Appeals which have been closed.
lukasauru

[Shelteredfreak] Luke Chien - i think a week is a bit much

Post by lukasauru » #621415

Beyond Account: Lukasaurus8
Character Name: Luke Chien
ban type: Server ban
ban length: 7 days
ban reason: "attacked a traitor as a revolutionary, team antagonists take priority, I recommend you read the rules more thoroughly to prevent future mistakes like this."
time of ban: 2021-12-04, 02:19:15
server I was playing: Bagil
round id: 174146
my side of the story:
so one day as a paramedic, I was trying to heal a miner up from injury's he got in the line of mining, when I get flashed by a rev head, though shocked, I went back to healing up the miner who I now know is a fellow rev, when he mentioned offhandedly that he was a traitor, so I asked him "wait your a traitor" and he said "uh ya", knowing that traitors are well, traitors, I tried to take him out then and there, thinking that him being a traitor overrides him being a fellow rev, sadly I messed up the throat slit and he got up, pulled out a desword and robusts my ass, assumedly getting healed by the Head rev who got me, I don't know as I went to sleep after I died,
I personally entirely agree I messed up rules and probably deserve some punishment, but my issue is that a WEEK long ban is a wee bit too much for a honest mistake made, and I at least want it shortened to a day or 3, a entire week is FAR too long for a mess up
references of good conduct: SS14 and the discord, and goon station and there discord
thank you for reading this, even if its a wee bit late, i just want to play some more tg, its fun!
shelteredfreak
Byond Username: Shelteredfreak

Re: [Shelteredfreak] Luke Chien - i think a week is a bit much

Post by shelteredfreak » #621417

Glad you took the time to appeal.

I'll start off by saying that I was debating the duration between 3 to 7 days when initially making the ban.

I initially made the ban that length due to your previous ban, but seeing how it is actually unrelated completely to the incident here, it was honestly a overdramatic length, and I apologize.

I also understand that the rules of Revolutionaries and other convert antags have some pretty weird conflicting rules sometimes, and it's not always very intuitive to players to immediately know how they interact.

With that said, I will be shortening the ban to 3 days, and I offer my utmost apologies for my mistake.

Thank you for making an appeal, and I hope you enjoy your time back.
Dan Ross by default, Pogchamper as Mime, Not Funny as Clown, Benign as AI/Borg
Stuff here
Spoiler:
Ignoring the most brutal murder happening right next to me just so I can live to see another day
Trying to make everyone more happy by hugging, sculpting, taking pictures of, drawing stuff of crewmembers
ONLY THE MOST ROBUST USE PACIFIST TRAIT
lukasauru

Re: [Shelteredfreak] Luke Chien - i think a week is a bit much

Post by lukasauru » #621432

Thank you for shortening it, i can see why you would set it that long going off my previous ban, but i personally think its too unrelated, but all in all thanks for listening and changing it, i hope you have a good day~