Jonathan Gupta
Byond Username: BallastMonsterGnarGnar

[vekter]BallastMonsterGnarGnar - Perma Appeal

Post by Jonathan Gupta » #596074

BYOND account: ballastmonstergnargnar

Character name: Some golem name

Ban type: Server

Ban length: Permanent

Ban reason: Constant history of bullshit since the beginning of the year. Has been warned multiple times and still seems to only really be here to grief. Went to the station and attacked medbay as a free golem because another golem told him to 'wreak havoc', broke metagaming rules by telling him what happened in another life. When asked why he was breaking the rules said "im quite sped im autistic". EDIT: Apparently you've also been shitting up Fulp, Bee, and /vg/ so consider this a rule 1 ban, fuck off elsewhere

Time ban was placed: 2021-03-20 01:56:10

Server you were playing on when banned: Basil

Round ID in which ban was placed: 158561

Your side of the story: a fellow golem says "we need a scout" I assume we are going to check station, he then says "Give them-
-hell" so I assume we are going to take over the station after I get cuffed after injuring people into crit I ghost and get a new body I tell him what happened(due to me thinking golems can die and have a soul replicated(I've done this multiple times without knowing))I get bwoinked asked what happened and I tell him the same thing for this part of the ban he says "...you should be smart enough to know you shouldn't be causing bullshit like that for no good reason." I said in response "im quite sped im autistic though this is no excuse" he did not ask me what happened or it does not seem that way at all I did not have a chance to explain anything before getting permad, also I can not find this in the rules from what vekter said "...Then why are you starting shit as a free golem when the rules explicitly state not to"

Why you think you should be unbanned: I didn't have a chance to explain vekter seemed to have come in with the mindset of banning me(that is what it felt like https://atlantaned.space/banbus/ticket/c0360c43c75f5240)

Anything else we should know: I have been permabanned in /vg/ due to my own incompetence as a newbie still this is no excuse, I have bans in fulp one of them being an engineer wearing CE outfit, making chems, admins proceeded to tele me in CE room gib me and banned(admin abuse is rampant in fulp from what I have experienced), I have one ban in bee for a day because of cuffing shitter cap who has 19-20 bans killing someone cap thought I did it due to being demoted, I get bwoinked and asked I tell him the same the rules are not as lax so I get banned for it admin saying next time you should report on it(although I think its an ic issue? I do not know)

If this does get appealed then please shorten it to a month ban or longer I do deserve a ban for this but not perma his heart was in the right place, It could be an in a moment thing? I do not know I cannot speak for others

If this doesn't get appealed then thank you for reviewing this and sorry for taking your time.

With apologies for making you read something so long

- Jonathan J Gupta

Part of this appeal was generated by Banbus 0.8.1
Vekter
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Vekter

Re: [vekter]BallastMonsterGnarGnar - Perma Appeal

Post by Vekter » #596082

So there's a few reasons I escalated this to a permanent ban.

First and foremost, you've had a long history of notes since the beginning of the year. You've had 11 notes and just came off of a weeklong ban a few weeks ago for escalation and griefing. This came two days after I banned you for a day for rule eight violations and explicitly telling me you hadn't read the rules. This genuinely makes me question whether or not you're here to just troll every few weeks for shits and giggles.

The ban itself is for multiple issues, namely violating metagaming rules by discussing your past life (Golems don't work the way you think they do) and antagonizing the station for little to no reason. No, being told to do something doesn't give you free reign to do it if it's against the rules. I had words with the other golem as well and handled that matter separately.

I didn't intend to keep this as a permanent ban until I checked the other servers' ban logs to see what your history there had been.

https://centcom.melonmesa.com/viewer/vi ... ergnargnar

(For the record - Bobbah's tool here only aggregates information from other servers' public ban logs - this is effectively the same as if I'd gone to each individual server's site and searched your name.)

You have bans on file from both Beestation servers, Fulp, and /vg/ for similar escapades. I would have thought after a week ban you would have taken time to read the rules and understand them better, but this doesn't seem to be the case.

