DolphinE
Byond Username: DolphinE

[Vekter] DolphinE - Response to metagrudge kill without active admins

Post by DolphinE » #626376

BYOND account: DolphinE
Character name: Marion Mayar
Ban type: Server ban
Ban length: 2 days
Ban reason: "Killed another revolutionary because he was killed by them few round ago for silly IC reasons. Admins not handling your issue in previous rounds doesn't give you carte blance to kill someone in a new round"
Time ban was placed: 17:43:50
Server you were playing on when banned: Terry
Round ID in which ban was placed: 176951

Your side of the story: 2 rounds before i was banned - round 176945, i entered the shift as engi and managed to get BYOS purchased. I brought mats i collected before to shuttle and started to build it. Another engi, Goldenbar, started to shit on engi comms that all mats are taken, i told him that i took em and planning to build a shuttle. This talk happend:

Our hero spraycans me into face and walks away. I decide to ignore it and go to shuttle.
After several minutes he comes to shuttle ands starts to shit again that i took all mats i should give him byos - "things you build is always an ugly shit". I point to duffel with mats, telling him that he is free to do whatever, and continue bulding.
Instead of taking mats and building something he takes welder and attacks me until crit. I am not retaliating. He drags me to med, and some time after that i am roundremoved by med bombing.
Lets just look what our hero made to the roundend:

What a beauty. Thats why people really like BYOS shuttles. I guess thats what costs my life.

After what happened i wrote 2 ahelps, one of them with admin notification. They were ignored. No admins online.

Two rounds later (round 176951).
As an admin decided to note, its a rev round, but in my opinion its not important - revs had overwhelming win several minutes after what happend later on shuttle.

Me and him are engis again and i am again managed to purchase byos. I took mats (even left some near him when he started to shit in comms again) and went to shuttle.
Now i know what i can expect from him, took the stunprod i found in halls, and told him this:
Some time passed, 1 room finished. But warning was ignored, and he enters the shuttle, dragging a generator.
Without any talking i am using my stunprod and weld him to death. He understands whats going on, but even then his arrogance has not left him:
I am dragging him to airlock - and suddenly admin decides to appear, and threatining me that if i will not stop i will be fucked. I stop and responding him In details.
Vekter says that anything that happend before is not important, and gives me a ban. Ban lenth is not important - it feels unfair.

Why you think you should be unbanned:
I am a simple guy. I dont provoke people and usually focused on one thing i do entire round - healing people in med, building something as engi or traitoring.
Whatever the rules say (not gonna read them - too long, and usually just being humane worked...at least for 500 rounds) situation is unfair.

Lets summarize:
- I was killed when I showed good intentions - because my shuttles and everything else i build "is shit" (good reason, and not a metagrudge i guess, admime said its not important).
- After 2 ignored ahelps I - after warning him, to me this is important - simply mirrored all he did to me.
- I am banned by suddenly appeared defender of the oppressed, and opressed went away with clean fucking hands.
- Lets admit it - he is a rude bitch. Dont argue with this paragraph without checking logs.

References of good conduct: I think i am an okayish player, who >makes good shuttles (if i am not dead enough to not build it),
i am trying to act like a good person in general. I am not having fun from metagrudging. If i properly got the point of this paragraph.

Anything else we should know: Not important part, feel free to skip it - usually the shuttle this guy makes looks like a giant empty room with radioactive HFR/SM/Smoke Machine/<insert something similar here>. He is one of the reasons people are mad on BYOS in general on Terry. And i was killed by that person, who started all this.
Last edited by DolphinE on Thu Jan 20, 2022 10:28 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Vekter
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Vekter

Re: [Vekter] DolphinE - Response to metagrudge kill without active admins

Post by Vekter » #626386

Okay so basically, you're trying to justify violating rule 2 by saying "There weren't any admins on, so I get to dispense punishment". If you had done this in the round in which it happened, that would have been fine. Things escalated in an organic manner (though I'll admit that the player in question over-escalated somewhat) and it would have been justified to kill him back in retaliation. Instead, you waited two rounds to kill him. This is textbook metagrudging and has always been bannable.

You're constantly sticking on this idea that he deserved it for critting you and taking you to medical (NOTE: This is different than killing you) and that you should be the only one in the round building the BYOS because you don't like how he builds them.

I'm not lifting this. The fact that you keep trying to justify your actions that very clearly broke the rules shows me you haven't learned anything.
Whatever the rules say (not gonna read them - too long, and usually just being humane worked...at least for 500 rounds) situation is unfair.
This alone should be justification for me to ban you until you've read them, but I'm not a giant asshole, so I won't. Take this time to calm down and make sure you understand the rules before you come back.

E: Oh, and the guy you killed was also a rev, so you also killed a teammate. Which is why you got the five day team antag ban.
AliasTakuto wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:11 pm As for the ear replacing stuff, you can ask Anne but I don't think this is what I was banned for. If I was all I can say is "Sorry for being hilarious"...
Omega_DarkPotato wrote:This sucks, dude.
Spoiler:
Reply PM from-REDACTED/(REDACTED): i tried to remove the bruises by changing her gender

PM: Bluespace->Delaron: Nobody wants a mime's asscheeks farting on their brig windows.

PM: REDACTED->HotelBravoLima: Oh come on, knowing that these are hostile aliens is metagaming

[17:43] <Aranclanos> any other question ping me again
[17:43] <Vekter> Aranclanos for nicest coder 2015
[17:44] <Aranclanos> fuck you
DolphinE

Post by DolphinE » #626390

Vekter wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 9:15 pm Instead, you waited two rounds to kill him.
This is false. I warned him that shouldnt appear on shuttle. How bit "meta" this is - let the philosophers deicde it. Meta imformation is everywhere, and my choice was peaceful.
The point of whole my appeal - what he did in the very start was a moment of your beloved metagrudge, and not "a silly IC thing".
and that you should be the only one in the round building the BYOS because you don't like how he builds them
This is false too. I wasnt against him participating in shuttle building - before he killed me - because he didnt like how i build them.
This alone should be justification for me to ban you until you've read them, but I'm not a giant asshole, so I won't. Take this time to calm down and make sure you understand the rules before you come back.
Wow, something understandable and humane from you.
E: Oh, and the guy you killed was also a rev, so you also killed a teammate. Which is why you got the five day team antag ban.
Oh, i was wrong. That i saw something humane. There was 0 impact on revolution from that kill. As i said, its ended several minutes after i killed him.
Last edited by DolphinE on Thu Jan 20, 2022 9:45 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Vekter
In-Game Admin

Post by Vekter » #626391

DolphinE wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 9:23 pm
Vekter wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 9:15 pm Instead, you waited two rounds to kill him.
This is false. I warned him that shouldnt appear on shuttle. How bit "meta" this is - let the philosophers deicde it. Meta imformation is everywhere, and my choice was peaceful.
The point of whole my appeal - what he did in the very start was a moment of your beloved metagrudge, and not "a silly IC thing".
Your explicit reasoning behind killing him was:

1) He killed you in a previous round
2) He builds BYOS the way you do not and you dislike this

Your character has no way of knowing either of these things, and even if they did, killing someone for being in a public place you don't want them in is very much not valid escalation.

Plus, again, you killed a fellow antagonist. Also against the rules.

E: I spoke with a few of the other admins and we agreed that this shouldn't count as you killing another rev, as the revolution had ended at that point. I'm going to go ahead and lift the team antag bans and modify the note.
AliasTakuto wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:11 pm As for the ear replacing stuff, you can ask Anne but I don't think this is what I was banned for. If I was all I can say is "Sorry for being hilarious"...
Spoiler:
Reply PM from-REDACTED/(REDACTED): i tried to remove the bruises by changing her gender

PM: Bluespace->Delaron: Nobody wants a mime's asscheeks farting on their brig windows.

PM: REDACTED->HotelBravoLima: Oh come on, knowing that these are hostile aliens is metagaming

Likteer
Byond Username: Likteer

Post by Likteer » #626565

I never made a HFR shuttle. I never made an sm shuttle.

I am attempting to make a smoke machine shuttle for a while now.
Burning thermite makes for cosmetic fires, which are physically indestructible and visually appealing walls. They persist as long as the thermite is replenished via the smoke machine. 1 sided windows prevent the smoke from going into the rest of the shuttle.

Keep in mind, I don't force this project onto others each shift, just when neither my brain nor nobody else shows up with a good idea.

Taking all the materials in engineering shiftstart for some project, abandoning it, turning to the shuttle and filling it with rows by rows of walls didn't really sit right with me. Same as double pinging me after the ticket with "fuck you" and a link to this thread.

Moving on to the round you grudge-killed me: I don't recall hearing that warning. The minigen was for 2 floodlights, so you wouldn't have to put fixtures everywhere. What you tried to build seemed plausible though.
Shame about the angry orange :D
DolphinE

Post by DolphinE » #626583

The ritual exchange of words? Sure, i can participate in that.
I never made a HFR shuttle. I never made an sm shuttle.
This is unverifiable by all tools i know. And I have different memories.
Burning thermite makes for cosmetic fires, which are physically indestructible and visually appealing walls.
They persist as long as the thermite is replenished via the smoke machine.
1 sided windows prevent the smoke from going into the rest of the shuttle.
Keep in mind, I don't force this project onto others each shift, just when neither my brain nor nobody else shows up with a good idea.
This is a 'very cool' information, but we have a problem
Taking all the materials in engineering shiftstart for some project,
abandoning it, turning to the shuttle and filling it with rows by rows of walls
didn't really sit right with me. Same as double pinging me after the ticket with "fuck you" and a link to this thread.

I thought scrubby is available for everyone, but apparently i was wrong. Or no, i dont know how to comment this.
Or you making up lies right while writing this.
I had no other projects. I never mentioned that i had other projects than BYOS.
When i am ordering BYOS i am spending whole my time to build it.
I took mats to build shuttle.
I was the one who asked CE to buy it.
filling it with rows by rows of walls
I am so, so bad. Sorry, i will never make rooms on shuttle anymore, as i did before thousands of times. (no)
Same as double pinging me after the ticket with "fuck you" and a link to this thread.
First ping after you welded me and no admins responded, to talk. Second ping, several hours later, after appeal was finished, to show you what i think about you.
Whats wrong?
Moving on to the round you grudge-killed me: I don't recall hearing that warning.
This is again unverifiable. Empty words.
And let me rephrase you "Moving on to the round you killed me after warning, after I killed you for metagrudge reason"
Shame about the angry orange :D
A pun from you? I dont care. And you somehow managed to spill your arrogance even here.

Zero words about you critting me. Kinda weak.

You should not have a useless remark.
You should be banned. In the worst case, banned with me.
Sadly admins considered what you did a "silly IC thing" and "a small over-escalation" and they are stadning on your side. Not much i can do with their position.
Feel free to not appear in this thread anymore, i said all i needed, and i know how to deflect eveything you can say.
Likteer
Byond Username: Likteer

Post by Likteer » #626589

I care not if something is "unverifiable". You accuse me of making grief shuttles based on the knowledge that grief shuttles have been made on /tg/ before.
You do not want to believe anything I do is in good faith.
And you are the one on trial, I came here from a ping. Please let it go friend.
Vekter
In-Game Admin

Post by Vekter » #626590

I'm locking this at this point. I'm going to assume that DolphinE wants a headmin response and there's zero reason for you two to be bitch fighting in this thread.

E: Dolphin actually said in Discord that he does not want a Headmin review, so I'm shuffling this along.
Spoiler: