Thedragmeme-SKOOPIDY permanent appearance ban

Post by SKOOPIDY » #646062

(Thedragmeme)-SKOOPIDY

BYOND account:SKOOPIDY
Character name:Boss Moth
Ban type: Appearance
Ban length: Permanent
Ban reason: Note left by Thedragmeme on 2022-07-04 03:37:35
Banned from the server for 1 day - When asked to change their moth character name from "Boss moth" was given the option of making their character a gimmick character or picking a new name. Instead refused to do either of those and ghosted and logged off, quote "I once again will say if there is no compromise i will be ghosting, ive used this name as long as ive had byond installed and im not changing it now". With time standards change and while our naming policies are lax when an admin requests you do something you should probably do it.
Server you were playing on when banned:Manuel
Round ID in which ban was placed:Was yesterday can’t find it
Your side of the story: I get an admin message saying to change my name, I’m confused considering I’ve had this name for a week or two and the admin who at the time was only administrator gave me the vague words of “standards change” of course I am confused by this and since I’ve had this name for awhile over multiple servers I’m not budging, they completely paralyze me mid talk and I get brung to medical where I suddenly DC and thought I was banned so I didn’t bother trying to rejoin, I did say in my last ahelp that if I have to declare my character a gimmick character I will, this was a minute or two before I got banned
Why you think you should be unbanned: I feel an appearance ban that is PERMANENT for a minor infraction that happened over the span of 20 minutes with no insults being hurled is just outrageous and completely unjustified.
Drag
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Thedragmeme

Re: Thedragmeme-SKOOPIDY permanent appearance ban

Post by Drag » #646063

Round ID: 186028

Firstly I'm going to pick at a few things.
I’m confused considering I’ve had this name for a week or two
Due to naming policy being so lax it really doesn't matter how long you hold a name for, naming policy is heavily on a admins discretion. Your name essentially boiled down to (Insert Adjective) Moth. That's a frankly low effort name and I requested you either change it or pick a gimmick.

Speaking of, here is the ticket in question:

From Ticket #3 during round 186028 on Manuel
Ticket opened at 2022-07-04 03:17:52 by thedragmeme
Log:
03:17:52: Ticket Opened by-thedragmeme: Hey there! Are you aware of our naming policy? While its very lax Im leaning more on the "you should change it" side right now. Also this: (WHISPER) "so there isnt really a ni" Looks hyper sus to me. Try not to do that.
03:18:22: Reply from-skoopidy: that was a typo that was nmeant to be so there isnt really a no
03:18:57: Reply from-thedragmeme: Works for me! Id like you to take a second to pick a new name for your moth character though!
03:19:39: Reply from-skoopidy: id rather just not play...ive been using this name for hears and youre the first person in my couple weeks of playing with an issue with it
03:22:14: Reply from-thedragmeme: I mean with time standards change, unless your character is a full on gimmick character Id like to see a new name. If you can provide me with a character name then I dont have a problem
03:22:27: Reply from-thedragmeme: *character gimmick
03:22:51: Reply from-skoopidy: i really dont care, ill be ghosting if this is an issue as this is just kinda...dumb?
03:24:16: Reply from-thedragmeme: I mean if you dont care then theres no issue with changing the name either, right? Im just asking for a new name if your character isnt a gimmick character.
03:24:51: Reply from-skoopidy: when i say i dont care i mean that i really dont care about the standard change as this feels targeted
03:25:21: Reply from-skoopidy: and therefore once again, if there will be no comrpimise i will be ghosting
03:26:16: Reply from-thedragmeme: Well Im not targeting you, so. You still havent told me if this character is a gimmick character or not. If its a gimmick character that acts like some kind of mob boss or the like then its fine. If not pick a non gimmick name. That is the situation at present.
03:27:24: Reply from-skoopidy: I once again will say if there is no compromise i will be ghosting, ive used this name as long as ive had byond installed and im not changing it now
03:29:38: Reply from-thedragmeme: Alright well, Im asking you to change the name and you are refusing to do so. I dont think anything Ive said is unreasonable but I will be applying a day ban for you to review our rules again if you choose to ghost instead of just either making your character a gimmick character or picking a new name.
03:30:23: Reply from-skoopidy: have a goodnight pal, not gonna change it unless i can get around this by just saying its a gimmick character i dont want it.
03:33:53: Client disconnected
03:33:54: Thedragmeme/(Vex Petunia-Licht) has created a temporary 1 day server ban for SKOOPIDY.
03:33:55: Resolved by Thedragmeme
I’ve had this name for awhile over multiple servers
Dosent matter, this is TG. Not those other multiple servers.
completely paralyze me mid talk
Factually incorrect, you rolled a brain trauma. I can not provide logs as I am not at my computer currently(I will provide logs later if nobody else does) but that was not my doing.
that if I have to declare my character a gimmick character I will
This completely contradicts the conversation we had in the ticket, which is it? Are you either going to change the name, make your character a gimmick character, or are you going to keep refusing to do what I asked?
PERMANENT for a minor infraction that happened over the span of 20 minutes with no insults being hurled is just outrageous and completely unjustified.
You completely refused to cooperate with me and refused to do what I asked, this on its own it enough to warrant a punishment of this scale. Character customization is not a fundamental right and it will be taken away if you refuse to listen to an admin who is asking you to change something. As stated before naming policy is completely discretionary and I specifically took an issue with your moth name.

