[Mindstormy] SinfulBliss - Note Appeal

Appeals which have been closed.
sinfulbliss
Byond Username: SinfulBliss

[Mindstormy] SinfulBliss - Note Appeal

Post by sinfulbliss » #598213

BYOND account: SinfulBliss
Character name: Axle Brady
Note reason: Warned about over escalation for having things stolen from them while they were on the operating table. They ended up stripping and disposaling a guy for stealing their sec webbing while they were in medical. I advised them to brig folks that do this in the future. Was pretty cool about it in ahelps.
Time ban was placed: 2021-04-16 18:18:04
Server you were playing on when banned: Sybil
Your side of the story: So here's what happened basically. I set up the SM as HoS (because the station was underpowered and the engies couldn't do it) and start dying to appendicitis, so I go to med to have my appendix removed. Then this curator rushes in and steals my sec webbing (2 batons in it, I'm sure he knew the webbing was where those were kept). Personally I think stealing from someone being healed, ESPECIALLY a seccie, ESPECIALLY the HoS, is a super shitty thing to do and deserves an equally shitty punishment. Sure, I could have just brigged him for 5 minutes, but I think sec should be allowed to change up the way they handle people, and I see this done all the time (i.e., someone breaks into bridge and the cap strips and disposals them). When I found him I stripped him and put him through disposals, which in theory shouldn't be much worse than getting a few minutes in brig, although his stuff was liable to be stolen. But that's exactly what happened to me! I thought it was very fitting that he'd have the possibility of getting his things stolen when he did the same to me. An eye for an eye a tooth for a tooth. Furthermore, I had spent the entire round in the SM as the only sec officer on the station, so I wasn't able to respond to any of the crime happening. I really didn't have time to bring him to brig and sit there for 5 minutes while his timer ticked down, when I was already way behind in my job as sec.

More importantly, I was the original person that ahelped! This guy became a hulk and then beat me to death later on in the round completely unprovoked. So I ahelped it, and I was asked if they had a reason to murder me, upon which I told the admin the story. They told me they thought I was the person that overescalated, and because of that I didn't followup with the ahelp. But I didn't think I'd be the one getting noted, I just expected that the admin put it up to IC-issues. If I knew I was the person getting bwoinked I'd have liked to discuss it further in ahelps before getting noted.

Why you think it should be removed: I am very careful with escalating properly and I would appreciate that the admin reconsider this note in light of the fact that the punishment I gave them was poetically fitting for the crime they committed, and also in light of the fact that a normal brig sentence would have been a poor choice because there were many other crimes to investigate and brigging him would have prevented me from doing so efficiently.
mindstormy
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Mindstormy

Re: [Mindstormy] SinfulBliss - Note Appeal

Post by mindstormy » #598214

Yeah I'm fine with removing it. I'm still learning when to note and when not to note and even how to note correctly so this is good feedback.

The point I was trying to send was pretty much, if you strip and disposal a guy, do not be surprised when they are very upset about it and do bad things.
Vekter
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Vekter

Re: [Mindstormy] SinfulBliss - Note Appeal

Post by Vekter » #598259

I looked at this last night, Stormy's already removed the note.

Going to move this on in the morning.
AliasTakuto wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:11 pm As for the ear replacing stuff, you can ask Anne but I don't think this is what I was banned for. If I was all I can say is "Sorry for being hilarious"...
Omega_DarkPotato wrote:This sucks, dude.
Spoiler:
Reply PM from-REDACTED/(REDACTED): i tried to remove the bruises by changing her gender

PM: Bluespace->Delaron: Nobody wants a mime's asscheeks farting on their brig windows.

PM: REDACTED->HotelBravoLima: Oh come on, knowing that these are hostile aliens is metagaming

[17:43] <Aranclanos> any other question ping me again
[17:43] <Vekter> Aranclanos for nicest coder 2015
[17:44] <Aranclanos> fuck you