borb197
Byond Username: Borb197

[Pepsiman0] borb197 - beaned for over escalation

Post by borb197 » #602785

BYOND account: borb197
Character name: Chad Dickson
Ban type: Server
Ban length: 1440 minutes (1 day)
Ban reason: overescalation - called for dusting of the cap on radio after they upload "Kill all non-humans" to the ai, then proceeded to kill and dust the captain.
Time ban was placed: 2021-06-12 11:18:00
Server you were playing on when banned: Terry
Round ID in which ban was placed: 163975
Your side of the story: The HoP (acting captain) was uploading laws to the AI which means that people damaging the station were nonhuman (somewhat reasonable), and that all non-humans should be killed (totally unreasonable). Bear in mind that the AI was Asimoth++, and thus had no extra definitions on who was human other than ones being dehumanized if they damage the station. This had also lead to the AI admitting they had killed a non-human security officer after i had removed laws 4 and 5. I had told the captain that this meant that non-humans would be killed and he responded with "yes plus fuck non human". Afterwards, I admittedly did start rallying people to lynch the acting captain because he was uncooperative, which is a mistake on my part now that i am reviewing this, but I had believed that the acting captain was a traitor. Afterwards, me and an atmospheric technician, medical doctor and I think one other went to bridge to go confront the captain. We had started off non-lethally by telling him multiple times to un-fuck the AI's laws so they would not kill random non-humans, and he had refused to do so, and eventually we decided we had enough of his shit and I opened the door leading to the area which the captain was in. Once again, i believe this may have been a mistake as it was what made the conflict go lethal, i wanted to batong the captain with my telescopic baton, with intentions to take their ID and do it myself, however the others with me presumably threw a spear at the captain (i cannot confirm if this actually happened) and he responded by firing at us, forcing us to fuck off. We went back into one of the small rooms which seperates bridge from the command hallway, and the captain had used his remote (or it was the AI, cannot confirm) to bolt us in, and do a bridge lockdown so we couldn't leave, all while telling us to leave. After a short while of arguing and him pulling out his antique laser (not firing, though), i had went into the conference room and hacked the door leading to bridge to unbolt it and trying once again to disarm the captain. This lead to him rather than firing, fleeing, and he was met again in cargo bay where at that point i'd of had enough of his shit to telebaton him again and me and a small group of others had butchered him. To clarify, we did this because i had believed he was a traitor, as he had given the AI a law to kill non-humans, and he did respond to us with lethal weapons, so we killed him. Anyhow, he got revived in medical and went right back to bridge, where at that point i have had enough of his shit so i batonged him, cuffed him, dragged him to engi and threw him into the supermatter. A while later on, I was bwoinked and after just me saying a m̶u̶c̶h̶ ̶b̶r̶o̶a̶d̶e̶r̶ [EDIT: less broad] version of the story and me saying I had to go brb so I may respond late to a further bwoink, i was banned for a day.
Why you think you should be unbanned: I rather am making this appeal to clarify the story, however i do believe i should be unbanned because i had killed the captain after exchanging multiple requests and warnings for him to reverse the laws, after being attacked with a revolver (though it was in our attempt to disarm the captain), and after the captain being hard to work with and seeming so much like an antagonist - as they had added the 5th law in the first place. Additionally, after revisiting the rules to really see if i had fucked up because i was really considering not appealing this due to it being just a day, i had noticed that not only was us killing the captain in a violent retaliation not over-escellation, but the captain had acted as an antagonist so we were fully in our rights to treat him as one, and thus dusting him in the supermatter.
References of good conduct: I'd also like to mention I have 0 related notes to what has happened (if you'd really like to know, 2 of them are ocky icky and one of them was me being dum as a borg), also, please do scrutinize this ticket if you'd like to have a very good understanding of the events, public ticket here: https://atlantaned.space/banbus/ticket/ad924c5c48c94ee2
Part of this appeal was generated by Banbus 0.11.1

[edited once, the story i said in bwoinks was much less broad, not broader]
Pepsiman
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Pepsiman0

Re: [Pepsiman0] borb197 - beaned for over escalation

Post by Pepsiman » #602786

With the context you provided and a bit more of log checking I accept this appeal, the ban should be completely removed now.

The only thing I can add is that this is a mistake on my part due to me not looking at the logs enough due to tiredness and I wanted to finish it faster since I was delaying the round by quite some time.