Post by serbgaming » #626038

BYOND account: SerbSlava/XxJohnMadden420xX

Character name: N/A

Ban type: Server

Ban length: Permanent

Ban reason: Alt of SerbSlava

Time ban was placed: 2022-01-18 21:03:21

Round ID in which ban was placed: 176837

Your side of the story: SerbSlava is my new main account, but XxJohnMadden420xX was my OLD main account. I took a break from SS13 for around a year and when I came back I made a new account due to thinking my old account had an extremely stupid name. I kept forgetting to ahelp that I swapped accounts, which was a major mistake on my part.

Why you think you should be unbanned: I am not a troublemaker in my opinion, I'm just really braindead sometimes and make impulsive choices, which I am working on improving. When I made SerbSlava I never intended to touch XxJohnMadden420xX again, and still do not intend to. I made a massive mistake by forgetting to inform anyone, and I promise it won't be an issue again.
Vekter
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Vekter

Re: [Vekter] XxJohnMadden420xX - Mistake on my end

Post by Vekter » #626061

Thanks for appealing.

I will not be lifting this ban. It's common practice for us to ask users to only use one account if they change for some reason. As you intend on using SerbSlava from now on, there's no reason for me to lift this.

You're currently banned on that key by Mindstormy for "Releasing a death virus as a non antag then leaving the round." You need to appeal that ban before you can be allowed back.

Even if the ban on SerbSlava is lifted, this key will remain banned to prevent multikeying issues.
AliasTakuto wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:11 pm As for the ear replacing stuff, you can ask Anne but I don't think this is what I was banned for. If I was all I can say is "Sorry for being hilarious"...
Omega_DarkPotato wrote:This sucks, dude.
Spoiler:
Reply PM from-REDACTED/(REDACTED): i tried to remove the bruises by changing her gender

PM: Bluespace->Delaron: Nobody wants a mime's asscheeks farting on their brig windows.

PM: REDACTED->HotelBravoLima: Oh come on, knowing that these are hostile aliens is metagaming

[17:43] <Aranclanos> any other question ping me again
[17:43] <Vekter> Aranclanos for nicest coder 2015
[17:44] <Aranclanos> fuck you
serbgaming
Byond Username: SerbSlava

Post by serbgaming » #626063

I'm not going to appeal the other ban, I would just like to know how long it is. Is there any way to get the information on it other than trying to connect? It just shows that my old account is banned, it doesn't show any information on my other ban.
Vekter
In-Game Admin

Post by Vekter » #626066

The other ban is permanent. You will need to successfully appeal it if you wish to play here again.

I would recommend that you do as situations like these are often not actually permanent and can be talked out to reduce the ban significantly.
AliasTakuto wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:11 pm As for the ear replacing stuff, you can ask Anne but I don't think this is what I was banned for. If I was all I can say is "Sorry for being hilarious"...
Spoiler:
Reply PM from-REDACTED/(REDACTED): i tried to remove the bruises by changing her gender

PM: Bluespace->Delaron: Nobody wants a mime's asscheeks farting on their brig windows.

PM: REDACTED->HotelBravoLima: Oh come on, knowing that these are hostile aliens is metagaming

Pandarsenic
Byond Username: Pandarsenic

Post by Pandarsenic » #626079

More specifically, almost any time you do something worthy of a tempban, but disconnect before it can be addressed, you will receive a permaban to force you to address it in the forums with an appeal so bringing it up can't be avoided.
Vekter
In-Game Admin

Post by Vekter » #626095

Pandarsenic wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 4:22 am More specifically, almost any time you do something worthy of a tempban, but disconnect before it can be addressed, you will receive a permaban to force you to address it in the forums with an appeal so bringing it up can't be avoided.
We don't do this very often anymore since the messages function exists now, but if you do some form of significant grief before bailing when an admin talks to you, you're probably gonna cop a perma since it makes it look like you're just here to grief.
Spoiler: