Appeals which have been closed.
cunnyseur
Byond Username: Cunnyseur

[justice12354] cunnyseur- Banned for inapropriate ckey and ERP

Post by cunnyseur » #645783

Character name: |Josiah Callison

Ban type: Server

Ban length: Permament

Ban reason: "Cunnyseur" is an inappropriate ckey, which is not allowed in /tg/station. The user has been given a month to change their ckey, which they didn't. Other casualities regarding creepy/erotic interactions, as well as this casuality, lead to this ban.
Time ban was placed: 2022-02-16 22:41:11

Server name: Terry
Round ID : Not sure my ban massage is all messed up

Your side of the story: I was new player who didnt know much about servers and games culture so i chose stupid nickname which i was unaware that it was public to all other people. I didnt think much of it because majority of player never brought attention to it until as mentionted as above i caught into ERP situation(around mid january) and the admin who caught me demanded to change nickname. I didnt take warning seriously because i thought it was relatively niche and harmless nickname thus i continued playing. Nobody brought up issue again for 1 whole month so i forgot about the situation and continued playing until admin justice12354 noticed me and demanded to change because of previous transgression. I tried arguing that nickname was harmless but ultimatelly i decided to make a new account Nomand96 (which is banned as of now reason: alt of cunnyseur).

Why you think you should be unbanned: This is my first server ever and i like to keep playing it. I like the people in it very much but i ruined it with my juvenile sense of humor and i didnt think that sexual harrasment(even in joking manner) is such a big deal. I didnt want to offend anybody but just to have fun. I am aware my nickname can be attributed to pedophillia so i have created alt account with proper nickname (Nomand96) so im making this appeal because my alt account has also been banned because i use the same computer.

References of good conduct: i have barely played any other server

Anything else we should know: Regards to ERP situation. IT was me making sexual remarks to other player because i was playing chaplain and i thought it would be funny to RP as a perverted priest.
Justice12354
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Justice12354

Re: [justice12354] cunnyseur- Banned for inapropriate ckey and ERP

Post by Justice12354 » #645995

Thanks for appealing.

I will be denying your appeal.
Your original username, followed up by the rule 8 breach, was of very, very bad taste and it was not welcome at all. Making the conscious decision that your username would be "cunnyseur" and you'd RP as a perverted priest who highlighted other players sexually is just beyond words. The inertia you showed before actually creating a secondary account slightly proved how your mindset might not be well-suit for our community.

Although there are some points where I can personally empathise, your overall decisions just lead me to the conclusion of "This is very fucked up.", which it really is; hence why I'm denying your appeal.

If you disagree with this ruling or would like to get your appeal reviewed by the Head Admins, you may request a Head Admin review.
Hey, I'm now an admin: Let me know what you think about me!
Spoiler:
yttriums wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 12:13 am borg players shouldn't be able to ahelp. you signed up to play as a piece of equipment. this is like a table ahelping you for wrenching it
cunnyseur

Post by cunnyseur » #646012

I'd like to get second opinion please. Im not defending my ERP comments but im not really sure why nickname "cunnyseur" warrants a permaban. I do not condone pedophiles and i dont really like loli. I chose this nickname because it was first thing that came into my mind when i made account and i couldnt use my regular nickname since it was used. It was based of silly meme image i saw on the internet of anime "copcraft". I didnt want to change my account due to the time i already put into my account and inability of changing my ckey, but if making new account is what it takes then ill just oblige.
Pandarsenic
Byond Username: Pandarsenic

Post by Pandarsenic » #646014

cunnyseur wrote: Mon Jul 04, 2022 11:16 amIt was based of silly meme image i saw on the internet of anime "copcraft".
For whatever it's worth, the image mentioned does, in fact, exist. It's an edit of a character showing his badge, with "DETECTIVE" replaced with "CUNNYSEUR" and rank changed from "DETECTIVE SERGEANT" to "CUNNY INSPECTOR," etc.

Code: Select all

https://knowyourmeme.com/photos/2215021-cunny -- Text aside, it's SFW
(2:53:35 AM) scaredofshadows: how about head of robutts
I once wrote a guide to fixing telecomms woohoo
Justice12354
In-Game Admin

Post by Justice12354 » #646034

From the start of my review of this appeal, I've always taken into consideration that you could be a new player who chose a silly name out of some meme; which turns out to be true. Although it doesn't irradicate the choice of the name followed up by your actions, it does add a layer of understanding, given you would most likely have realized by now how that username is highly inappropriate; which is not so true. This is what makes me feel cautious about accepting the appeal.

Given you requested a Head Admin Review, I will immediately notify them so they may take action as soon as possible.

As a side note, thanks for your input, Panda!
Spoiler:
yttriums wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 12:13 am borg players shouldn't be able to ahelp. you signed up to play as a piece of equipment. this is like a table ahelping you for wrenching it
Timberpoes
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Timberpoes

Post by Timberpoes » #646049

I feel like I'm missing some key facts here.

Their only current note for creepy/erotic interactions is
[2022-01-08 21:27:22 | note by omegadarkpotato]
Asked to change their ckey from "Cunnyseur". Also told to avoid telling people that you like their tits, or telling the AI to, quote, "Get back the titty girl" in response to their hologram changing.
Are you saying they've actually done additional stuff since then, or that you took that note into account plus their ckey when deciding to permaban them?

In addition, is this ban meant to be a "get a new ckey" ban, or a "you are permanently banned from our servers" ban?
/tg/station Codebase Maintainer
/tg/station Game Master/Discord Jannie: Feed me back in my thread.
/tg/station Admin Trainer: Service guarantees citizenship. Would you like to know more?
Feb 2022-Sep 2022 Host Vote Headmin
Mar 2023-Sep 2023 Admin Vote Headmin
cunnyseur

Post by cunnyseur » #646053

I think i can answer this somewhat. I got noticed in that round by justice12354 because i think i was greytiding that round.(practising hacking doors, opening gas canisters which i found in maintenance shafts, and exploding fuel container with IED) So form the the point of view justice12354 i probably looked like disruptive player with a history of ERP which is not a very good look plus in our conversation i was not very respectful, im not very articualte in english so i didnt know how to properly respond, and i didnt make it very clear that im going to change my account.
Justice12354
In-Game Admin

Post by Justice12354 » #646061

The note was from a while ago, so it's kind of poorly written. I am willing to change that at any time if requested.
Timberpoes wrote: Tue Jul 05, 2022 6:17 am Are you saying they've actually done additional stuff since then, or that you took that note into account plus their ckey when deciding to permaban them?
No, they have not. I took the ckey as an incident, which might not have been a correct action. I did not witness any sort of rule-8-breaking behavior from the player, only the notes.
Timberpoes wrote: Tue Jul 05, 2022 6:17 am In addition, is this ban meant to be a "get a new ckey" ban, or a "you are permanently banned from our servers" ban?
It is meant to be a "you are permanently banned from our servers" ban.
Spoiler:
Timberpoes
In-Game Game Master

Post by Timberpoes » #646354

Reading back into our headmin discussions on this, Mothblocks wrote: "cunnyseur one can be lifted as long as they make a new ckey" - I'm also willing to back this outcome so I think we're safe to proceed on that basis so this appeal can be wrapped up.

We will lift your permaban on the condition that you come back with a less shitty account name.

If you let us know the new one, we'll copy your notes over to it and set everything up so you can play on it without being flagged for ban evasion. When that's done you'll be notified here that it's safe to connect with it and resume playing on our servers.
/tg/station Admin Trainer: Service guarantees citizenship. Would you like to know more?
cunnyseur

Post by cunnyseur » #646448

Cool thanks. I made the new ckey Nomand96
nomand96
Byond Username: Nomand96

Post by nomand96 » #646449

Not sure if it helps but here is my new account with the approriate nickname.
Timberpoes
In-Game Game Master

Post by Timberpoes » #646450

You appear to have a note for a ban on nomand96 for ban evasion.

I have unbanned that account. I've transferred over the notes from your old account too.

I will assume you tried a new ckey after all the fuss about being told to change your old one, and that you were not actually being stupid enough to try evading for real - which would be really, really quite dumb and would make everyone very, very disappointed in you.

I have made this call hoping you won't do any more stupid shit from this point forward and will return to our servers as a model rule-following player, because really all we wanted in the first place was for you to not have a pants-on-head stupid ckey.

You may now connect to our game servers using nomand96.

Please don't disappoint us.
nomand96
Byond Username: Nomand96

Post by nomand96 » #646571

Cool thanks for oveturning my ban. I can already play the server and the notes have been transfarred. As you said i was not trying to ban evade so i ill try to not dissapoint you.