fizziz2
Byond Username: Fizziz

lulufren-Request to lower my sentence.

Post by fizziz2 » #645683

BYOND account: Fizziz
Character name: Prometheus Alexopolus
Ban type: Server ban
Ban length: Permanent
Ban reason: Using another account when banned (mrmimee), ban evasion.
Time ban was placed: 2022-06-27 16:41:01
Server you were playing on when banned: Terry
Round ID in which ban was placed: 185651
Your side of the story: I got banned rightfully for 12 hours, had nothing to do and got impatient and tried to play again through other means rather than just waiting it out. I then got banned again (rightfully) a second time.
Why you think you should be unbanned: I have always enjoyed playing on ss13 tg, its been a long time since I have played rounds on this server but I have a lot of history with the old game. Metagaming, ban evasion is not something I have ever done before and it was a action born of my impatience when I should have just waited.
I am not asking that I get unbanned at this moment, I understand what I have done and that it could be considered unfair to let me go scot free this instance, but I would like to request that my ban be lowered so I may be able to play sometime in the future. I love this server and game, and would hate to see my journey here end so soon, just when I was re-immersing myself in the game.
I understand what I did was wrong and promise not to repeat what I did.
Thank you for reading, and I hope to hear from you soon
Last edited by fizziz2 on Wed Jun 29, 2022 5:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
san7890
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: San7890
Github Username: san7890

Re: Request to lower my sentence.

Post by san7890 » #645684

Banning admin for both the initial 12-hour ban and the later permanent bans (on both Fizziz and Mrmimee) for evasion was lulufren, please update your title to reflect this.
Simultaneously making both the best and worst jokes on the internet. I like looking at maps and code. Learn how to map today!. You may rate me here.
fizziz2

Re: Request to lower my sentence.

Post by fizziz2 » #645685

Sorry I have no idea how to edit the title, I do mention the 12 hour ban though
Lulufren
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Lulufren

Re: lulufren-Request to lower my sentence.

Post by Lulufren » #645698

Since this seems to be the first major issue in a fairly long history of playing, i'll lower the ban to 14 days.

I wanna make it clear though that any further ban evasion attempts will bring the perma back.
capn_monkeypaw
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Phuzzylodgik

Post by capn_monkeypaw » #645726

Fizziz once again attempted to ban evade using a third CKEY last night:

Code: Select all

[2022-06-29 16:46:02.156] SUSPICIOUS_ACCESS: Failed Login: Fizziz 129XXXXXXX [REDACTED IP 1] - Banned (#61018)
[2022-06-29 16:46:45.488] SUSPICIOUS_ACCESS: Failed Login: Fizziz 129XXXXXXX [REDACTED IP 1] - Banned (#61018)
[2022-06-29 16:48:18.942] SUSPICIOUS_ACCESS: Failed Login: Fizziz 129XXXXXXX [REDACTED IP 1] - Banned (#61018)
[2022-06-29 16:49:18.458] SUSPICIOUS_ACCESS: Failed Login: Fizziz 129XXXXXXX [REDACTED IP 1] - Banned (#61018)
[2022-06-29 17:22:32.542] SUSPICIOUS_ACCESS: Failed Login: Freefromcreed 129XXXXXXX [REDACTED IP 2] - Banned (#61017)
Lulufren
In-Game Admin

Post by Lulufren » #645727

Wow, i guess it stays a perma then.
fizziz2

Post by fizziz2 » #645736

That was an accident, I was going to play on another server and hit "play in the last server" and it kept sending me to tg.
Had no intention of breaking the rules again after what just happened to me.
The third key was one I was automatically logged into, again, no intention of doing that again.
TheFinalPotato
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: LemonInTheDark

Post by TheFinalPotato » #645759

why do you have three ckeys?
I ain't an admin just kinda curious
fizziz2

Post by fizziz2 » #645777

I share my computer with family members, some were interested in playing ss13 as they saw me playing a couple of rounds and made a few accounts of their own.
They played a bit without any direction from me so they got a bit lost and were not trilled, but thats why I have another ckey and thats why I accidentally entered a third time.
iamgoofball
Github User
Byond Username: Iamgoofball
Github Username: Iamgoofball

Post by iamgoofball » #645799

fizziz2 wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 5:41 pm That was an accident, I was going to play on another server and hit "play in the last server" and it kept sending me to tg.
Had no intention of breaking the rules again after what just happened to me.
The third key was one I was automatically logged into, again, no intention of doing that again.
I actually believe this after testing the replay button on byond, and here's why
If you're insane and use the byond pager to connect, you probably see this area on the pager:

That replay button automatically connects you to the last server in the Open Location list as far as I can tell, and there is absolutely no confirmation dialogue on it.

It's also, as you can see, right next to the button to go to Space Station 13's hub page.

Here's a video demonstration of it doing what I just said:
https://file.house/JO7A.mp4

This is an entirely reasonable mistake to make as a result of the bad BYOND ui.
Lulufren
In-Game Admin

Post by Lulufren » #645815

I see it is plausible that it could have been accidental, so i'll go back to the orginally intended lowering to 14 days.
Please avoid such accidents in the future.