Before anyone tells me to look at the cases of Soup and Casket I hate both of those names with a burning passion, if it was up to me neither of these names would be allowed.

I'm more wanting to know what it is you exactly want to do, you have too many contradictions for me to adequately make a call. Are you going to alter the name, refuse to alter it, or achieve a compromise by making it a gimmick character?
SKOOPIDY
Byond Username: SKOOPIDY

Post by SKOOPIDY » #646064

I literally said I’d make it a gimmick character do you not have eyes
Vekter
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Vekter

Post by Vekter » #646065

I looked over the logs, for reasons I don't really understand the game logs when the event rolls, but not who gets targeted by the event. Logs do, however, confirm that the event ran at around 3:23 UTC, which was during the ticket while you two were talking.
[2022-07-04 03:23:54.886] GAME: 03:23:54.886] GAME: Random Event triggering: Spontaneous Brain Trauma (/datum/round_event/brain_trauma)
AliasTakuto wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:11 pm As for the ear replacing stuff, you can ask Anne but I don't think this is what I was banned for. If I was all I can say is "Sorry for being hilarious"...
Omega_DarkPotato wrote:This sucks, dude.
Spoiler:
Reply PM from-REDACTED/(REDACTED): i tried to remove the bruises by changing her gender

PM: Bluespace->Delaron: Nobody wants a mime's asscheeks farting on their brig windows.

PM: REDACTED->HotelBravoLima: Oh come on, knowing that these are hostile aliens is metagaming

[17:43] <Aranclanos> any other question ping me again
[17:43] <Vekter> Aranclanos for nicest coder 2015
[17:44] <Aranclanos> fuck you
Drag
In-Game Admin

Post by Drag » #646066

SKOOPIDY wrote: Tue Jul 05, 2022 4:12 pm I literally said I’d make it a gimmick character do you not have eyes
I dunno, do you wanna address any of the contradictions I pointed out?
SKOOPIDY

Post by SKOOPIDY » #646088

I don’t know how to fucking quote nor do I have any intentions to so:

“I'm more wanting to know what it is you exactly want to do, you have too many contradictions for me to adequately make a call. Are you going to alter the name, refuse to alter it, or achieve a compromise by making it a gimmick character?“

I am going to say for the third time I wanted to make it a GIMMICK CHARACTER making sure to put it in caps since it just doesn’t seem to be hitting right :)
Drag
In-Game Admin

Post by Drag » #646097

SKOOPIDY wrote: Tue Jul 05, 2022 8:02 pm I don’t know how to fucking quote nor do I have any intentions to so:

