Post by DanT2127 » #625970

BYOND account: DanT2127
Character name: I don't remember
Ban type: Server
Ban length: Permanent
Ban reason: https://imgur.com/a/OBd8V7p
Time ban was placed: 2019-06-29 01:44:52
Server you were playing on when banned: Event Hall US
Round ID in which ban was placed: 111849 (though it was meant for the round 111828)
Your side of the story: I was being a dick, not following my role's rules just because I was sure the other person was an antag. And tbf as I remember the explosion was their own bomb (I think X4) they placed on the door. Not that this changes much but thought id mention.
Why you think you should be unbanned: It was a long time ago. Its been 1.5 years since the ban. I changed. I was still fresh out of the Sseth video that came out about the game and seeing the crazy stuff that was possible and wanted those kind of adventures too, so I would create conflict or not follow rules to create more chaos. I was already banned on some servers and TG was one of the few I had left at the time, and after being banned I completely stopped playing for a few months since I didn't know where else to go. Eventually I started going back to SS13 and playing on other servers. Since then I played the game a lot and I managed to stay out of trouble, Bee being my go-to server since it has high pop most of the time. I feel like the way I was playing 1.5 years ago doesn't reflect how I play now, and promise to abide by the rules and not act like a dick and always ask the admins if unsure of any action that could potentially break the rules.
References of good conduct: I played on Bee Station Sage for quite a while lately without any problems.
Anything else we should know: Not important but I don't know what they mean by "talks like a 12 year old". I don't speak English natively and I don't really use apostrophes in order to type fast. Also just because I use words like "yo" or "bro" or I'm not formal it doesn't mean that either. I don't remember exactly how I was talking on the server at the time but if that exists as a note I would like it removed from the notes since I feel a bit insulted.
Mothblocks
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Jaredfogle

Re: [Nervere] DanT2127 - Ban Appeal

Post by Mothblocks » #625971

Nervere is no longer an admin, so I'll take this on.

Your BeeStation history isn't perfect, but your last ban there seems to be from late 2020, so I can shrug it off.

I can definitely believe the story of new Sseth player fucking around and whatnot, so I'll lift this ban in, let's say a day-ish, barring any surprise information from other admins who might have known you for doing some wacky thing that isn't on your note history.
Shaps-cloud wrote: Mon Dec 07, 2020 7:59 am May eventually become one of the illusive maintainer-headmins if they choose to pursue that path, having a coder in the senior admin leadership has usually been positive for both sides in the past.
Head Coder of /tg/station, hi!

Head Admin of /tg/station Feb 2022.

Mothblocks everywhere, >>> Say nice things about me <<<
DanT2127

Post by DanT2127 » #625973

Thank you very much for understanding. I promise I will be on good behaviour.
DanT2127

Post by DanT2127 » #625975

Only now that you reminded me of 2020 I realised its 2022 so it was actually 2.5 years. I don't know why I thought it went from 2019 to 2021 and skipped 2020 in my counting. I guess 2020 was bad and 2021 felt like an extension to it and not a new year. Just thought id correct it now to not look stupid :)
Mothblocks
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Jaredfogle

Post by Mothblocks » #626514

My bad, I left this on the backburner. You'll be unbanned in a few minutes.
Shaps-cloud wrote: Mon Dec 07, 2020 7:59 am May eventually become one of the illusive maintainer-headmins if they choose to pursue that path, having a coder in the senior admin leadership has usually been positive for both sides in the past.
Head Coder of /tg/station, hi!

Head Admin of /tg/station Feb 2022.

Mothblocks everywhere, >>> Say nice things about me <<<