EmpressMaia
Byond Username: EmpressMaia

Empress Maia role ban reduction request

Post by EmpressMaia » #642408

BYOND account: EmpressMaia

Character name: Maia Roengten

Ban type: Role(s)

Ban length: 1 Month

Ban reason: Banned from Roles: Chief Engineer, engineering, Station Engineer, Atmospheric Technician, Abductor, Xenomorph, Blob, Blood Brother, Changeling, Cultist, Gangster, Heretic, Hivemind Host, Malf AI, Space Ninja, Operative, Syndicate Mutineer, Revolutionary, Revenant, Head Revolutionary, Sentient Disease, Spider, Syndicate, Traitor, Wizard for 1 month - Round 183835 As an antagonist engineer(actually an atmos techm i was not an engineer during the round this took place on), plasmaflooded the station despite asking for permission by admins twice, and being denied twice. The player's history of abuse related to engineering and antagonist roles is being taken into account in this ban. Take this time to play some other roles.

Time ban was placed: 2022-05-27 01:57:45 | Manuel | Round 183840 | Cheshify | 393h Living Playtime

Server you were playing on when banned: Manuel

Round ID in which ban was placed:183840

Your side of the story: I asked if i could plasma flood twice, the first being to just excite the round more since it was getting a bit boring, the second was to help the Delta malf ai since i had allianced with them. the first request was denied and the second request was denied specifically because i didnt have a valid IC reasoning. Then i got an objective to kill runtime so i released like 500 mols of freon and tritium into CMO office thinking that is enough IC reasoning.

Why you think you should be unbanned: It was a genuine mistake that didnt influence the round of more than maybe 5 people, i really love TG's atmospheric systems and would like to play around with them over the summer id like the month ban to be reduced to a week or so since my summer has just started and id like to be an atmos tech for more than only 1 month before school starts upp again.

References of good conduct: Almost all of my rounds are peaceful and tranquile, i dont ever really start conflict with others.

Anything else we should know:
Pandarsenic
Byond Username: Pandarsenic

Re: Empress Maia role ban reduction request

Post by Pandarsenic » #642409

Banning admin is Cheshify, who has been notified.
General Thrax
Byond Username: GeneralThrax

Post by General Thrax » #642416

Hello! I was the CMO this round, who also had Runtime. You said you started the fire to kill Runtime, who would normally be perfectly visible from Medbay hallways. But she wasn't there, and was actually quite far away in departures in my bag. Possibly a thing to note to bring into question the justification for starting the plasmafire.
Cheshify
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Cheshify

Post by Cheshify » #642417

My issue with lifting this ban, and the reason the ban is in place is due to two major factors. Firstly, you have a history, reflected in your notes and playtime, of not only being familiar with atmospherics, but additionally being familiar with three separate events wherein you ended up flooding the station with plasma or other flammable gasses. All of these notes take place within a time frame of three months, as the first note was placed on 2022-03-18.

As you had noted, there were in fact two previous tickets wherein you followed proper protocol, asking permission to take a high-destruction route with antagonism.

The first ticket was pretty open-and-close, you asked to be able to flood the station with lethal gasses, and were denied.

Code: Select all

Ticket Opened by-empressmaia: can i flood the station with tritium and freon
Reply from-floortoxins: Hi there! I'm going to have to veto that, as it's a bit extreme, but thanks for asking before going for it!
Reply from-empressmaia: ok
Now, you're asking me about being allowed to flood a second time, I was looking for a proper IC reasoning to become a mass murderer other than being an antagonist, and since you couldn't provide one, I denied it.

Code: Select all

Ticket Opened by-empressmaia: can i flood wwith gas on borg delta since im teamed up with them?
Reply from-cheshify: What's your IC justification for assisting the AI kill everyone?
Reply from-empressmaia: they didnt kill me out in space when they very well could have
Reply from-cheshify: And you believe that your character Maia sees this as valid justification with mass murder?
Reply from-cheshify: for mass murder, even.
Reply from-empressmaia: to be fair the maia character usually doesnt care about death if it isnt within their department
Reply from-cheshify: I do not believe that you have a strong enough IC justification for killing shitloads of people.
 Resolved by Cheshify
Nothing changed with each of these tickets. At first you were denied gas flooding since it was an extremely destructive action, and secondly you were denied gas flooding to assist the Delta AI. At no point in time was there a loophole wherein we allowed you to gas flood. Neither Floortoxins or I had said "If you have a strong IC justification, you can gas flood the station without asking us." My issue here is that you were so intent on opening your kill-can in a public area that you ignored the direct rulings of two administrators to complete an objective you could not have completed.

As GeneralThrax has posted, Runtime was not within the CMO's office, and since this would be Deltastation, you had the full ability to see if Runtime was in the office to begin with. I'm left with a situation where you ignored two admins and caused damage because you had worked hard on a kill-can. There are some minor issues with this note however, which I will be fixing.
1. I called you an engineer instead of an atmos tech
2. You did not "plasmaflood", you opened a can of highly flammable gases in delta medbay.
Shout out to Riggle
Shout out to Dessysalta
Cheshify
In-Game Game Master

Post by Cheshify » #642418

Note edited to:

"As an antagonist atmos tech, tritium-and-freon gas flooded medbay despite asking for permission by admins twice, and being denied twice. The player's history of abuse related to engineering and antagonist roles is being taken into account in this ban. Take this time to play some other roles."
Shout out to Riggle
Shout out to Dessysalta
EmpressMaia

Post by EmpressMaia » #642447

What does kill can mean?
Cheshify
In-Game Game Master

Post by Cheshify » #642461

Within this context, it's a lot of hot gas in a can that you open up in a public area.
Shout out to Riggle
Shout out to Dessysalta
EmpressMaia

Post by EmpressMaia » #642465

the can wasnt orignally meant for runtime, it was about 20% freon and 80% trit which i planned to try using in the SM to make it a stable trit engine, but the AI deltad so i wouldnt have really had time to run a trit SM, then i got the runtime objective and decieded to use it for that
Cheshify
In-Game Game Master

Post by Cheshify » #642471

EmpressMaia wrote: Sat May 28, 2022 6:39 pm the can wasnt orignally meant for runtime, it was about 20% freon and 80% trit which i planned to try using in the SM to make it a stable trit engine, but the AI deltad so i wouldnt have really had time to run a trit SM, then i got the runtime objective and decieded to use it for that
You didn't use it for runtime though, you set delta medbay on fire when runtime was in departures.

I haven't been given any reason for lowering this ban sentence, and have only learnt more about why this gas flood was improperly done. As such, I'll be denying this appeal, though the option to request headmin review is possible.
Shout out to Riggle
Shout out to Dessysalta
EmpressMaia

Post by EmpressMaia » #642476

i thought it would have killed runtime, i didnt know they were so far away
EmpressMaia

Post by EmpressMaia » #642477

could i have a headmin review?
EmpressMaia

Post by EmpressMaia » #644540

ive gained no notes since posting this appeal
mrmelbert
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Mr Melbert

Post by mrmelbert » #645006

We're going to be reducing the duration of the ban (effectively meaning you will be unbanned by the time of posting (well, shortly after posting)).

We deliberated on this ban for a while, and found there was a decent amount of potential for confusion and miscommunication that led to this ban being placed.

You were denied, twice, by the admins online to initiate a "flood". The exact wording used was "flood", and the method (canister vs distro) was not specified. This was a major point of confusion that arose - while you believed you were disallowed from flooding distro, they actually disallowed you from flooding, period. Neither you nor the admin were on the same wavelength, so we believe the full duration of the ban was unfair (especially considering the damage wasn't that widespread).

Using atmos as an antag is not entirely forbidden under our ruleset, but the extent to what was allowed in this situation was not established.

That being said, you were ultimately still denied the right to flood dangerous gases - which you did anyways. That, combined with your note history of mishandling atmos, led us to believe some duration of the ban was justified.

These combined, we've decided to remove the last week of the ban.
Admin: December 2020 - Present
Code Maintainer: December 2021 - Present
Head Admin: Feburary 2022 - September 2022
Youtube Guy: sometimes