Post by celularLAmp » #646184

BYOND account: Celulamp
Character name: Goat Feet
Ban type: Just a note
Ban length: N/A
Ban reason: "Asked to use a more human name than "Goat Feet""
Time ban was placed: 1:55:31
Round ID in which ban was placed: 186081
Your side of the story: I used Goat Feet as name got noted for it.
Why you think you should be unnoted : I think the name "Goat Feets" Is understandable as HOP considering there is a guy that is named Pete Feets and he plays captain, the goat part is not that out of place when people have names of animals as first names in real life. People have Fox or Hawk or Newt in their names.
References of good conduct: Compare note amount to hours played. Also used to play Yogstation.
Anything else we should know: Link to note: https://atlantaned.space/banbus/mytickets/186081/3 I have no issue with the admin or how we talked I just want to use the name and if it's really not allowed then whatever i'll just use the main name i use.
iain0
In-Game Admin Trainer
Byond Username: Iain0

Re: [iain3] CeluLamp - No Goat Feet

Post by iain0 » #646186

Hi there,

Firstly a couple of general notes about naming policy ; it's notoriously subjective to admin interpretation of what is and isn't a good name, so I would expect split opinions on most naming policy things. Secondly we usually have an internal rule saying that what you use as a name goes until someone has some issue with it, so unless there's an strong majority sense that I overstepped here I'm unlikely to change my position.

Pete is at least a normal human name, as is fox and hawk ( source : go to google and type in 'is <word> a human name' - for all these three it will give some results about naming statistics ). Goat, is not (and produces search results about the animal of the name, and an acryonym for me).

Feet is probably not a good surname for anyone to be using, however when I see "Pete Feet" I think of a weird human name at least, when I see "Goat Feet" I .... don't.

I often like to ask the counter point question too ; given the wide array of better naming choices, is there actually a good reason you want this specific name, other than "I saw a guy called Pete Feet so..."?

Thanks
celularLAmp
Byond Username: Celulamp

Post by celularLAmp » #646193

iain0 wrote: Thu Jul 07, 2022 1:45 am snip
Its more of the goat part I want to keep im ok with changing the feet part. I mainly play as "Junaiper Values" Which is a weird name in itself, I think goat is funny because goats are funny animals the feet part I Just added onto because I had a habit of using goatfeet or goatbur/goatber as my name because that's what I had my alternate human name set to for terry since I didn't play it much. (when I join a server I most of the time just rush and fillout the settings I didn't ever actually hear of pete feets until later) I've been playing terry more and I got accustomed to the weird goat first name. Like I said if I can't name myself with anything involving goat that's fine i'll just use Junaiper!
iain0
In-Game Admin Trainer

Post by iain0 » #646303

Sorry, goat is the part I dislike more, doesn't seem to be a real name and sits adjacent to a bunch of other weird names based on animals. Mr. Horse 'Battery' Staple.

Could play it as a clown, and maybe play into it (whatever that means, something about how goats are actually funny, though their passive random-hostile behaviour in game does amuse me, maybe ask god for a goat if you do that, but maybe be clear about not doing anything weird about ... goat feet ... because feet is just a cursed word too)
celularLAmp
Byond Username: Celulamp

Post by celularLAmp » #646305

iain0 wrote: Fri Jul 08, 2022 6:11 pm Sorry, goat is the part I dislike more, doesn't seem to be a real name and sits adjacent to a bunch of other weird names based on animals. Mr. Horse 'Battery' Staple.

Could play it as a clown, and maybe play into it (whatever that means, something about how goats are actually funny, though their passive random-hostile behaviour in game does amuse me, maybe ask god for a goat if you do that, but maybe be clear about not doing anything weird about ... goat feet ... because feet is just a cursed word too)
I've NEVER talked about feet in game and I WIll never

I could just steal pete the chefs goat

wait pete... PETE FEETS it all wraps around..

so I can just be named goat as clown and that's fine? but not as anything else that's fine :)
iain0
In-Game Admin Trainer

Post by iain0 » #646323

fine with me, clowns are super relaxed on naming :)
Timberpoes
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Timberpoes

Post by Timberpoes » #646351

Since I'm immune to peanut policy I will sorta chime in to explain that, historically, Mimes and Clowns get muchos relaxed naming conventions.

Mimes and Clowns get an "entertainer" name pass and sit very closely to Wizards in the kind of shennanigans they can pull with naming. That's actually why your prefs get alternative names for clowns and mimes. Hilariously enough, one of the random Clown names that can roll is "Shithead The Irritator". That should give you some idea in naming flexibility for these jobs.

Usually (but not always) Clown and Mime names don't get pulled up for review unless they break some other server rule like being too ock icky or bigoted or whatever.
/tg/station Codebase Maintainer
/tg/station Game Master/Discord Jannie: Feed me back in my thread.
/tg/station Admin Trainer: Service guarantees citizenship. Would you like to know more?
Feb 2022-Sep 2022 Host Vote Headmin
Mar 2023-Sep 2023 Admin Vote Headmin