[Fikou] bobbahbrown - banned for responding in equal jest to a question i asked in adminhelps

Appeals which have been closed.
bobbahbrown
Byond Username: Bobbahbrown

[Fikou] bobbahbrown - banned for responding in equal jest to a question i asked in adminhelps

Post by bobbahbrown » #594738

BYOND account: bobbahbrown
Character name: Kashindra Kalcronk
Ban type: Server
Ban length: 1 hour
Ban reason: trollface
Time ban was placed: 2021-03-07 18:54:20
Server you were playing on when banned: Terry
Round ID in which ban was placed: 157761
Your side of the story: The round included a nuclear operative threat that I was actively observing with cameras as the warden. I had an SMG and makarov brought to me by the chaplain, which I eventually threw on a tile in my office. The warden's dog, McGriff, grabbed the SMG and never set it down. I adminhelped asking how to make the dog drop what it's carrying, and Fikou responded with 'have you tried a psychologist'. I responded with a poorly pasted trollface in equal jest to this joke response to my genuine question. I then followed up with 'i don't want to accidentally kill the dog', 'but she appears to be VERY excited to have this firearm', at which point I was banned and removed from the round without warning.

Ticket link: https://atlantaned.space/banbus/ticket/e4b397672f1d978f
Why you think you should be unbanned: Seems a bit overkill to ban me and remove me from a round in which I was playing an important role to the gamemode over replying to your joke response to my genuine question with a joke.
Last edited by bobbahbrown on Sun Mar 07, 2021 7:18 pm, edited 2 times in total.

The information contained in this post is intended only for the individual or entity to whom it is addressed. Its contents (including any attachments) may contain confidential and/or privileged information. If you are not an intended recipient, you may not use, disclose, disseminate, copy or print its contents. If you received this post in error, please notify the sender by reply post and delete and destroy the message.

L’information contenue dans ce message est destinée exclusivement aux personnes ou aux entités auxquelles le message est adressé. Le contenu de ce message (y compris toute pièce jointe) peut renfermer de l’information confidentielle et / ou privilégiée. Si ce message ne vous est pas destiné, vous ne pouvez utiliser, divulguer, diffuser, copier ou imprimer son contenu. Si vous avez reçu ce message par erreur, veuillez aviser l’expéditeur en lui faisant parvenir une réponse. De plus, veuillez supprimer et détruire le message.
Fikou
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Fikou
Github Username: Fikou

Re: [Fikou] bobbahbrown - banned for responding in equal jest to a question i asked in adminhelps

Post by Fikou » #594743

Alright, sorry for what happened, I was searching for an actual solution and busy with a few other things so i got kind of irritated at the troll face, even though i started with a jokey response. It seemed fine to me at that moment, but probably not for you, especially when you're a Warden during nuke ops.

I unbanned you, cheers.
bobbahbrown
Byond Username: Bobbahbrown

Re: [Fikou] bobbahbrown - banned for responding in equal jest to a question i asked in adminhelps

Post by bobbahbrown » #594756

i appreciate the response and explanation, i can understand how something like this could happen! no harm done its just a funny spaceman game.

best wishes,
bobbah 'bee' brown

The information contained in this post is intended only for the individual or entity to whom it is addressed. Its contents (including any attachments) may contain confidential and/or privileged information. If you are not an intended recipient, you may not use, disclose, disseminate, copy or print its contents. If you received this post in error, please notify the sender by reply post and delete and destroy the message.

L’information contenue dans ce message est destinée exclusivement aux personnes ou aux entités auxquelles le message est adressé. Le contenu de ce message (y compris toute pièce jointe) peut renfermer de l’information confidentielle et / ou privilégiée. Si ce message ne vous est pas destiné, vous ne pouvez utiliser, divulguer, diffuser, copier ou imprimer son contenu. Si vous avez reçu ce message par erreur, veuillez aviser l’expéditeur en lui faisant parvenir une réponse. De plus, veuillez supprimer et détruire le message.