Appeals which have been closed.
toemas
Byond Username: Realthoman_

[thatengineer] fireaxe electric boogaloo

Post by toemas » #640723

BYOND account: Realthoman_
Character name: Phillip Thomas
Ban type: Note
Ban reason: Was attacked by an engineer with a fire axe twice wordlessly for breaking into tech storage. They took the axe from the engineer, killed them with it and spaced them. Next time follow escalation rules and take them to medical when you defeat them, if they were to attack again after that point and you win, then you get to space them at that point.
Time ban was placed: 5-12-22
Server you were playing on when banned: Sybil
Round ID in which ban was placed: 183055
Your side of the story: A guy walked up to me and started stabbing me with a fireaxe. i left. then, later, he came back and started fireaxing again. so i killed him then i threw him out an airlock. then i got noted.(he did not say a single word to me during this entire interaction)
Why you think you should be unbanned: the dude tried to murder me on two occasions, round removal is justified. dude took the fireaxe from atmos roundstart and then ran around looking for valids, then he got owned
ThatEngineer
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: That Engineer

Re: [thatengineer] fireaxe electric boogaloo

Post by ThatEngineer » #640725

Sorry to take so long to respond, but since the logs aren't working (as of now) I can't exactly check or verify the events that occurred. So I will be asking this, why did you choose to space them instead of any other option, such as taking their body to security, or cuffing them and dragging their body to medical?
toemas

Post by toemas » #640738

ThatEngineer wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 2:22 am Sorry to take so long to respond, but since the logs aren't working (as of now) I can't exactly check or verify the events that occurred. So I will be asking this, why did you choose to space them instead of any other option, such as taking their body to security, or cuffing them and dragging their body to medical?
Because they tried to murder me with a fireaxe on two occasions, i didnt, and still dont, see any reason why they should be revived? why would i revive him? so he can keep trying to murder people?

"Non-antags acting like an antag can be treated as an antag."

if the dude simply asked me "hey why are you breaking into tech storage" or "stop" instead of wordlessly trying to turn me into a shishkebab with a fireaxe(roleplaying game incase anyone forgot), then im sure the conflict would have ended differently, i had no idea if he was even attacking me over the break-in because he didnt speak to me once
Mothblocks
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Jaredfogle

Post by Mothblocks » #640816

Because they tried to murder me with a fireaxe on two occasions, i didnt, and still dont, see any reason why they should be revived?
Can you elaborate on that? What were the two occasions they attacked you? The note mentions one as tech storage, is there another?
Shaps-cloud wrote: Mon Dec 07, 2020 7:59 am May eventually become one of the illusive maintainer-headmins if they choose to pursue that path, having a coder in the senior admin leadership has usually been positive for both sides in the past.
Head Coder of /tg/station, hi!

Head Admin of /tg/station Feb 2022.

Mothblocks everywhere, >>> Say nice things about me <<<
Pandarsenic
Byond Username: Pandarsenic

Post by Pandarsenic » #640826

Mothblocks wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 6:10 pm
Because they tried to murder me with a fireaxe on two occasions, i didnt, and still dont, see any reason why they should be revived?
Can you elaborate on that? What were the two occasions they attacked you? The note mentions one as tech storage, is there another?
The note states, more specifically, two attacks at separate times over the same incident, apparently, but it doesn't actually say that either incident occurs at tech storage.
Ban reason: Was attacked by an engineer with a fire axe twice wordlessly for breaking into tech storage. They took the axe from the engineer, killed them with it and spaced them. Next time follow escalation rules and take them to medical when you defeat them, if they were to attack again after that point and you win, then you get to space them at that point.
These attacks occurred at 12:19:38 in Fore Starboard Maintenance, then after they disengaged briefly and Phillip Thomas sought medical treatment, in Starboard Primary Hallway at 12:20:36, then what appears to be an extended pursuit.

Logs:
► Show Spoiler
Last edited by Pandarsenic on Fri May 13, 2022 7:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mothblocks
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Jaredfogle

Post by Mothblocks » #640827

Yeah, that's what I'm confused on, apologies for the clarity
Shaps-cloud wrote: Mon Dec 07, 2020 7:59 am May eventually become one of the illusive maintainer-headmins if they choose to pursue that path, having a coder in the senior admin leadership has usually been positive for both sides in the past.
Head Coder of /tg/station, hi!

Head Admin of /tg/station Feb 2022.

Mothblocks everywhere, >>> Say nice things about me <<<
Pandarsenic
Byond Username: Pandarsenic

Post by Pandarsenic » #640829

Mothblocks wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 7:57 pm Yeah, that's what I'm confused on, apologies for the clarity
Pulled logs from scrubby and added to the above post; the attack(s) appear to span roughly 3-4 minutes with brief breaks in contact.
toemas

Post by toemas » #640879

Mothblocks wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 6:10 pm
the first incident occurred in maintenance behind tech storage. the second incident occured when i bumped into him again in the halls near tech storage
toemas

Post by toemas » #641682

hello
ThatEngineer
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: That Engineer

Post by ThatEngineer » #641789

Hey, my apologies on the delay about dealing with this. I would have to say it was fair for you to kill the guy, since he did not speak even once about what was the issue before attacking, thus he would reasonably be seen as an antag in the moment from that perspective. While I disagree with spacing the body, it is not exactly unreasonable of an action to take in response to a perceived antag. So this note will be removed.
toemas

Post by toemas » #641794

thanks