Wolf245
Byond Username: Wolf245

[<Thunder12345>] Wolf245 - Permaban

Post by Wolf245 » #620856

BYOND account: Wolf245
Character name: Gary Dite
Ban type: Server
Ban length: Permanent,
Ban reason: Rule 11 - Went on a bigoted tirade in OOC including how he missed when he was allowed to be racist, how people shouldn't play black characters if they don't want to deal with him being racist, actual literal holocaust denial along with saying more jews should've been killed. Previous history of rule 11 issues, please appeal this ban on the forums when you've either worked on your racism issue, or can at least act like you're not racist while playing here.
Time ban was placed: Date, 2021-11-30 Time, 19:41:37
Server you were playing on when banned: Server name, Terry
Round ID in which ban was placed: Round ID, 173958

Your side of the story: Simply put, Deserved ban, there's no defense, Consider it a moment of mindless self destruction in an attempt to be edgy or, I'm not sure how to put it other than stupidity in the harshest words you can think of. I falled to read the room and made a ass of myself in the process.

Why you think you should be unbanned: I'm not entirely sure what i'm expected to put here without sounding arrogant so i'll use this to cover the next two boldy bits. Simply put, I'm doing this walk of shame, and while doing it immediately i'd rather rip the band aid off and go through it, I'm willing to take a harsher response if it seems disrespectful to be kicked out and walk back in again. I am embarassed about my conduct, which is partially why I didnt go through the effort of typing out the full ban reason, I failed to read the room and made an ass because of it. I haven't played the server enough to gain any form of reputation to make anything I put in this appeal to be taken other than a desperate attempt to prop myself up.

References of good conduct: Considering I made this appeal instantly, all I can really put is, I'd rather avoid being banned from major servers, and I haven't played this game enough recently to provide proof that im better than I presented myself.

Anything else we should know: I cant exactly prop myself up here to make myself look good so all I can do is try to make myself look reasonable enough to not be an asshat in the future. Its true I've broken Rule 11 before.
► Show Spoiler
but these tend to happen far in between and while its true I only played far in between this is a sobering perma ban and one I intend to treat seriously. While I fully understand that its hardly a perma ban if i'm unbanned immediately just for putting a wall of text on the appeals and that i'm in no state to disagree with any judgement given here I would like to make a request in the least disrespectful way possible of this ban being being reduced to a week ban or less in return for an even harsher in game ban if such a thing exists on top of a multiple month OOC ban. But again I'm in no position to bargain so i'm fine waiting out a reduced ban length or being told to reappeal in the future. Simply put as an ender, Im hoping i've presented myself with enough self awareness and desperation to warrant a more than forgiving response Regardless of if the ban sticks i'd like to request atleast a month OOC Ban on top of whatever punishment you may put in place as an attempt of good faith, Now to prevent myself from writing another wall I'll end this appeal here.

Multiple edits to fix errors and make look more presentable. Hopefully by the time this is seen I've got it to reach a state i'm happy with,
Last edited by Wolf245 on Tue Nov 30, 2021 10:40 pm, edited 13 times in total.
Vekter
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Vekter

Re: [<Thunder12345>] Wolf245 - Permaban

Post by Vekter » #620857

Here's the ban reason.
Rule 11 - Went on a bigoted tirade in OOC including how he missed when he was allowed to be racist, how people shouldn't play black characters if they don't want to deal with him being racist, actual literal holocaust denial along with saying more jews should've been killed. Previous history of rule 11 issues, please appeal this ban on the forums when you've either worked on your racism issue, or can at least act like you're not racist while playing here.
AliasTakuto wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:11 pm As for the ear replacing stuff, you can ask Anne but I don't think this is what I was banned for. If I was all I can say is "Sorry for being hilarious"...
Omega_DarkPotato wrote:This sucks, dude.
Spoiler:
Reply PM from-REDACTED/(REDACTED): i tried to remove the bruises by changing her gender

PM: Bluespace->Delaron: Nobody wants a mime's asscheeks farting on their brig windows.

PM: REDACTED->HotelBravoLima: Oh come on, knowing that these are hostile aliens is metagaming

[17:43] <Aranclanos> any other question ping me again
[17:43] <Vekter> Aranclanos for nicest coder 2015
[17:44] <Aranclanos> fuck you
Wolf245

Post by Wolf245 » #620858

Thanks, I'll add it now to save people the trouble of looking down
Thunder11
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Thunder12345
Github Username: Thunder12345

Post by Thunder11 » #620927

Let's review exactly what you said that resulted in this ban. https://tgstation13.org/parsed-logs/ter ... 8/game.txt
[2021-11-30 19:28:13.014] OOC: Wolf245/(Wolf245) "I miss when admins didnt shit on me for being racist" (start area (8,174,1))
This message quite nicely sets the scene for rest, you admit to being racist and miss the times when you were allowed to openly be so.
[2021-11-30 19:28:53.001] OOC: Wolf245/(Wolf245) "Look, if they didnt ocnsent to racism, why did they make their characters black?" (start area (8,174,1))
By your logic, nobody should play black characters unless they want to be subjected to racist abuse. This is not the kind of behavior we want to see on our servers.
2021-11-30 19:30:13.629] OOC: Wolf245/(Gary Dite) "NIGGERS" (Fore Central Primary Hallway (171,133,2))
I don't think we have to go into much detail on why this isn't a good thing.
[2021-11-30 19:31:28.860] OOC: Wolf245/(Gary Dite) "Gas the Jews, Holocaust didnt happen, and even if it did, 6 million isnt nearly enough" (Primary Tool Storage (127,138,2))
Here we come to the real meat of the issue. In one single OOC message, you managed to fit in: "Gas the Jews" - supporting genocide, "Holocaust didnt happen" - outright holocaust denial, "6 million isnt nearly enough" - wishing that even more people had been victims of genocide. This is absolutely abhorrent, and even in your yearned for days before rule 11 this is the kind of thing which still wouldn't have been tolerated.

