supergrog
Byond Username: Supergrog

[Iain0] - supergrog

Post by supergrog » #641405

BYOND account: Supergrog
Character name: Jimmy Jimmy
Ban type: Server
Ban length: Permanent
Ban reason: Non antag welderbombed hopline as suicide and killed someone else. Disconnected during ahelp.
Time ban was placed: 2022-03-02 20:45:57
Server you were playing on when banned: Terry
Round ID in which ban was placed: 179314
Your side of the story: Ive written the details in my previous appeal
Why you think you should be unbanned: Its been a while and i want to return to tgstation and play the game without being a shitter. Im really looking forward to learning the new and updated mechanics and just being part of the community again.
iain0
In-Game Admin Trainer
Byond Username: Iain0

Re: [Iain0] - supergrog

Post by iain0 » #641413

For reference the original appeal is here.

To summarise events so far:
  • You suicide welder bombed the brig ; this caused a collateral death which was the result of an explosions/limbs interaction bug. This death was later discarded from the proceedings as a result.
  • You disconnected before you could be ahelped, and I applied a permaban as a result of your existing un-expired player record history with an intention of having a serious conversation with you about this issue.
  • You appealed the permaban and in your second post said you enjoyed self-antagging on security and had no intention of changing your ways and pretty much gave up on your appeal.
  • I closed the appeal out and as there was no firm direction decided at the time, and allowed you the option to resume the appeal at a later date.
The main issue here is your long term and (at the time) short term record ; the short term record was what the permaban was evaluated based on, ignoring expired notes, and the pattern of self antagging on security there, but evaluating your entire record shows an account with a few years on it and a significantly above average rate of note and ban aquisition. As such I'm not sure that a whole lot changes in 3 months, and your record of notes and bans *is* the history of second chances to improve which you failed to do.

Unless you can provide some compelling information at this point I'm likely to close this out for now with one of two future paths for you:
  • Play on another trusted server that can provide a vouch and return with that to appeal at six months from the original ban date.
  • Re-appeal at a year after the original ban date.
Once either of these is completed I will remove the ban and place a 2 month probationary warning on your account inviting rapid escalation of bans if you do not seem to have changed your ways.
supergrog

Post by supergrog » #641415

Can you provide a list of trusted servers?
Vekter
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Vekter

Post by Vekter » #641446

Those, to my knowledge, include Beestation, Citadel, and Yogstation.

Bee is your best bet.
AliasTakuto wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:11 pm As for the ear replacing stuff, you can ask Anne but I don't think this is what I was banned for. If I was all I can say is "Sorry for being hilarious"...
Omega_DarkPotato wrote:This sucks, dude.
Spoiler:
Reply PM from-REDACTED/(REDACTED): i tried to remove the bruises by changing her gender

PM: Bluespace->Delaron: Nobody wants a mime's asscheeks farting on their brig windows.

PM: REDACTED->HotelBravoLima: Oh come on, knowing that these are hostile aliens is metagaming

[17:43] <Aranclanos> any other question ping me again
[17:43] <Vekter> Aranclanos for nicest coder 2015
[17:44] <Aranclanos> fuck you
supergrog

Post by supergrog » #641483

Thanks.

I have no information to give you iain.
iain0
In-Game Admin Trainer
Byond Username: Iain0

Post by iain0 » #641494

Okay, going to close this out and reject for now, and hopefully see you in a couple of months with a better history to present. Thanks.
supergrog

Post by supergrog » #641495

i just wanna play space game :((