aceofspades1111
Byond Username: AceofSpades1111

[harricross] Aceofspades1111 - Permaban for killing as non-antag

Post by aceofspades1111 » #642429

BYOND account: AceofSpades1111
Character name: Eleanor Weeds
Ban type: Server
Ban length: Permanent

Ban reason: (MRP) As a non-antagonist assistant, seemingly killed someone without justification based on logs on a station with ten people. Player in question had already logged off before being able to be confronted, explain yourself on the forums.

Time ban was placed: 2022-05-23 11:42:20

Server you were playing on when banned: Manuel

Round ID in which ban was placed: 183651

Your side of the story: Came back to SS13 for the first time in a few months, I admit to being a self-antag as an assistant, however it was low-pop, and the round was going on 3 hours with nothing interesting happening, plus the person I killed was down to fight and only ahelped once they lost (they tried to deal with me IC, which told me they were playing along, my mistake assuming that) I also continued playing the round for at least an hour before my character died and I logged off, I don't think I should be penalized further for logging off at 4am my time, when I wasn't even aware that an admin wanted to speak to me yet.

Why you think you should be unbanned: I don't think the ban was unfair, however I did let my monkey neuron activation get the best of me after returning to SS13 after at least 4 months, and I'll make sure it doesn't happen again.
Harricross
Byond Username: Harricross

Re: [harricross] Aceofspades1111 - Permaban for killing as non-antag

Post by Harricross » #642445

Hi, thanks for making an appeal.

When admin coverage and player counts are low during dead-pop hours, the most we can do is read the logs and compare them to stories from those involved. Please keep in mind even if low-pop is sometimes unmoderated and shifts go on for longer times, that does not give you an excuse to self-antagonize.

Cut short, I'll be lifting the ban and leaving it as a note that better reflects the situation as per your explanation.