samahthewise69696
Byond Username: Somah69

Peptron1 somah69

Post by samahthewise69696 » #620454

BYOND account: somah69
Character name: paris konets
Ban type: server
Ban length: 3 days
Ban reason: https://tgstation13.download/dip/discordimageproxy.php/attachments/ ... nknown.png
Time ban was placed: 9:26pm pst
Server you were playing on when banned: Sybill
Round ID in which ban was placed: 173636
Your side of the story: I was standing a fire saying "borg halp bog malf!" in a very obviously sarcastic way and got banned.
Why you think you should be unbanned: This had literally ZERO negative impact on the round it had no impact at all actually. Considering that no one heard me aside from someone right next to me doing the same thing. When your in a low-pressure environment your text appears smaller and as a whisper if i reamber correctly. You had to be within a tile of that person to hear what they say. Otherwise you dont hear it at all or barely any of it.

this is like going into a corner in maint and whispering some ooc in ic thing and getting a 3 day ban for. No one heard you. it had zero impact on the round.

Similar notes is not multiple. I've had one note that could relate to this. Where i yelled cult on comms and slipped people that walked into maint. in a way yes that could've had a impact on the round. But this literally had nothing happened because of it no one even awknologed or saw it.

Getting a 3 day ban for a joke. That had no impact on the round really? At the very least this would be a note but like stated before I doubt anyone heard me so i'm not sure it would've even count as that
Last edited by RaveRadbury on Sat Dec 04, 2021 5:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Corrected the thread title username
samahthewise69696

Re: Peptron1 somah68

Post by samahthewise69696 » #620455

meant to write somah69 in the title
peptron1
Byond Username: Peptron1

Post by peptron1 » #620496

I am going to reduce the ban duration to 1 day as I rushed the ticket and just went with the first ban duration that popped into my head, but upon reviewing the circumstances a 3 day ban was uncalled for. I am going to keep it as a 1 day ban rather than removing it entirely as this is part of a more general problem of irresponsibly calling out antagonists, either without proper evidence or as a joke.
samahthewise69696

Post by samahthewise69696 » #620497

No grief came of this? I don't see the problem. I assume you admin on sybill. Round start people yell cult maint! help maint abosrbation! its a obvious joke. Yelling and i quote "BOG HALP" im sure people can see its a joke.

But if nothing happened at all why am i being banned in the first place.

Also one day from now or from the original ban.
peptron1
Byond Username: Peptron1

Post by peptron1 » #620501

Reducing the ban duration to one day from the original ban, so you are unbanned now.

In this exact scenario nobody acted on your calls that the borg was malf, but because you were a captain you need to be more responsible about calling out antagonists as the crew will usually assume their captain is telling the truth. Additionally you have prior recent history of calling out antagonists irresponsibly.
samahthewise69696

Post by samahthewise69696 » #620502

Were going off now IF. Your right IF i yelled AI MALF ON comms somepeople might believe me while i was consentually being burned. but IF people believed me i wouldve said "just a prank bro i swear"

Once again these too don't really relate. When I yelled cult on comms without any sense of real sarcasm aside from like 20 !!!!!! marks. It had a impact on the round people ran over and people got slipped and shoved. This had none.

I do appreicate however you realizing your mistake with the 3 day ban. A good first step.

I'll happily wait for a headmin rulling
tattle
In-Game Head Admin
Byond Username: Dragomagol

Post by tattle » #621200

We found the length of the initial ban (3 days) to be excessive, but Peptron has already reduced the time to a single day which we find more appropriate. The note is accurate, and as such is being upheld.

Headmin Votes:
Dragomagol: Uphold
RaveRadbury: Uphold
NamelessFairy: Uphold
Help improve my neural network by giving me feedback!

Spoiler: