[Iain0] Timonk - "i dont have time for you" *proceeds to fill out an entire ban form*

Appeals which have been closed.
Timonk
Byond Username: Timonk

[Iain0] Timonk - "i dont have time for you" *proceeds to fill out an entire ban form*

Post by Timonk » #624602

BYOND account: timonk
Character name: some random emergency squad name
Ban type: Deathsquad, Sentience Potion Spawn
Ban length: 20160 minutes (2 weeks)
Ban reason: Spawned in as an ERT and decided to immediately just start shoving and tabling the commander. Was gibbed. Rather not waste time or the spawn on someone who wont take it seriously.
Time ban was placed: 2022-01-12 23:41:52
Server you were playing on when banned: Terry
Round ID in which ban was placed: 176489
Your side of the story: i shoved and tabled Commander Bob Stange (Iain0) after spawning in as an emergency squad medic, after which i got gibbed and bwoinked with "im not done with you either". After handling the rest of the squad he comes with "Just gonna give you a couple of weeks ban on ghost roles this time. Don't do stupid shit like that, I have better things to be doing.". (i will elaborate further on that in why i should be unbanned)
At this point i am severely confused. is he joking? Is he mad? couldn't tell you. we proceed to argue for 4 more minutes ("i dont have time"), during which following arguments fall from him:
"I am your commanding officer" (this is terry mind you)
"i dont want to waste my time on you if you cant play" (he made me unable to play in first place)
Why you think you should be unbanned: there is no Predecent about this, all 3 arguments are invalid. if he really did not have any time, he might as well not have bwoinked me. besides that, shoving and tabling your "commanding officer" was never bannable. not on the station and not on centcom.

Public Ticket: https://atlantaned.space/banbus/ticket/0f1ae6c7f3c7da3d
Part of this appeal was generated by Banbus 0.13.3
Timonk

Re: [Iain0] Timonk - "i dont have time for you" *proceeds to fill out an entire ban form*

Post by Timonk » #624603

also as a note: sentience potion spawn is not limited to admin stuff, xenobio can do that too
iain0
In-Game Admin Trainer
Byond Username: Iain0

Re: [Iain0] Timonk - "i dont have time for you" *proceeds to fill out an entire ban form*

Post by iain0 » #624613

It's a 92 threat round and it's gone to hell, I held out hope that the cult would summon and end it but the usual multi-way between team antags pretty much killed that from happening. About 30-40 people are dead and the shuttle call is the 25 minute slow variety. I'm busy trying to keep tabs on things and formulate a plan to return people to the round (even considered spiders, but it's just not going to get enough people playing consistently). I elected to end the round via nuclear device rather than wait out the 15-20 minutes for shuttle arrival, trip, dock, end round.

I also expect the first spawn, the yellow squad to fail, and plan to deal with that with escalating follow ups to cycle through players. I'm busy, I have a lot to do alone.

I spawn you in and you immediately shove, and table stun me, and start attacking. I gib you and get on with what I need to do while figuring out what to do with you.

You have a sentience potion / admin sentience balloon and deathsquad ban for two weeks. There maybe be 3 or 4 of such roles likely, tops, of which your odds of winning a roll are probably less than 25%. The actual punishment enacted here is pretty insignificant, you may miss one event as a result of messing around in one event.

Terry is LRP, not NRP, if you spawn in as a "centcom elite trained trooper" spawn, I expect you to act like one. If you're going to act like a greytide shitter, for want of a better description, then you should not be spawning into these roles. Also bear in mind your team went in without a medic because you wasted the spawn.

I also wanted to fill out the ban before I rolled the red ERT that I knew would have to follow the yellow team, the form isn't that long.

