed Sep 16, 2020 6:07 pm #576537

Banning admin was Arianya
Go to bed bro, she's not thinking about you.

Arianya
In-Game Game Master

Byond Username: Arianya

Postby Arianya » Wed Sep 16, 2020 6:16 pm #576539

Your recent notes/bans inclined me to believe this was more then a lame joke.

Also to give the quote in full (from https://tgstation13.org/parsed-logs/ter ... 020/09/16/):

[2020-09-16 17:46:12.124] SAY: Supergrog/(Moon PP) (DEAD) "ok ill be honest i dont actually give a fuck about the rules" (Primary Tool Storage (132,138,2))
[2020-09-16 17:46:18.994] SAY: Supergrog/(Moon PP) (DEAD) "so im just gonna kill sec if i feel like it" (Primary Tool Storage (132,138,2))

The context of which was after about a 10 minute discussion in dead chat about killing security for arresting you.

In general engaging an admin in discussion about the rules then going "lol I don't give a fuck about the rules I'll break 'em anyway" is kinda playing stupid games and winning stupid prizes.

Given the short timespan of the ban, I don't feel this is out of line, but will offer to clarify the note if you have any suggestions.
Frequently playing as Aria Bollet on Bagil & Scary Terry

Source of avatar is here: https://i.imgur.com/hEkADo6.jpg

supergrog

Postby supergrog » Wed Sep 16, 2020 6:32 pm #576542

I am currently banned so i cannot tell you that my recent notes are not indicative of my rule evading behavior. However i feel like most of my notes are for misunderstanding intricacies of headmin rulings or shit like that. Anyway i didnt realise what i say in deadchat can be held against me in a ban or whatever, theres no rule about saying shit like im gonna break all the rules in dead chat or anything. I get saying i dont give a fuck about the rules to an admin doesn't sound great but that is definitely not worthy of a ban. I dont give a fuck about the timespan im saying i dont think this ban was deserved.

Arianya
In-Game Game Master

Postby Arianya » Wed Sep 16, 2020 6:35 pm #576544

On discussion with others, while the foundation of this ban is fine, the duration was probably a bit long all things accounted for, so I've shortened this to an hour and a half instead.

supergrog

Postby supergrog » Wed Sep 16, 2020 6:37 pm #576545

Make me happy and shorten it to 0 (:

Arianya
In-Game Game Master

Postby Arianya » Fri Sep 18, 2020 1:31 am #576698

I'm considering this resolved since you've raised no real objection to the note, just FYI.

Return to Ban Appeals