Zybwivcz
Byond Username: Zybwivcz

[AwkwardStereo] - The Case of the Mystery Ban

Post by Zybwivcz » #641467

BYOND account: Zybwivcz
Character Name: Jeb Jerome
Ban type: Server
Ban length: 1 day
Ban reason: Detonated gibtonite on the escape shuttle that resulted in a sizeable hole(round id was 183448)
Time ban was placed: 2022-05-20- 04:47:32
Server you were playing on when banned: Sybil
Round ID in which ban was placed: 183453

Your side of the story: Some miner brought several gibtonite onto a BYOS shuttle, while trying to pick one up I(engineering SEC officer) used the wrong hand and hit it instead of grabbing it with an empty hand, which started it blinking. I tried to toss it out the door but they had been sealed shut with windows by someone, so it exploded doing relatively minor damage with maybe a minute left to end of the round. Don't think anyone was even killed by the explosion, there was a bunch of other chaos going on but I don't recall seeing one and none show up in the logs.

Why I Think I should be unbanned: It was an easy error to make, I tried to toss out the gibtonite when it started blinking but the doors had been sealed, none of this would have been an issue if the miner hadn't brought it aboard, the damage wasn't that bad and it was on a shuttle that had perhaps a minute before getting to Centcomm, and most of all THE ADMIN NEVER EVEN CONTACTED ME, choosing to instead let the server restart and then ban me the next round without attempting to find out what had happened.
AwkwardStereo
Byond Username: AwkwardStereo

Re: [AwkwardStereo] - The Case of the Mystery Ban

Post by AwkwardStereo » #641470

Zybwivcz wrote: Fri May 20, 2022 6:50 amSome miner brought several gibtonite onto a BYOS shuttle, while trying to pick one up I(engineering SEC officer) used the wrong hand and hit it instead of grabbing it with an empty hand, which started it blinking. I tried to toss it out the door but they had been sealed shut with windows by someone, so it exploded doing relatively minor damage with maybe a minute left to end of the round. Don't think anyone was even killed by the explosion, there was a bunch of other chaos going on but I don't recall seeing one and none show up in the logs.
From what I've gathered from logs and what the other guy's perspective of things was against yours I'm willing to take this at face value as an accident. The ban will be immediately lifted after this post, and the note removed. I treated it as a shuttle grief perpetuated by a sec officer, not too dissimilar from chucking flashbangs or teargas in transit considering the hull breach the explosion left.
Zybwivcz wrote: Fri May 20, 2022 6:50 amTHE ADMIN NEVER EVEN CONTACTED ME, choosing to instead let the server restart and then ban me the next round without attempting to find out what had happened.
The incident was ahelped a little under 10 seconds before the server restarted and everyone was force DC'd. You were not present for the shift afterwards so I acted with the information that I had; which was a sec officer detonated gibtonite on the shuttle for no discernable reason. Not the best look for anyone.

I was expecting this and fortunately caught it just before I went to sleep. Welcome back.
Zybwivcz
Byond Username: Zybwivcz

Re: [AwkwardStereo] - The Case of the Mystery Ban

Post by Zybwivcz » #642081

AwkwardStereo wrote: Fri May 20, 2022 9:45 am
Zybwivcz wrote: Fri May 20, 2022 6:50 amSome miner brought several gibtonite onto a BYOS shuttle, while trying to pick one up I(engineering SEC officer) used the wrong hand and hit it instead of grabbing it with an empty hand, which started it blinking. I tried to toss it out the door but they had been sealed shut with windows by someone, so it exploded doing relatively minor damage with maybe a minute left to end of the round. Don't think anyone was even killed by the explosion, there was a bunch of other chaos going on but I don't recall seeing one and none show up in the logs.
From what I've gathered from logs and what the other guy's perspective of things was against yours I'm willing to take this at face value as an accident. The ban will be immediately lifted after this post, and the note removed. I treated it as a shuttle grief perpetuated by a sec officer, not too dissimilar from chucking flashbangs or teargas in transit considering the hull breach the explosion left.
Zybwivcz wrote: Fri May 20, 2022 6:50 amTHE ADMIN NEVER EVEN CONTACTED ME, choosing to instead let the server restart and then ban me the next round without attempting to find out what had happened.
The incident was ahelped a little under 10 seconds before the server restarted and everyone was force DC'd. You were not present for the shift afterwards so I acted with the information that I had; which was a sec officer detonated gibtonite on the shuttle for no discernable reason. Not the best look for anyone.

I was expecting this and fortunately caught it just before I went to sleep. Welcome back.
In conclusion, I don't know how to close one of these threads.