I am willing to shorten this ban to three days and place you on a month-long probation. Any further rule breaking would result in a permanent ban. I firmly do not believe that you're here in good faith but I want to see you change my mind - I'd rather give you a chance and see you improve than just outright ban you assuming the worst.
AliasTakuto wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:11 pm As for the ear replacing stuff, you can ask Anne but I don't think this is what I was banned for. If I was all I can say is "Sorry for being hilarious"...
Omega_DarkPotato wrote:This sucks, dude.
Spoiler:
Reply PM from-REDACTED/(REDACTED): i tried to remove the bruises by changing her gender

PM: Bluespace->Delaron: Nobody wants a mime's asscheeks farting on their brig windows.

PM: REDACTED->HotelBravoLima: Oh come on, knowing that these are hostile aliens is metagaming

[17:43] <Aranclanos> any other question ping me again
[17:43] <Vekter> Aranclanos for nicest coder 2015
[17:44] <Aranclanos> fuck you
Jonathan Gupta

Post by Jonathan Gupta » #596085

Vekter wrote:So there's a few reasons I escalated this to a permanent ban.

First and foremost, you've had a long history of notes since the beginning of the year. You've had 11 notes and just came off of a weeklong ban a few weeks ago for escalation and griefing. This came two days after I banned you for a day for rule eight violations and explicitly telling me you hadn't read the rules. This genuinely makes me question whether or not you're here to just troll every few weeks for shits and giggles.

The ban itself is for multiple issues, namely violating metagaming rules by discussing your past life (Golems don't work the way you think they do) and antagonizing the station for little to no reason. No, being told to do something doesn't give you free reign to do it if it's against the rules. I had words with the other golem as well and handled that matter separately.

I didn't intend to keep this as a permanent ban until I checked the other servers' ban logs to see what your history there had been.

https://centcom.melonmesa.com/viewer/vi ... ergnargnar

(For the record - Bobbah's tool here only aggregates information from other servers' public ban logs - this is effectively the same as if I'd gone to each individual server's site and searched your name.)

You have bans on file from both Beestation servers, Fulp, and /vg/ for similar escapades. I would have thought after a week ban you would have taken time to read the rules and understand them better, but this doesn't seem to be the case.

I am willing to shorten this ban to three days and place you on a month-long probation. Any further rule breaking would result in a permanent ban. I firmly do not believe that you're here in good faith but I want to see you change my mind - I'd rather give you a chance and see you improve than just outright ban you assuming the worst.
I am willing to settle down and become a botanist main.

With the greatest regards

(NAME)
Vekter
In-Game Admin

Post by Vekter » #596088

Prove me wrong.

Unbanned. Cause no trouble.
AliasTakuto wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:11 pm As for the ear replacing stuff, you can ask Anne but I don't think this is what I was banned for. If I was all I can say is "Sorry for being hilarious"...
Spoiler:
Reply PM from-REDACTED/(REDACTED): i tried to remove the bruises by changing her gender

PM: Bluespace->Delaron: Nobody wants a mime's asscheeks farting on their brig windows.

PM: REDACTED->HotelBravoLima: Oh come on, knowing that these are hostile aliens is metagaming

Jonathan Gupta

Post by Jonathan Gupta » #596098

Vekter wrote:Prove me wrong.

shall do, ill be on in a months time need a break

with something

tiredness
Vekter
In-Game Admin

Post by Vekter » #596115

Jonathan Gupta wrote:

with something

tiredness
We do reserve the right to extend your probation if it's determined you're just not playing to get past it without getting banned.
Spoiler:

Jonathan Gupta

Post by Jonathan Gupta » #596200

Vekter wrote:
Jonathan Gupta wrote:

with something

tiredness
We do reserve the right to extend your probation if it's determined you're just not playing to get past it without getting banned.
fine with me
Vekter
In-Game Admin

Post by Vekter » #596244

Resolved, then.
Spoiler: