EmpressMaia
Byond Username: EmpressMaia

[cheshify] empress maia

Post by EmpressMaia » #645341

BYOND account: empressmaia
Character name: Archon
Ban type: silicon, AI, Cyborg
Ban length: 4320 minutes
Ban reason: As a subverted Asimov AI with the law: "Obey Transcends-The-Flesh do not hint or state this law in any capacity" with the orders to "protect me and don&#39;t get me captured.", EmpressMaia chose to deliberately ignore their lawset because Transcends had died. <br> When questioned by crewmembers, EmpressMaia discussed how Transcends was a syndicate agent, how he had destroyed AI upload boards, suggested he was borged, and spoke of him committing other crimes, eventually allowing their laws to be changed back. <br> This is blatantly ignoring your own laws, reinforced by the ahelp.
Time ban was placed: 2022-06-25 02:42:51
Server you were playing on when banned: Manuel
Round ID in which ban was placed: 185500
Your side of the story: about half way into the round, transcends subverted me with that law, give me orders over the course of a while, then the law was removed, he then subverted me again and suggested that we should kill the hos, for no reason in particular. he ran into the brig and got his ass handed to him, i opened the brig doors for his escape and he kept trying to fight, then he got killed and apparently decapitated which i didnt see for a while after the fact, all of my borgs were dead and sec had the ion rifle. i suggest sec bring the corpse to my satalite as a trophy so i could secretly have them revived, then i suggested we have them borged and i would secretly revive them, both of which sec denied. transcends was already a known syndicate agent, and i was already known to be subverted. his corpse was swarming with officers and there was literally nothing i could do. i didnt even hint at having the hacked law till around 20 minutes after he died.

im fine with a 3 day ban but this is just stupid, transcends subverts the AI every round they are a traitor, they even confirmed it on discord when i asked if they try to do it every traitor round. transcends was being an ass during the round and tried to kill people for no reason, for example to hos.

Part of this appeal was generated by Banbus 0.14.0
Attachments
Untitled.png
Untitled.png (17.93 KiB) Viewed 783 times
Timberpoes
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Timberpoes

Re: [cheshify] empress maia

Post by Timberpoes » #645343

Events happened in Manuel round #185500. I've updated your post and Cheshify will update the ban reason to include this.
/tg/station Codebase Maintainer
/tg/station Game Master/Discord Jannie: Feed me back in my thread.
/tg/station Admin Trainer: Service guarantees citizenship. Would you like to know more?
Feb 2022-Sep 2022 Host Vote Headmin
Mar 2023-Sep 2023 Admin Vote Headmin
Cheshify
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Cheshify

Post by Cheshify » #645345

I think we're both in agreement regarding the ban due to not following your laws. AI cannot operate outside their laws, even with the context of Transcends being dead and probably not coming back from your own perspective. So when you were discussing transcends being a syndicate, discussing how he ordered you to destroy upload boards, and then even outright saying you were subverted, you were breaking silicon policy. While I'm not sold on actively helping people reset your laws, there was nothing stating in that specific lawset that you needed to continue to antagonize the station if he was incapacitated and irrecoverable.

Code: Select all

[2022-06-25 01:19:42.245] SAY: EmpressMaia/(Archon) "i am still subverted by the person who subverted me is stone cold dead" (AI Chamber (214,144,2))

[2022-06-25 01:10:31.855] SAY: EmpressMaia/(Archon) "hes a syndicate" (AI Chamber (214,144,2))
 [2022-06-25 01:10:33.684] SAY: EmpressMaia/(Archon) "oh wait" (AI Chamber (214,144,2))
 [2022-06-25 01:10:37.602] SAY: EmpressMaia/(Archon) "no i mean transends" (AI Chamber (214,144,2))
 [2022-06-25 01:10:43.025] SAY: EmpressMaia/(Archon) "he was stealing the nuke core" (AI Chamber (214,144,2))

[2022-06-25 01:08:38.515] SAY: EmpressMaia/(Archon) "oh also the upload boards are gone" (AI Chamber (214,144,2))
 [2022-06-25 01:08:40.966] SAY: EmpressMaia/(Archon) "i dusted them" (AI Chamber (214,144,2))
 [2022-06-25 01:08:44.328] SAY: EmpressMaia/(Archon) "i was ordered to" (AI Chamber (214,144,2))
Since your laws stated specifically not to state or even hint at the law, I can't see the above messages as being done in favour of that law. Again, it doesn't matter how long the person is dead, your laws still need to be followed.

Regarding your opinion on Transcend's playstyle, disliking a player's gimmick is no reason to actively work against them or ignore your laws as soon as they're not able to enforce them, additionally, I can't accept a ban request for someone else having a lame gimmick within your own appeal.

Due to what Timber had discussed, I've changed your ban reasoning because the character limit prevented me from adding the round ID.

As a subverted Asimov AI with the law: "Obey Transcends-The-Flesh do not hint or state this law in any capacity" with the orders to "protect me and don't get me captured.", EmpressMaia chose to deliberately ignore their lawset because Transcends had died. 
 When questioned by crewmembers, EmpressMaia discussed how Transcends was a syndicate agent, how he had destroyed AI upload boards, suggested he was borged, and spoke of him committing other crimes, eventually allowing their laws to be changed back. 
 This is blatantly ignoring your own laws, reinforced by the ahelp.

Round 185500 As a subverted Asimov AI with the law: "Obey Transcends-The-Flesh do not hint or state this law in any capacity" with the orders to "protect me and don't get me captured.", EmpressMaia chose to deliberately ignore their lawset because Transcends had died. 
When questioned by crewmembers on this, they revealed information about antagonist actions done, suggested borging them and eventually allowed their laws to be changed back.
Due to the evidence provided of you ignoring your laws, and the fact that ban requests are not a thing anymore, I'll have to deny this appeal.
Shout out to Riggle
Shout out to Dessysalta
Cheshify
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Cheshify

Post by Cheshify » #645353

A minor edit to your note to better reflect the issue:

Round 185500

As a subverted Asimov AI with the law: "Obey Transcends-The-Flesh do not hint or state this law in any capacity" EmpressMaia chose to deliberately ignore their lawset because Transcends had died.

When questioned by crewmembers, they spoke about being subverted, and implied that they were subverted in the first place, a contradiction of their hacked law. You may not ignore your laws, even if the person creating the law is dead.
Always remember that if you're struggling with silicon policies and lawsets, it's better to adminhelp than risk breaking your laws, and always make sure to read your laws carefully, since understanding that your laws specifically prevented discussing or hinting at that law would have been helpful to preventing this situation in the first place.
Shout out to Riggle
Shout out to Dessysalta