Lacran
Byond Username: Lacran

[cheshify] Lacran Noted for tiding as ghostrole

Post by Lacran » #645761

BYOND account: Lacran
Character name: Golem 754
Ban type: Note
Ban length: N/A
Ban reason: As a Runic Golem, used their powers to ghost-tide secure areas with other Runic Golems, eventually resulting in a massive brawl.
Time ban was placed: 2022-06-30 06:17:22
Server you were playing on when banned: Manuel
Round ID in which ban was placed: 185805
Your side of the story: I later rejoined a round as a Runic Golem, serving Samantha Stardriver the Xenobio, she told me to dominate all the animals on the station and to otherwise serve as crew
NSFW:
ZeroKelvn/(Samantha Stardriver) "You are to Dominate any animal you see and make them serve the station"

ZeroKelvn/(Samantha Stardriver) "Beyond that, unless I issue another order, serve as crew"

Conduct before the brawl:

I was let out of science, I had no tongue so communicating was strange and pretty comical, but I started my mission of dominating animals by jaunted into the captain's office and dominating renault, the office was empty, so I scooped renault into my arms and left through disposals as the only other way was jaunting which takes ages cooldown-wise, I was let out of disposals by a crew member and went back to Samantha to give her renault, I told her it was a gift for making me, I then dominated Club the penguin and the Penguin chick, Cayden the Scientist got angry at me for this so I used abyssal gaze to spook him into leaving me alone, he kept trying to prevent me from taking the penguins to xenobio so I gazed him again. the HoS also didn't want me entering into genetics to dominate monkies so I used Gaze on her aswell, she didn't back down so I showed her renault, Cayden complained to Samantha about the gazes so she told me to not try to hurt others unless they hurt people ( I didn't know gaze did 10 burn damage as the flavor text says nothing about this, I thought it was strictly a roleplay thing/slows them) During my time in science I had used gaze 3 times, dominated 3 animals, broke the windoor at rnd so I could leave science and had broken a window in xenobio so I could walk the penguins through, I had a pickaxe and two glass shards, both found in science. I joined up with other golems and showed them the animal collection in Xenobio, Samantha spoke to us all about not greytiding, not knowing the context as I've been recently created I make a joke about being a "rune tide" and continue on.

Conduct leading to the Brawl

I joined up with three other golems who had been around a fair time longer than I had, two had Fire axes and none of us had tongues, so we mainly communicated through weird tongueless babytalk, anyway, we wandered around until we ended up at cargo, I saw Ian in the HoP's office and said I wanted him, Another golem dominated him and the three of them jaunted in, I had jaunted earlier so I couldn't enter and instead stood on the table at the HoP's desk as the window was closed. The Captain and some crew saw us in the HoP's office, we started talking but I doubt he made much sense of anything we said, one of the fire axe golems started attacking the window I was near so they could leave/I could enter and then the Captain opened up on me with a laser gun, I got off the table and ran to the corner of the HoP line asking why he was shooting me, he kept firing, now at the other golems.

After about 20 seconds of shooting happen, the golems jaunt towards him and I start chasing him as he drops his hellfire and pulls out a mosin and keeps firing into us, I use abyssal Gaze to slow him and then I disarm spam him as he keeps trying to attack us.

One of the fire axe golems starts killing him, at this point other crew get involved and kill us, outside of attempting disarms I'm just yelling "no cool" as its one of the few things that a tongueless person can say to describe the situation

After I die I enter another golem shell, and walk down the hallway, the janitor pushes me over and starts to beat me to death, I don't retaliate and then Cheshify teleports myself and the other golems to the Centcom Jail and asks us about the situation.

I explain I'm collecting the animals I dominate, as that a part of what I've been created to do (the dominate part, I just thought a xenobio zoo would be cool and the xeno bio seemed to enjoy the animals I had brought) Chesh concludes I am a lesser offender but still my entering of secure areas as a ghost role "to tide" didn't meet MRP standards, I asked specifically what part of what I did as an individual was note worthy, they replied with greytiding as a ghostrole and resolved the ticket.

Why you think you should be unbanned: I feel as though my conduct as a golem was meeting the guidelines given by the xenobiologist, the desicion I made personally to collect them in Xenobiology was well meaning and I felt would be enjoyable, hence me involving the Xenobiologist and the other golems: Image I don't think me entering into secure areas to take animals is note worthy if it is well intentioned and fits believably within the role I had been given. The desicion making by the Captain to me seemed like an extreme over reaction, but I assume this was a consequence of behaviour from the other golems earlier in the round, he attacked and through escalation I had every opportunity to respond lethally and I didn't. I do not feel this note regarding "ghosttiding" reflects my conduct accurately at all, and wrongly lays blame regarding the brawl which was in essence the captain lethaling me for trespassing, and then security killing me because they see me standing next to another golem fireaxing their captain to death.

References of good conduct: I have over 300 hours on Manuel, primarily in roles like Silicon and Security where a high standard of roleplay is expected, this is the first note I've recieved.

Anything else we should know: I did want to say that the situation involved 4 golems and like 6 players and was a complicated one, both Cheshify and Pandar had to dedicate a lot of time to figure out exactly what happened from several sources, so I am grateful that they did take the time to establish that I was a lesser party and did not give me a similar punishment to some of the other people involved. I'm just not fond of my first note painting me as a shitter that abuses ghostroles as that isn't what my conduct reflected, I gazed the captain, the HoS and a scientist, I broke a table, a windoor and a window and I jaunted into the captain's office and stole renault, I had reasons to do this and while breaking stuff and trespassing isn't ideal conduct its the norm for xenobio mobs that don't have access and want to accomplish their tasks, an IC issue? Sure, definitely not note worthy.
Attachments
1.png
2.png
3.png
4.png
5.png
Last edited by Lacran on Sun Jul 03, 2022 3:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jamarkus
Byond Username: Jamarkus

Re: [cheshify] Lacran Noted for tiding as ghostrole

Post by Jamarkus » #645854

As I was one of the fireaxe golems, I can vouch for Lacran here. it was really three of us that caused most of the issues, two with fireaxes. the one wearing a bomber jacket, Lacran, Just took animals for xenobio. We as in the ones with the fireaxes, went too far and I dont think they really deserve a note for doing what they were told in the first place.
The Birb
Byond Username: The Birb

Post by The Birb » #645909

Can say, Lacran did barely anything, probably not even "tiding". He was only standing in the table and wasn't even in the HOP office. I'm another one of the runic golems during that round here and i can vouch for him. His only crime was getting shot at and grouping up with all the other golems.
Cheshify
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Cheshify

Post by Cheshify » #645910

Alright, the evidence provided, and the other testimonies are enough to convince me. I'll remove the note.

+ Apologies for the time it took to reply.
Shout out to Riggle
Shout out to Dessysalta
Cheshify
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Cheshify

Post by Cheshify » #645911

Note just removed.
Shout out to Riggle
Shout out to Dessysalta
Lacran
Byond Username: Lacran

Post by Lacran » #645913

Thank you, genuinely appreciate you taking the time to review my appeal, especially when it was just a note.