[O0cyann0o] ATHATH - Banned for creating a chemical phylactery

Post by ATHATH » #624755

BYOND account: ATHATH
Character name: Red Giant
Ban type: Server
Ban length: Permanent
Ban reason:
► Show Spoiler
Time ban was placed: 12/04/2021 (over a month ago)
Server you were playing on when banned: Manuel
Round ID in which ban was placed: Incident occurred in round 174158, ban was applied in 174171.
Your side of the story: I like the ethereal self-revival ability, and it's gotten me out of multiple jams before. Many people know how to play around it nowadays, though, so I started looking into builds or interactions that would make my self-revival less likely to interrupted. I settled upon the eigenstasium chemical, which, if pure enough, will teleport you back to where it was made when it enters your system (and will teleport you back to where you took it when it leaves your system if you don't have stabilizing agent in your system). Chemical implants (which are implants designed for the remote administration of knockout or execution chems to paroled prisoners) have a side effect of automatically dumping all of their chems into their host upon their death. By putting eigenstasium into a chemical implant, I could rely on this side effect to administer a dose of eigenstasium (and stabilizing agent) to my body upon my death, recalling my ethereal corpse to a safe location for crystallization.

I learned how to create pure eigenstasium to accomplish this, but there was a problem: I had failed to account for eigenstasium's first recall effect being ingest-only, meaning the entire plan wouldn't work. However, this ingest-only restriction was implemented a bit oddly- it used a flag that was set to true upon the chemical being ingested, which was then checked in a code segment that would be run slightly later. Thus, as long as a given sample of eigenstasium had been ingested at some point, it would teleport you upon being added to your system. After performing some testing as Jack Jackson, I resolved to execute my plan as Red Giant:
1. Forge a sample of pure eigenstasium in a safe location, then insert it into a pill.
2. Ritually sacrifice a monkey.
3. Feed the pill of eigenstasium to the monkey's corpse.
4. Rip out the guts of this monkey and grind them into an elixir.
5. Add stabilizing agent to that elixir, then put it in a subdermal chemical implant and inject myself with it.

As I was forming this plan, I recognized that performing this setup was technically the usage of an exploit and that its end result would be pretty similar to something else I had been banned for in the past (viewtopic.php?p=618377#p618377), but it was also metal as hell, so I did it anyway.

After some fussing in Medbay, I executed my plan as Red Giant during a greenshift and, as my character, gloated about my "immortality" over comms. It should be noted that I was not truly immortal- while I would be whisked away to an undisclosed location immediately after my death, my immortality, unlike my immortality as a lich wizard with an embedded phylactery, had weaknesses in addition to the time required for each resurrection: nonlethal methods of subdual, cremation, limited supplies of the elixir and chemical implants, TRAC ammo, the permanent brain trauma added by each death, devastating explosions (although I was wearing swat armor to force bombers to at least bomb me twice), etc. I was no more immortal than, say, a slimeperson with a teleporter would be, and each death would impede me, unlike someone with, say, godmode, who couldn't die at all.

Sadly, the setup only saved me once (from a lone op), and I ended up dying to a nuclear blast after being revived anyway.
► Show Spoiler
I had hoped to retry the setup in another round with a bit more action in it before reporting it and then never touching it again, but I was nudged into disclosing my methods and reporting it before then by some people on Manuelcord. Cyan was informed by said people on Manuelcord that I had used an exploit to cheat death yet again, and banned me.

Why you think you should be unbanned: It's been a month, which I think is a long enough punishment and enough time for me to cool off. I missed 2021's Christmas rounds, and more importantly, I haven't been able to be in a modsuit round yet.

Also, I don't really want to code much for the game without playing it, as the longer I go without having actually played the game, the more out of touch I'll be with the actual current state of the game.
References of good conduct: I was gonna get into /tg/mc, but then I got into GBA Fire Emblem (and a vacation to Hawaii) instead.
Anything else we should know: This round also earned me a 2 week secban over an incident with Cydia that occurred in it, which I am NOT contesting here. Don't double jeopardy me over that shit.
cSeal
Byond Username: O0cyann0o

Re: [O0cyann0o] ATHATH - Banned for creating a chemical phylactery

Post by cSeal » #624765

Appeal denied.
before this ban, you were told you'd be permad if you continued to abuse exploits. you did it again, anyways, so you got permad. you didnt even state in this appeal that you would stop doing it if you were unbanned. this isn't about fair punishment lengths for the specific incident, it's about the fact that you continually prove that you cannot play on this server without repeating these patterns.
come back in a year with a voucher from another server and ill happily lift this ban.
feel free to ask for the headmins to chime in on this.
► Show Spoiler