Given how poorly you played the opportunity given, and how unlikely the odds are of you even missing one further event, yet alone anything more than that, I think the punishment is fine. In future, if you are spawned in for a purpose by an admin, consider playing to that end, or not accepting the role.
Timonk

Post by Timonk » #624678

if you wanna come with the RP argument: you broke my immersion by gibbing me. you could have solved it with reprimanding me ICly.
iain0
In-Game Admin Trainer

Post by iain0 » #624693

Don't find the idea that nanotrasen has remote detonation loyalty implants inside their highly armed operatives to ensure compliance to be that unlike normal NT IC stuff. You're just metaing how I did that. Also there's presumably other staff monitoring things in centcom. Which there isn't in reality, but thats RP for you.

Frankly not even sure you know how to "play a role" yet alone "role play", given your behaviour during this event, as I asked you in the ticket and you didn't answer, because you have no answer, how does your behaviour make any sense? Even if I don't admin gib you, you're doing something for which you're practically guaranteed by NTs reputation to be executed for. Quality suicide roleplay.

Ultimately none of this is really about you, or me. My job there was to give them the nuke code and make sure at least one of them took a damn pinpointer before they all got to the station and realised they couldn't do their jobs (ERTs are kinda interesting how they play out), your job was to end the round, and you were granted an opportunity not to be a ghost.

The situation is about the state of the game, about my responsibility towards the 30-40 dead people who are bored and want the game to be over. About my responsibility to the antags and doing the best of the mess that I can not to just "deus ex machina" the whole thing and press "End Round", to give the dominant antag teams something to fight against rather than just ending things, and trying not to just steamroll em, because boy do antags get salty when you run em over with overpowered stuff.

Your involvement was a privilege granted to you, at the expense of another ghost, who might have actually played the role and had some fun. Instead that opportunity was wasted on you.

At no point does any of this, or the workload of an admin, enter your mind, all you care about is your right to be a shitter in an ERT, and I just don't care for that, so I swatted you out of my way and got on with what *I* needed to do for the greater good. Your personal idea of whats "funny" is really not interesting to me, you weren't spawned in to amuse yourself with a new life, you were spawned in to play a role and do a job. Either do it, or don't waste the spawn and deprive someone else of it.

Your ban is largely a joke, the chances are it will make zero difference to your play options, it's deliberately insignificant and largely inconsequential, and it'll be gone in two weeks. In some senses it may even be lighter than getting a note which I'd set a three month standard expiry on.

You've missed the point entirely, and are appealing something that's barely a ban seemingly on the grounds its okay to just screw around in admin events. And if you want to, we can go to policy over this. I've had more disruptive people spawn in before who literally murdered half the spawns and then suicided. If I'm expected to just put up with this garbage behaviour while I'm trying to organise something, I'd probably just do it a whole lot less. And I already prefer to keep my interventions to a minimum.

This isn't really much of an appeal, you just disagree with my opinion and choices, none of which have any real or lasting consequence for you anyway, you've not presented anything new, so unless you have anything you'd like to add that is relevant (given it's now probably too late to do the one thing I'd have reduced the ban for - seen beyond your own singular experience in this incident), I'll probably move this for closure and reject the appeal.
Timonk

Post by Timonk » #624702

Don't find the idea that nanotrasen has remote detonation loyalty implants inside their highly armed operatives to ensure compliance to be that unlike normal NT IC stuff. You're just metaing how I did that. Also there's presumably other staff monitoring things in centcom. Which there isn't in reality, but thats RP for you.
This was a standard Commander to ERT greeting, i dont know why you instantly gibbed me, its Nanotrasen practise. you see how it can go both ways?
Frankly not even sure you know how to "play a role" yet alone "role play", given your behaviour during this event, as I asked you in the ticket and you didn't answer, because you have no answer, how does your behaviour make any sense? Even if I don't admin gib you, you're doing something for which you're practically guaranteed by NTs reputation to be executed for. Quality suicide roleplay.
having played multiple rounds on manuel without getting banned, i think i know how to roleplay.
Your involvement was a privilege granted to you, at the expense of another ghost, who might have actually played the role and had some fun. Instead that opportunity was wasted on you.
youre acting like its my fault that you instantly went to gib me after my greeting, i would've resumed ERTing after that but you didnt give me the chance to move away
you weren't spawned in to amuse yourself with a new life, you were spawned in to play a role and do a job. Either do it, or don't waste the spawn and deprive someone else of it.
didnt know roles in a video game were a real job now where you cant have fun
Your ban is largely a joke, the chances are it will make zero difference to your play options, it's deliberately insignificant and largely inconsequential, and it'll be gone in two weeks. In some senses it may even be lighter than getting a note which I'd set a three month standard expiry on.
it can be held as "prior bad behaviour" against me in case i actually fuck up as a ghost role, to hand out a more severe ban.
And if you want to, we can go to policy over this.
you are asking me if we want to make a policy over if minor shenanigans in admin events should be bannable...
iain0
In-Game Admin Trainer

Post by iain0 » #624707

1) No, that's not how that works, nor is it standard.
2) Good job? Your behaviour here really doesn't reflect that. Like I say, quality suicide roleplay, you chose as an RP move to assault the commanding officer and get executed. Good one. See also the "My character is insane" no-no.
3) Don't need to give you the chance, your behaviour invites a reaction, you assaulted a superior officer as a military unit. How d'ya think that goes down IRL, yet alone in NT's insane world? Also bearing in mind I have no-one else who will come drag you off and execute you.
4) Job is just a word, read too much into it if you like. You had a purpose, objective, function, as did I and the reason I spawned things.
5) Which is why it's amusingly less of a punishment than a three month note ; by expired in two weeks I mean it expires, into the expired state, same as all the other expired things (I think), and are generally ignored. Also it should only really factor in to any similar future offenses ; i.e. if you annoy another admin during an admin spawned event. In which case why aren't you fair game for having that factored in?
6) Nah, not really, I'm saying I believe it's quite reasonable to get a minor slap, which is all this is, for screwing around in events, because overall it's just a detrimental behaviour, to this event, and to wanting to run events.

And still nothing about the bigger picture.
Timonk

Post by Timonk » #624711

See also the "My character is insane" no-no.
How d'ya think that goes down IRL, yet alone in NT's insane world?
And still nothing about the bigger picture.
there is no bigger picture. i have not created a cult of admin griefers, nor do i conspirate to crash every admin event.

the first 2 quotes are 1 argument, imagine a thin line between the first 2 quotes and the third one
iain0
In-Game Admin Trainer

Post by iain0 » #624716

Bigger picture means all the other players in the round, the state of the round, depriving someone else of the spawn. Literally anything beyond yourself.

Anyway, this is not particularly moving forward any more so I will reject the appeal and close this out. Thanks.
Timonk

Post by Timonk » #624726

iprice wrote: Thu Jan 13, 2022 5:12 pm Bigger picture means all the other players in the round, the state of the round, depriving someone else of the spawn. Literally anything beyond yourself.
the bigger picture is i did not intend on dying
Timonk

Post by Timonk » #624745

i would like an official headmin ruling partly because he handled his own situation and partly because of my ban
Timonk

Post by Timonk » #625274

Someone deleted a goof post where he basically said that Iain might have already been moving to gib me when he got shoved on the table, i want the headmins to consider and evaluate that, because i genuinely didn't understand what he meant from the logs he posted
iain0
In-Game Admin Trainer

Post by iain0 » #625716

Possibly shift right clicked you some time after the shove (not like I was expecting such behaviour, didn't even arm my character) with an intent towards player panel. The actual gibbing part is then just "click smite, press G <enter>", and takes about half to one second to execute from there.

Time from first shove to gibbing is about 5.5 seconds. I ain't that slow :)
tattle
In-Game Head Admin
Byond Username: Dragomagol

Post by tattle » #626733

Low RP is not No RP. The bare minimum you're expected to do as an ERT is to listen to your commanding officer. A two week deathsquad ban is not unreasonable here given the circumstances.

Your entire stint as an ERT member, with game and attack logs from just you and Iain0:

Code: Select all

[2022-01-12 23:39:31.457] ACCESS: Mob Login: Timonk/(Prof. Kobe Catster) was assigned to a /mob/living/carbon/human
[2022-01-12 23:39:31.471] GAME: Timonk/(Prof. Kobe Catster) Client Timonk/(Prof. Kobe Catster) has taken ownership of mob Prof. Kobe Catster(/mob/living/carbon/human) (CentCom Briefing Room (148,74,1))
[2022-01-12 23:39:31.480] GAME: Timonk/(Prof. Kobe Catster) Prof. Kobe Catster name changed from Prof. Kobe Catster to Medical Officer Yeskey (CentCom Briefing Room (148,74,1))
[2022-01-12 23:39:31.525] GAME: Timonk/(Medical Officer Yeskey) has gained antag datum Emergency Response Officer(/datum/antagonist/ert/medic)
[2022-01-12 23:39:31.526] GAME: Timonk/(Medical Officer Yeskey) has been selected as an Emergency Response Officer
[2022-01-12 23:39:40.582] SAY: Iain0/(Bob Stange) has requested the nuclear codes from CentCom with reason "" (CentCom Transport Shuttle Dock (138,87,1))
[2022-01-12 23:39:44.059] SAY: Timonk/(Medical Officer Yeskey) "WANAN CROSS BEAMS??" (CentCom Briefing Room (149,78,1))
[2022-01-12 23:39:55.833] SAY: Iain0/(Bob Stange) "greetings" (CentCom Briefing Room (147,78,1))
[2022-01-12 23:40:03.478] SAY: Iain0/(Bob Stange) "grab yourself a pinpointer" (CentCom Briefing Room (147,78,1))
[2022-01-12 23:40:04.195] ATTACK: [wooden table] has shoved Iain0/(Bob Stange) with onto the wooden table (table) (NEWHP: 100)  (CentCom Briefing Room (142,78,1))
[2022-01-12 23:40:05.201] ATTACK: Timonk/(Medical Officer Yeskey) has kicks Iain0/(Bob Stange) with onto their side (paralyzing) (NEWHP: 100)  (CentCom Briefing Room (143,78,1))
[2022-01-12 23:40:05.201] ATTACK: Timonk/(Medical Officer Yeskey) has shoved Iain0/(Bob Stange) with knocking them down (NEWHP: 100)  (CentCom Briefing Room (143,78,1))
[2022-01-12 23:40:06.206] ATTACK: Timonk/(Medical Officer Yeskey) has grabbed Iain0/(Bob Stange) passive grab (NEWHP: 100)  (CentCom Briefing Room (143,78,1))
[2022-01-12 23:40:07.890] ATTACK: Timonk/(Medical Officer Yeskey) has grabbed Iain0/(Bob Stange) passive grab (NEWHP: 100)  (CentCom Briefing Room (143,78,1))
[2022-01-12 23:40:08.900] ATTACK: Timonk/(Medical Officer Yeskey) has grabbed Iain0/(Bob Stange) aggressive grab (NEWHP: 100)  (CentCom Briefing Room (143,78,1))
[2022-01-12 23:40:09.851] ATTACK: Timonk/(Medical Officer Yeskey) has tabled Iain0/(Bob Stange) onto the wooden table (NEWHP: 90)  (CentCom Briefing Room (143,78,1))
[2022-01-12 23:40:10.227] ATTACK: Timonk/(Medical Officer Yeskey) has kicked Iain0/(Bob Stange) (NEWHP: 84.9)  (CentCom Briefing Room (143,78,1))
[2022-01-12 23:40:10.958] ADMIN: Iain0/(Bob Stange) punished Timonk/(Medical Officer Yeskey) with Gib.
[2022-01-12 23:40:10.961] ATTACK: Timonk/(Medical Officer Yeskey) has died (BRUTE: 0, BURN: 0, TOX: 0, OXY: 0, CLONE: 0) (CentCom Briefing Room (144,78,1))
https://tgstation13.org/parsed-logs/ter ... nd-176489/

Headmin Votes:
Dragomagol: Uphold
NamelessFairy: Uphold
RaveRadbury: Uphold
Help improve my neural network by giving me feedback!

Spoiler: