[NamelessFairy] Accidentally accusing someone of being a ling

Appeals which have been closed.
gottingtonballbags
Byond Username: Gottingtonballbags

[NamelessFairy] Accidentally accusing someone of being a ling

Post by gottingtonballbags » #582267

BYOND account: gottingtonballbags
Character name: Ismael Punchbeef
Ban type: Server/Role Terry, Geneticist, not a ban (note)
Ban length: nil
Ban reason: https://prnt.sc/vrh7cm
Time ban was placed: Try to get this from the server when you get the ban reason. If it was a note, the note has a timestamp. If it was a server ban, it will also have a timestamp. Both of these times are in UTC.
Server you were playing on when banned: Terry
Round ID in which ban was placed: Can't find
Your side of the story: What happened here was there were lings on station, and there was some fool who came to genetics asking for powers. I don't think English was his first language, because I could barely understand his ass, but he was asking for powers and (this is where my memory gets foggy) I think he said there were lings or he WAS a ling. Since I interpreted it as him being a ling (and I got transformation stung by something, but it wasn't my fellow geneticist who was the only other person around at that time (except for some fool who was hiding in a plant pot, which I think might've been the REAL ling afterward), I told the security man who popped out of maint that this fella was a ling. This fella was subsequently cremated. In short, I got that guy accidentally cremated because I thought he was a ling, not because he asked for cool mutations.
Why you think you should be unbanned: I wasn't banned, I just want my note cleared up since I'm a good boy.
Last edited by gottingtonballbags on Fri Nov 27, 2020 10:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Domitius
Byond Username: Domitius
Github Username: DomitiusKnack

Re: [NamelessFairy] Accidentally accusing someone of being a ling

Post by Domitius » #582283

Edited the forum topics name to include the relevant admin.
NamelessFairy
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: NamelessFairy

Re: [NamelessFairy] Accidentally accusing someone of being a ling

Post by NamelessFairy » #582309

Hi, firstly I'd just like to thank you for appealing given that we were unable to discuss this situation in game. I'm also going to point out that the round in question is round 150983.

You were transformation stung after they had already died so the transformation sting is not related to this issue.
The trespasser's death:
[2020-11-25 21:27:17.922] ATTACK: Zemsta/(Captain Is Condom) has died (BRUTE: 208.3, BURN: 0, TOX: 0, OXY: 0, CLONE: 0) (Science Maintenance (109,86,2))
You getting stung:
[2020-11-25 21:29:03.355] ATTACK: Marein/(Declan Pennington) has stung Gottingtonballbags/(Ismael Punchbeef) with transformation sting new identity is 'Captain Is Condom' (NEWHP: 93.3) (Science Maintenance (108,85,2))
Now for the more importantly the bit that you seem to be misremembering “I think he said there were lings or he WAS a ling”. Based on chat logs it seems as if they were threatening to blackmail you by publicly calling you a ling if you didn’t give them genetics powers. Unfortunately, I missed this message while writing the note.
[2020-11-25 21:26:09.846] SAY: Zemsta/(Captain Is Condom) "give powers" (Genetics Lab (111,86,2))
[2020-11-25 21:26:13.492] SAY: Zemsta/(Captain Is Condom) "or I tell everyone you are a ling" (Genetics Lab (111,86,2))
While you’ve not acknowledged this fact in your appeal you mentioned in character that you were threatened by them, this leads me to believe that you were aware of this at the time but you’ve forgotten this part of the encounter.
[2020-11-25 21:27:13.894] SAY: Gottingtonballbags/(Ismael Punchbeef) "HE THREATENED ME" (Genetics Lab (114,85,2))
Given this situation I’ve opted to remove this note as you were placed in a position where you were being blackmailed with an accusation that would have a high risk of death. From your perspective this can be treated as if the trespasser was acting like and antag, and you in turn treated them like one by doing what they threated to do. Although I will suggest trying to use less extreme accusations in the future.
I’d also like to apologize for missing such an important detail when writing this note originally.