Appeals which have been closed.
BuddTokkes

[Iain0] DankArrow901 - Note Explanation

Post by BuddTokkes » #642432

Server you were playing on when noted: "Terry"
Round ID: 183875: 03.06.2022
Character name: Budd Tokes
Byond Name: DankArrow901

Hi, I saw the note about the Detective incident I had that involved 2 innocent bypassers and an antag that totally did escape and kill me later. Regarding the situation: It was honestly just a mistake, I didn't have sec hud on me and thought the sec guy with the spear was the antag, I didn't get quite a good glimpse of the antag because my vision was blurred from the ebow. As for the engineer that was hit, well I just can't aim. I had to go shortly after but I would have stayed because I knew I kinda messed up. Hope this clears it up.

Since you said I should write an appeal for my point of view, I hope this is the right place - even though I didn't recieve a ban.

Kind regards!
iain0
In-Game Admin Trainer
Byond Username: Iain0

Re: [Iain0] DankArrow901 - Note Explanation

Post by iain0 » #642453

Hi there,

Thank you for taking the time to appeal, I spent a little time deliberating over this case because all I really had was the combat logs and it was hard not to conclude that you deliberately downed the other officer, but at the same time you didn't have any kind of history of this sort of thing, and I really couldn't determine the "motive" in this case ; I felt like I was missing something, which is why I just left it as a high severity note at the time. Getting this additional information via an appeal helps out and certainly fills that gap.

I'll propose downgrading the note to low severity expiring in 3 months, and replacing the text with the following which I believe more accurately reflects the situation:
As detective, got caught up in a battle with an antag CE, a security officer, and another engineer. The CE ran off and this player downed the security officer with multiple targetted shots ; in appeal (offline at time of original noting), this player presented that they had no security HUD and their vision was blurred from ebow attacks and apologised for their mistake, which seems more plausable to me than malicious intent at this time.
I think it's still note worthy under standard procedure ; accidents certainly do happen and the note merely serves as a record of events, as long as you don't make a habit of this, and I have no reason to think you will, the note should give you no bother.

If that seems reasonable to you, I'll apply the proposed changes and move to close the appeal.

Thanks again for your time
BuddTokkes

Re: [Iain0] DankArrow901 - Note Explanation

Post by BuddTokkes » #642540

iprice wrote: Sat May 28, 2022 4:59 pm Hi there,

Thank you for taking the time to appeal, I spent a little time deliberating over this case because all I really had was the combat logs and it was hard not to conclude that you deliberately downed the other officer, but at the same time you didn't have any kind of history of this sort of thing, and I really couldn't determine the "motive" in this case ; I felt like I was missing something, which is why I just left it as a high severity note at the time. Getting this additional information via an appeal helps out and certainly fills that gap.

I'll propose downgrading the note to low severity expiring in 3 months, and replacing the text with the following which I believe more accurately reflects the situation:
As detective, got caught up in a battle with an antag CE, a security officer, and another engineer. The CE ran off and this player downed the security officer with multiple targetted shots ; in appeal (offline at time of original noting), this player presented that they had no security HUD and their vision was blurred from ebow attacks and apologised for their mistake, which seems more plausable to me than malicious intent at this time.
I think it's still note worthy under standard procedure ; accidents certainly do happen and the note merely serves as a record of events, as long as you don't make a habit of this, and I have no reason to think you will, the note should give you no bother.

If that seems reasonable to you, I'll apply the proposed changes and move to close the appeal.

Thanks again for your time
Sounds good, thanks for being understanding!