BYOND account: Roniii
Character name: Tanner Schaeffer
Ban type: Server
Ban length: Permanent
Ban reason: Metacommunications with KapselGamer, Houndblues and TaillyLaundis
Time ban was placed: 2021-12-07 21:58:09
Server you were playing on when banned: Terry
Round ID in which ban was placed: 174377
Your side of the story: I wasn't specifically banned for something in the round, I believe. I was most likely banned for sharing a server with the other users, that's the only conclusion I can come to. This ban, though, was definitely a misunderstanding. I don't know about the other users since I was added to that server more recently, but I didn't talk in that group much and neither did I talk about in-game round things in it. I can provide more if needed such as screenshots of messages/message history and etc.
Why you think you should be unbanned: This ban was almost definitely a misunderstanding and I wish to appeal it because /tg/ is the branch of SS13 that I spend most of my time on. I have fun playing on /tg/ with others and I generally try to be friendly with people around while playing, I don't like ruining other people's experiences.
Anything else we should know: I'm willing to talk about the things connected to my ban in detail and also post screenshots if required, anything to clear misunderstandings.
NamelessFairy
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: NamelessFairy

Re: [NamelessFairy] Roniii - Metacommunicating

Post by NamelessFairy » #621541

Hi, thanks for the appeal, you claim to have not spoken about ongoing rounds in the group, I'm going to challenge that statement and I'd like to see your response to the following.

The following photo is from a few weeks ago, it takes place during round 173670. The time in the screenshot is on EST and there's a few minutes discrepancy that can be explained by slight differences between system time on the server and the PC.
► Show Spoiler
I'll now post your logs that occur at what I assume is the same IRL time (accounting for few minutes discrepancy, on GMT time as well) Logs available here

Code: Select all

[2021-11-25 18:59:59.760] ACCESS: Login: Roniii from -censored(ip/cid)- || BYOND v514.1571
[2021-11-25 19:00:01.680] ACCESS: Mob Login: Roniii/(Roniii) was assigned to a /mob/dead/new_player
[2021-11-25 19:00:02.695] GAME: Roniii/(Roniii) Client Roniii/(Roniii) has taken ownership of mob Roniii(/mob/dead/new_player) (start area (8,174,1))
[2021-11-25 19:00:15.623] GAME: *no key*/(Roniii) *no key*/(Roniii) is no longer owning mob Roniii(/mob/dead/new_player) (start area (8,174,1))
[2021-11-25 19:00:15.623] ACCESS: Mob Login: Roniii/(ghost) was assigned to a /mob/dead/observer
[2021-11-25 19:00:15.648] GAME: Roniii/(ghost) Client Roniii/(ghost) has taken ownership of mob the ghost(/mob/dead/observer) (Central Primary Hallway (107,144,2))
[2021-11-25 19:01:01.729] ACCESS: Mob Login: Roniii/(Garneys Operative #7) was assigned to a /mob/living/silicon/robot/model/syndicate/medical
[2021-11-25 19:01:01.744] GAME: Roniii/(Garneys Operative #7) Client Roniii/(Garneys Operative #7) has taken ownership of mob Default Cyborg-599(/mob/living/silicon/robot/model/syndicate/medical) (Syndicate Control Room (70,86,1))
[2021-11-25 19:01:07.939] SAY: Roniii/(Garneys Operative #7) "yo yo yo" (Syndicate Infiltrator Airlock (61,86,1))
[2021-11-25 19:01:12.887] SAY: Roniii/(Garneys Operative #7) "whats good" (Syndicate Infiltrator Airlock (60,85,1))
Comparing the photo and the logs it shows that after joining the server during a nukies round, where you observed and took a Syndicate borg role. Upon getting this role you informed the other members of the discord group. Given that you think this is a misunderstanding I'd like to know what your explanation is behind this.
maratness
Byond Username: Roniii

Post by maratness » #621544

I'll start explaining this screenshot. I had problems with reconnecting that round and that's a problem that I have some times when rounds finish on terry. Once I reconnected, I observed in the round because the jobs that I liked were already taken. I got an offer to become a syndie borg and I accepted it. When I posted that in the discord, I didn't post it with the intent of giving someone information that would be beneficial to them for developments in the round. They wouldn't be able to do much with that information either, I didn't specify who I was in a more specific way either. This was one I forgot but I had no malicious intent with it. I can share more screenshots of the chat if required to clear it up. I forgot about this discussion and I take full fault for talking about it, but I didn't have the intent of giving them an advantage. I apologize for this one. I also promise not to make the same mistake as this one again, I'll leave the group if required, too.
NamelessFairy
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: NamelessFairy

Post by NamelessFairy » #621948

Following a discussion with the other two head admins I've decided that given that this ban is based on a comparably minor instance of metacommunications compared to other involved parties, as well as you appear to understand your mistake and don't intend to repeat it. I'm going to be reducing this ban to 1 month. Thanks for your time appealing this ban and please don't repeat this mistake in the future.
maratness
Byond Username: Roniii

Post by maratness » #621956

Thanks for helping, I won't make the same mistake again.