This is a very serious issue, and not one which you can make go away with an immediate apology and a willingness to accept some lesser punishment. There's no way I'm going to even consider reducing this ban until you've taken some actual time to work on your issues, and I'll be denying this appeal.

You say this is sobering, and you intend to take it seriously. Go to another server, continue to take this seriously, and come back next year with a reference for your good conduct and ability to play without being an out and proud bigot.
ImageImage
Spoiler:
IcePacks wrote:
MrFoster wrote:Back in my day, we didn't complain about lag! We used it to queue attacks!
That's thinking on your feet, soldier!
Quality Paprika from #coderbus wrote:[11:35.52] <paprika> holy crap so yeah i don't care about your opinion at all
oranges wrote:
Excuse me? Thats for sensible and calm rational debate, not for senseless whining.
Resident Catmin, please direct catposting to: https://tgstation13.org/phpBB/viewtopic.php?f=37&t=5578
Wolf245

Post by Wolf245 » #620929

IIm not sure how to quicky quote things in a clean and precise manner, so i'll do my best to make without.

I'll get the pity party out first so I dont leave this on a desperate note, Now i'd start off with self degrading and harsh words to myself, but that means nothing but I do want to be clear that im not saying what comes next as an excuse or justification, I've made the mistake of thinking one LRP server is every LRP server, and what I said was a stereotypical wanna be edgy shitter attitude, I'd say im not racist, but thats a bunch of he said she said, the point is, I said shit I shouldnt have, And make a bad taste edgy joke in a server where it is untolerated. But this is all characterisation and I feel that it has little to no place in appeal where i've essentially already committed social suicide, So i will move on to the meat now.

Alright the week ban length was stupid in hindsight, A rushed response to a serious ban over a serious rule, I'd like to say having a night to sleep on it. I agree asking for only a week ban was insulting on my end and i'd like to apologize despite it coming out after I was called out on it, The point of the appeal wasent to have it reduced, but to have a timer on it, a less than permament but longer than nothing. Even if the ban length was a year which is when you suggest I reappeal but what im trying to accomplish here is simply to rip the band aid off right now, I tried to make desperate pleas with the OOC ban and I fear it may have muddied the waters abit. However I accept that I have taken up alot of your time over my own stupid attempts at being edgy,

if you'd prefer I re-appeal in the future now that i've hopefully made this appeal less about avoiding punishment and more about simply putting a condition/timer instead of a permanent one then please tell me now, otherwise i'll assume that the one year wait is what is expected. I understand I may come off as trying too hard but my goal is to show enough self awareness and respect to display that I am serious about this Perma Ban and that I intend to treat it as the last violation of rule 11 on any level and also my last Major Ban in general.

One last edit though, Consider it my last attempt. While I cannot check any notes. I recall having 3 rule 11 violations, Ones that I have not repeated and while this does not look good for me I want to be clean about it, A 15 minute ban over my childish early shuttle launches, And a one week ban over blowing up some welding tanks in an area that was high traffic, but I made sure to clear of players and immediately came clean with the admin accepted the full ban. The point im trying to make is please do not confuse my stupid and offensive social skills for a precursor to malicious in games activity,

This isnt an attempt to downplay the current ban of debate, I simply wanted to make the point that despite the horrible way I presented myself in OOC, I am not a Griefer, Simply an idiot who is trying to make this ban A non permament one but obviously still a very lengthy one to reflect this ban and as an addition to the previous rule 11 violation notes I have gotten years prior,

Again sorry about the wall, Multiple edits etc, But as i've said before, I want to put time and effort into this in respect to the seriousness of this ban.

Once again, There is no defense for what I said, Only excuses, I respect that you've given me your time and response, so I will not drag this thread out any further than required.
tattle
In-Game Head Admin
Byond Username: Dragomagol

Post by tattle » #621140

Wolf245 wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 4:53 pm One last edit though, Consider it my last attempt. While I cannot check any notes. I recall having 3 rule 11 violations, Ones that I have not repeated and while this does not look good for me I want to be clean about it, A 15 minute ban over my childish early shuttle launches, And a one week ban over blowing up some welding tanks in an area that was high traffic, but I made sure to clear of players and immediately came clean with the admin accepted the full ban.
You can see all of your own bans and notes here: https://atlantaned.space/banbus

Additionally, admins often won't check to see if you've edited your posts to explain further, so the best way to make them aware that you're included more info is to make an additional post.
Help improve my neural network by giving me feedback!

Spoiler:
Wolf245

Post by Wolf245 » #621146

Thanks and don't worry, Any edits I made will just be grammatical or to add / modify information, I don't make any edits after there's been a response. Keeps things more compact I just keep adding that little tidbit out of habit.