obrimos

[San7890] Obrimos - Non-ban admin-requested post

Post by obrimos » #646052

BYOND account: Obrimos
Character name: Logs don't say, they just say "you"
Ban type: N/A
Ban length: N/A
Ban reason: Note left by San7890 on 2022-07-05 05:36:59
Round 186092 - Appears to have attacked a fellow revolutionary for seemingly no reason, was disconnected so could not get in a ticket. Please do not attack your fellow team antagonists. Do appeal this on the forums if this note is made in error.

Your previous action was ignored because you've done too many in a second
x17

Admin message left by San7890 on 2022-07-05 05:38:30
Hey there, it appears that you were attacking a fellow revolutionary in an earlier round. You disconnected before I could bwoink you (which is fine), but I have noted you. It would be appreciated if you could appeal this on the forums at viewtopic.php?f=7&t=44 .

Time ban was placed: 2022-07-05 05:36:59
Server you were playing on when banned: Sybil
Round ID in which ban was placed: 186092
Your side of the story: I joined and was converted to rev. I then engaged in 3 combatish type events:
1. throwing a metal-wall making grenade at a group of non-rev security guards, then getting beaten a bit before escaping. I got a harpoon launched at me.
2. Attacking one non-rev (I checked. I only noticed him in the first place due to the lack of R above his head) in medbay with an air tank. He escaped because I'm terrible at combat
3. getting shot at and beaten by invisible non-revolutionaries while riding a conveyor belt. Despite trying to run away, this lead to my death.
Why you think you should be unbanned: I was not provided with enough information to even know what this was referring to.
References of good conduct: N/A
Anything else we should know: I only just came back to SS13 after a long (non-ban-related) break.
san7890
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: San7890
Github Username: san7890

Re: [San7890] Obrimos - Non-ban admin-requested post

Post by san7890 » #646087

Hey there, thanks for appealing.

It's impossible to know when an admin might want to get a hold of you for a ticket, so it's good that you came around to explain your side of story (albeit a bit after the fact). This portion of the logs is what I was referring to (I have filtered out to include only relevant ckeys):

https://tgstation13.org/raw-logs/sybil/ ... attack.log (non-admins can easily access parsed-logs via Scrubby here: https://scrubby.melonmesa.com/round/186092)

You were converted to the revolution here:

Code: Select all

[2022-07-05 04:56:22.149] ATTACK: Scriptis/(Brick Mortar) has flashed(targeted) Obrimos/(Gunner Treeby) with the flash (NEWHP: 100)  (Central Primary Hallway (126,120,2))
[2022-07-05 04:56:22.152] ATTACK: Obrimos/(Gunner Treeby) has been converted to the revolution! (Central Primary Hallway (127,120,2))
and this is where you attacked a fellow revolutionary:

[2022-07-05 05:16:41.300] ATTACK: Obrimos/(Gunner Treeby) has attacked CrackerJack.beta/(Arturo Beach) with oxygen tank (COMBAT MODE: 0) (DAMTYPE: BRUTE) (NEWHP: 90)  (Medbay Treatment Center (84,98,2))
[2022-07-05 05:16:42.246] ATTACK: Obrimos/(Gunner Treeby) has attacked CrackerJack.beta/(Arturo Beach) with oxygen tank (COMBAT MODE: 0) (DAMTYPE: BRUTE) (NEWHP: 80)  (Medbay Treatment Center (84,98,2))
[2022-07-05 05:16:43.267] ATTACK: Obrimos/(Gunner Treeby) has attacked CrackerJack.beta/(Arturo Beach) with oxygen tank (COMBAT MODE: 0) (DAMTYPE: BRUTE) (NEWHP: 70)  (Medbay Treatment Center (84,98,2))
[2022-07-05 05:16:46.857] ATTACK: Obrimos/(Gunner Treeby) has attacked CrackerJack.beta/(Arturo Beach) with oxygen tank (COMBAT MODE: 0) (DAMTYPE: BRUTE) (NEWHP: 60)  (Medbay Treatment Center (84,98,2))
[2022-07-05 05:16:47.695] ATTACK: Obrimos/(Gunner Treeby) has attacked CrackerJack.beta/(Arturo Beach) with oxygen tank (COMBAT MODE: 0) (DAMTYPE: BRUTE) (NEWHP: 50)  (Medbay Treatment Center (84,98,2))
who became a revolutionary here ( https://tgstation13.org/raw-logs/sybil/ ... 2/game.log ) and attack.log blended:

[2022-07-05 04:58:34.382] ATTACK: Lokuthewise/(Garrett Bobby Ferguson) has flashed(targeted) CrackerJack.beta/(Arturo Beach) with the flash (NEWHP: 100)  (Medbay Lobby (100,109,2))
[2022-07-05 04:58:34.385] GAME: CrackerJack.beta/(Arturo Beach) has gained antag datum �Revolutionary(/datum/antagonist/rev)
You didn't kill them, but you cut their health in half, effectively. Do you recall any reason for you doing this? According to the logs, it seems they were in-and-out of the server a lot, so it's likely they weren't able to defend themselves at this time.

Edit: Actually, is this the event you were referring to when you said:
2. Attacking one non-rev (I checked. I only noticed him in the first place due to the lack of R above his head) in medbay with an air tank. He escaped because I'm terrible at combat
That's pretty odd that you didn't see the R icon. That shift, I was getting a lot of reports in regards to deconverted revolutionaries seeing their antag HUDs still, so maybe there was some extra layer of oddness?
Simultaneously making both the best and worst jokes on the internet. I like looking at maps and code. Learn how to map today!. You may rate me here.
obrimos

Post by obrimos » #646146

That was the event I was referring to in 2, yes.

And as I mentioned, literally the only reason I noticed the guy existed in the first place was the lack of an R when it seemed like 90% of the station had already been converted before I even arrived on-station.
san7890
In-Game Game Master

Post by san7890 » #646188

Alright then, given all the information, it seems that you attacked them under the pretense that they were a non-revolutionary. I can live with believing you given all the reports I had about the antagonist HUDs being weird. While this does obviously contrast with the note I placed on you, it brings up something else that I would like to discuss you. You probably weren't aware since you self-admit to having taken a large break:

We're de-emphasizing the killing (you attacked them without any clear intent of killing, this is just the general statement) of non-revolutionary crewmembers as a revolutionary. While you are allowed to do this on Sybil, it's kinda dickish because if you kill them, it's much harder to convert them to your side. This is obviously not the case when they're killing your comrades (or are mindshielded!), but just keep that in mind going forward to not just immediately start bashing people's heads in with a tank. Just ensure it doesn't happen in the future. Does that make sense?
Simultaneously making both the best and worst jokes on the internet. I like looking at maps and code. Learn how to map today!. You may rate me here.
obrimos

Post by obrimos » #646320

Sure, makes sense. Honestly I always kind of found that part of Revs weird in the first place but chalked it up to mimicking the messiness of real revolutions plus general SS13 "There's no such thing as too much chaos"
san7890
In-Game Game Master

Post by san7890 » #646327

obrimos wrote: Sat Jul 09, 2022 12:17 am Sure, makes sense. Honestly I always kind of found that part of Revs weird in the first place but chalked it up to mimicking the messiness of real revolutions plus general SS13 "There's no such thing as too much chaos"
Yeah, it's just a weird thing that falls under the purview of "Don't be a dick." You can cause more chaos with more revolutionaries after all :D .

Anyways, you seem to understand what's going on here, and the note isn't really valid based on how you saw the situation. I will thus remove it entirely. Have a good weekend!