“I'm more wanting to know what it is you exactly want to do, you have too many contradictions for me to adequately make a call. Are you going to alter the name, refuse to alter it, or achieve a compromise by making it a gimmick character?“

I am going to say for the third time I wanted to make it a GIMMICK CHARACTER making sure to put it in caps since it just doesn’t seem to be hitting right :)
I heard you the first time, you seem to be not getting my point of me telling you to address the several conflicting points you've given me in your appeal. Your appeal vs the ticket I had with you completely conflicts one another, on your appeal you present the situation like you didn't get to finish speaking with me and you originally told me that you would opt for a character gimmick when the ticket I provided showed that you didn't. I would like you to address that because I take severe issue with the implications of how the facts in this case were misrepresented.
Drag
In-Game Admin

Post by Drag » #646101

Words that have been said above!
As an addition, I'll happily remove the appearance ban for the gimmick character compromise. However, I still find the conflicting information very concerning so I would like that addressed. I have been approached and asked why I have an issue with "Boss Moth" specifically and it's for what I said before. To me it's low effort (Insert Adjective) Moth with nothing else that really adds to anything, it feels more reserved for a character gimmick like "Strange Moth" who is a character who doesn't actually have a name and their entire gimmick is trying to figure out what their name should be. It's why I don't like names that just separate one word into a first and last name format.

Do I think the current name ruling from 2018 could use some work? Yea. But at current, as I said, my main concern is the contradictions.
Off Topic
It's why I also take issue with "Soup" as a moth name as well, it could be better and it could tie in with a food gimmick. Soup 100% missed an opportunity to make a soup and side pun.
SKOOPIDY

Post by SKOOPIDY » #646131

Drag wrote: Tue Jul 05, 2022 10:10 pm
SKOOPIDY wrote: Tue Jul 05, 2022 8:02 pm I don’t know how to fucking quote nor do I have any intentions to so:

I heard you the first time, you seem to be not getting my point of me telling you to address the several conflicting points you've given me in your appeal. Your appeal vs the ticket I had with you completely conflicts one another, on your appeal you present the situation like you didn't get to finish speaking with me and you originally told me that you would opt for a character gimmick when the ticket I provided showed that you didn't. I would like you to address that because I take severe issue with the implications of how the facts in this case were misrepresented.
First off, I do feel I didn’t get to finish because I don’t know why, but I randomly got DC’d and kinda just assumed that I got banned

Second off, in the last words I said in the ticket I did say I was willing to make it a gimmick character
Drag
In-Game Admin

Post by Drag » #646136

SKOOPIDY wrote: Wed Jul 06, 2022 5:30 am
Drag wrote: Tue Jul 05, 2022 10:10 pm

First off, I do feel I didn’t get to finish because I don’t know why, but I randomly got DC’d and kinda just assumed that I got banned

Second off, in the last words I said in the ticket I did say I was willing to make it a gimmick character
You were disconnected for that reason, yes. I do apologize for being hasty. I believed you to be done with the conversation due to this statement:
03:30:23: Reply from-skoopidy: have a goodnight pal, not gonna change it unless i can get around this by just saying its a gimmick character i dont want it.
I can see where you said that you were willing to compromise but it's immediately followed by "i don't want it" which ended up being fairly confusing. That line is also started with "have a goodnight pal" which is where I made the assumption you were done with this ticket. On both sides, the situation was a mess, but after reviewing some headmin rulings the situation is mostly on me, I failed to take into account moth naming conventions which can be boiled down to "Moths only have names because humans want them to so their names can sometimes be really dumb because moths don't see a real need for names". This was kinda buried under a few threads. This means Boss Moth is actually valid for a moth name
Off Topic
and so is Soup.
. I got overly concerned reading your appeal because I felt there were a lot of contradictions. However, they're just misunderstandings. I've removed the appearance ban and the notes associated with this incident. I cannot do much for the time wasted because of the ban other than offer an apology.