Sparkezel
Byond Username: SparkezelPL

[Naloac] SparkezelPL - GIF retardation incident

Post by Sparkezel » #627007

BYOND account: SparkezelPL
Character name: Mandela Czar
Ban type: Server
Ban length: Permanent
Ban reason: After posting leaked ASAY log, when asked who leaked it, posted two gifs implying it was two uninvolved admins. Which might've been believed had we not figured out who it was.
Time ban was placed: 2021-6-18 22:28:09
Server you were playing on when banned: Wasn't playing
Round ID in which ban was placed: 164368
Your side of the story: We were talking in an unrelated discord about how I could be a good admin and I got an asay screencap from a friend stating that I would be a good one. So I thought that I could just post it and nobody would care about it, however one of the users there who also happened to be an admin on tg started asking me who sent it to me so I wanted to respond with a trollface gif, however because it was loading too slowly I just picked the first gifs that loaded. Those happened to be a spinning pepsi can, sandwich and fries, which have been correlated by the admins to be pepsiman and burgerman, what wasn't intended by me.
Why you think you should be unbanned: The whole situation was a huge mess with misunderstandings and poor communication, which I started and because of that I'm sincerly sorry towards joooks, burger, pepsiman and other users. I'd like a second chance if possible
References of good conduct: I contributed a bit to Jackrips new server, added some assets to a friends byond project, but besides that I wasn't really doing anything with ss13 community or byond as I focused most of that time on myself, like drawing and programming.
Timberpoes
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Timberpoes

Re: [Naloac] SparkezelPL - GIF retardation incident

Post by Timberpoes » #627018

Naloac has since stood down from the admin team, so I'll pick this up in their place.

You gave an explanation that's so utterly stupid that I just want to believe it's true.

In addition, you have actually apologised to those involved which is actually pretty cool. Considering this all happened outside of the game that's about as much as you can do since you weren't banned for in-game conduct.

That aside, I'll do a bit of personal due diligence and check in with the with the Grand Powers That Do Be Like That (also known as Adminbus) to see what the consensus/view on unbanning you is.
/tg/station Codebase Maintainer
/tg/station Game Master/Discord Jannie: Feed me back in my thread.
/tg/station Admin Trainer: Service guarantees citizenship. Would you like to know more?
Feb 2022-Sep 2022 Host Vote Headmin
Mar 2023-Sep 2023 Admin Vote Headmin
Timberpoes
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Timberpoes

Re: [Naloac] SparkezelPL - GIF retardation incident

Post by Timberpoes » #627020

A quick check-in with Adminbus and a couple of admins have agreed with my assessment that there doesn't appear to be any reason to keep you banned.

More importantly, nobody immediately dove in to disagree and say you should stay banned.

So, welcome back to the servers! I logged on to Manuel to unban you because I'm a big meanie.

I can't remember if we cache bans or not. As a result, you may need to wait for the shifts from other servers to end and the servers to restart before you can log into anything that isn't Manuel.
/tg/station Codebase Maintainer
/tg/station Game Master/Discord Jannie: Feed me back in my thread.
/tg/station Admin Trainer: Service guarantees citizenship. Would you like to know more?
Feb 2022-Sep 2022 Host Vote Headmin
Mar 2023-Sep 2023 Admin Vote Headmin