Pedro43
Byond Username: Pedro43

[J Moldy] Pedro43 - Welderbombing in bar

Post by Pedro43 » #577103

BYOND account: Pedro43
Character name: George Melons
Ban type: Server
Ban length: Permanent
Ban reason: Welderbombed the bar as a non-antagonist, yelled "Allahu Ackbar", logged off shortly after. Appeal on the forum to explain
Time ban was placed: 2020-09-22 01:50:48
Server you were playing on when banned: Sybil
Round ID in which ban was placed: 146792
Your side of the story: First of all I want to clarify that I am not in any way shape or form trying to justify what I did, I realize how tremendously stupid it was and vow to never do it again from here on after, should you accept it. With that being said, I do think there are a few things that should be understood from my point of view. First of all, I tend to main either AI or Clown. When I joined the round at this time neither of these options were available so I decided to join as an assistant. Now, my gimmick as an assistant is to be this stupid, crazy, annoying guy who does lots of weird stuff that often times gets him in trouble. I realize how this sounds: I'm nothing but a brainless greytider. I will not attempt to change that opinion should you have it, however I will tell you honest-to-god that I do attempt to maintain at the very least a minimum level of "roleplay" if you will. What happened in this case, if I'm recalling correctly, is that my character had their pie cannon stolen (given to him by the clown, who happened to be a traitor with an infinite pie cannon. And yes I did mean given, not stolen). After that I decided to have him go crazy and yes, do what's unquestionably stupid to everyone involved, head to the bar with a fuel tank and an emergency welder in hand. Now you need to understand two things: 1) I have done this in the past indeed. 2) I never intended to seriously hurt or hurt anyone at all with any of these events. So when this happened, I headed to the bar, stood in front of the kitchen, and decided to suicide kill myself in all of my glory in front of everyone. When this happened, a fellow crew member happened to stand slightly close to me, and I will not deny that I knew this. However by all of my past experiences in all the other servers I've played in, whenever I welderbomb myself, even if I do happen to have another person standing right next to me, that person is never seriously hurt; I am the only one who gets seriously hurt. This is exactly what happened. As soon as I welderbombed myself, I was the one in almost critical condition, a foot amputated and deaf. In the meantime, the other person that happened to be standing somewhat close to me (not the chef, I made sure he was rather far away) appeared to be in a somewhat acceptable condition. Again I realize my 9 year old gimmick certainly must have injured him at least slightly, which is why I do not want to pretend this is not something to be taken seriously at all. I apologize for that. Regardless, I do think I stand correct in how I was the one who got injured the most by my admittedly stupid act, given how the other injured person and the chef were quick to rise up to attempts at beating me up and cooking me alive (and if IIRC they did succeed). So while I admit my act was completely nonsensical, I do think my punishment was severely given right after, with no serious harm causing to any other possible victims. Now you might be wondering why I keep saying "if I remember correctly", "I think this happened", and I think it's quite simple to answer that; judging from the ban time, it was close to 2 AM where I'm from (Portugal). Needless to say, I was dead tired, playing on my very last limits of "awokeness", and I might not recall everything correctly because of that. I could also argue that I only did what I did because I was that much dead tired, but I won't; I was simply a stupid, shitty player who did an even stupider, shittier act, which I understand deserved punishment. I am only telling this so you understood why I -logged on shortly after-. I did not mean to "escape the crime" or something of the sort; I was just quite simply attempting to close the game and succeeding at breaking my insomnia state.
Why you think you should be unbanned: I will not even attempt to say that punishment was unjustified; it most definitely was, and I would've done the same had the roles been reversed. With that said, I do think permabanning me is a little exaggerated. This is my first offense ever, and while it is most certainly stupid, I don't think it warrants me never being able to play again on any of the servers. While I am a self-admitted basic player, I do think I play a good Clown main and AI main (granted as AI I have been seen as rather annoying regarding vox announcements; something I've tended to control more lately, check my logs should you need proof) and I don't think I'm just a simple troll who just ruins the game for everybody else or something of the sort. I do truly enjoy this game and the TG servers and do try to add to it as a very basic, unrobust, stupid yet acceptable player. I just ask that you guys give me a second chance, or at least a simple opportunity to prove to you that I'm not just a random greytiding asshole who always tries to ruin the round. Put me on a short leach, keep a watch on me at all times whenever I play, something of the sort, and you will see that I do try to add fun to the game as best as I can. If you still don't want to do any of this at all, well, I just ask that you don't make this ban permanent. Make this a week, two weeks, a month if you need to. I honestly just think that a permanent ban is too much for an act based on momentary yet extreme stupidity. And yes, I do realize I have made this in the past as well. However I can give you my word that, should you accept my appeal, I shall never do it again in the servers at all, and that I can promise.
References of good conduct: I have not played in any other servers in the meantime, given how this ban was placed just yesterday and I have only now just seen, and immediately took the time to register to the forums and pitifully attempt to appeal.
J Moldy
Byond Username: J Moldy

Re: [J Moldy] Pedro43 - Welderbombing in bar

Post by J Moldy » #577122

Alright, so the main thing here is that having a character go crazy or the like really isn't an excuse for grief, and that is a reasoning that is explicitly mentioned in the rules. (Random murders are not acceptable nor is the killing of other players for poor or little reasoning such as ‘My character is insane’). The welderbombing left the other bar patron in near critical condition, and had set them on fire, a state of affairs that can easily end up killing people.

Welderbombing and logging off is a very common form of uncreative, low-brow griefing on many servers, and this was a permaban because I wanted to get you in here to explain yourself before you got back on the server. Please do not continue to welderbomb as a non-antag without a good justification.

I am also going to point out that yelling "Allahu Akbar" and blowing yourself up is a deeply disparaging joke and it should not be repeated as per rule 11.

Further, this is not your first offense, you have three previous bannings this year alone. Two of them involve randomly attacking and murdering other players without provocation. I would strongly recommend cleaning up your act and being more considerate as to when you decide to start attacking others as a non-antagonist.

As this was not meant to remain a permaban, I'm going to change it to a three day ban.
Pedro43
Byond Username: Pedro43

Re: [J Moldy] Pedro43 - Welderbombing in bar

Post by Pedro43 » #577221

Alright, I truly apologize for my acts. I really was not aware of those previous offenses but if they do exist then I really haven't been the best of players to say the least. I promise to try and keep my antics to a bare minimum from now on and be an acceptable member of the community. Thanks for reading my post and reducing my ban.