[DISCORD] Typhnox#7258

Appeals which have been closed.
Imitates-The-Lizards
Byond Username: Typhnox

[DISCORD] Typhnox#7258

Post by Imitates-The-Lizards » #648301

Discord username: Typhnox#7258
Commonly used names: Alice Heart
Ban reason: According to the warning I was given by a bot: "Consistently causes large amounts of community drama by defending lolicon."
Time ban was placed: 8/2/2022, 2:22pm Pacific
Your side of the story: I was chatting away in the political containment discord channel, literally arguing for about an hour and a half to two hours for an age of consent increase to 25, before I suddenly started getting pinged and accused of being a pedo (Yeah, you explain to me how that works, because I don't get it either). Suddenly, everyone in the tgstation general channel was up in arms calling for me to be lynched while spamming a youtube video. I was told by Timberpoes to back off of the situation, so, beyond defending myself from one or two last extremely egregious out of context quotes from myself (I believe they were posted by Tgent007), I said I was told to step out, so I stepped out and went to bed. Now that I'm up, im booted off the Discord.
Why you think you should be unbanned: Because it's incredibly obvious I didn't cause the drama, and this was a blatant hit piece against me. Why? Because they literally took the time to stalk me, gather any and all quotes that had anything vaguely to relate with sexuality in any way, and frame that as if I'm a pedo. In the youtube video in question, for example, is me arguing that I think Rule 8 is silly because this is an over-18 server - innocuous enough on it's own, but when paired against my comment in the past on the forums regarding lolicon (Which I have already said to Timberpoes I agreed with my initial forum warn for) along with a funny laugh track, it's used to make me look like a sex pest.

It's very obvious that this was done by a certain group of friends on here who were upset how phillip thomas' ban appeal turned out. They put together this video, and all started spamming it together at the same time to make it look like I'm a pedo, and then, I actually got banned, even though I only made one or two comments in my defense after THEY started the drama. If the admin team wants to argue that when the video started getting posted, I should have just immediately stopped typing anything except to ping discord mods to stop them, I mean, okay, that's a bit unrealistic, I want to protect my reputation just like anyone else, but sure, I could accept that, so long as my ban is only like a week or something, because a permaban for defending myself from ridiculous accusations on the grounds of drama is a fair bit draconian.
Imitates-The-Lizards

Re: [DISCORD] Typhnox#7258

Post by Imitates-The-Lizards » #648435

By the way, just to add on to the fact that I did NOT start all this drama, here's the screenshot of the message of Tgent007 starting off this conversation by digging up this old drama by posting the witch-hunting video to the discord:
unknown (1).png
And here's Tgent007 summoning me to the tgstation-general in order to defend myself:
unknown.png
So, basically what I'm saying is, you have 100% banned the wrong person for drama-stirring.
Hulkamania
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Hulkamania

Post by Hulkamania » #648445

For the record, punishments were not only issued to you. Other people involved in this incident also had actions taken against them.

Also, the banning admin was melbert and as this has caused a lot of discussion internally I would not necessarily expect an expedient reply.
Imitates-The-Lizards

Post by Imitates-The-Lizards » #648446

Hulkamania wrote: Wed Aug 03, 2022 6:55 pm For the record, punishments were not only issued to you. Other people involved in this incident also had actions taken against them.
While that does make me feel better, according to the message I received from the discord bot, my ban reason is for causing drama. So, my preceding post is still highly relevant, seeing as how I am not the one who caused the drama.
Hulkamania wrote: Wed Aug 03, 2022 6:55 pmAlso, the banning admin was melbert and as this has caused a lot of discussion internally I would not necessarily expect an expedient reply.
No problem. In fact, take your time. I have full faith in the headmin team to pore over the evidence and approach this logically and come to the conclusion that I did not start this whole mess, because it does not make sense that I would want to start a bunch of drama that centers on having myself being hated, and also the fact that I didn't make a witch-hunting video about myself, and also I'm not the one who posted it to the Discord, and also, and also, and also...
Vekter
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Vekter

Post by Vekter » #648465

I'm locking this until Melbert wants to respond. Sensitive topic.
AliasTakuto wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:11 pm As for the ear replacing stuff, you can ask Anne but I don't think this is what I was banned for. If I was all I can say is "Sorry for being hilarious"...
Omega_DarkPotato wrote:This sucks, dude.
Spoiler:
Reply PM from-REDACTED/(REDACTED): i tried to remove the bruises by changing her gender

PM: Bluespace->Delaron: Nobody wants a mime's asscheeks farting on their brig windows.

PM: REDACTED->HotelBravoLima: Oh come on, knowing that these are hostile aliens is metagaming

[17:43] <Aranclanos> any other question ping me again
[17:43] <Vekter> Aranclanos for nicest coder 2015
[17:44] <Aranclanos> fuck you
mrmelbert
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Mr Melbert

Post by mrmelbert » #648998

Hi.

I was the banning admin, and this ban is of indeterminate length (Permanent, appealable in a year).

I understand that you didn't personally spark any of the drama, and I apologize that a lynch mob incited this whole event.
As Hulk said, some of the folk involved in stirring the pot have been talked to as well.
(For anyone reading, if you have concerns like this about another community member, *please* go through the proper channels with the admin team to raise them, rather than do whatever this was.)

That being said, we don't want people defending 'lolicon' anywhere whatsoever in our community.
Not in the discord, not the on forums, and not in game.

Upon reviewing your discord logs, I don't have any intention on lifting this ban.
I don't have much faith in your ability to keep yourself out of drama, especially related to the topic at hand.

At the end of this day, this is a community centered around a niche funny space roleplaying game, and that kind of discussion doesn't serve a purpose here. Our admins don't want it and our players don't want it.

I also *roughly* reviewed the last 600 or so rounds of in game logs from you and found nothing that immediately stuck out, which is why this ban wasn't mirrored in game. However, I will mention that if you continue to argue for this kind of stuff in other avenues, such as the forums or in game, we will not hesitate to remove you from those as well. It's simply not an acceptable topic - we don't care for it.
Admin: December 2020 - Present
Code Maintainer: December 2021 - Present
Head Admin: Feburary 2022 - September 2022
Youtube Guy: sometimes

Imitates-The-Lizards

Post by Imitates-The-Lizards » #649039

mrmelbert wrote: Mon Aug 08, 2022 1:59 am Hi.

I was the banning admin, and this ban is of indeterminate length (Permanent, appealable in a year).

I understand that you didn't personally spark any of the drama, and I apologize that a lynch mob incited this whole event.
As Hulk said, some of the folk involved in stirring the pot have been talked to as well.
(For anyone reading, if you have concerns like this about another community member, *please* go through the proper channels with the admin team to raise them, rather than do whatever this was.)

That being said, we don't want people defending 'lolicon' anywhere whatsoever in our community.
Not in the discord, not the on forums, and not in game.

Upon reviewing your discord logs, I don't have any intention on lifting this ban.
I don't have much faith in your ability to keep yourself out of drama, especially related to the topic at hand.

At the end of this day, this is a community centered around a niche funny space roleplaying game, and that kind of discussion doesn't serve a purpose here. Our admins don't want it and our players don't want it.

I also *roughly* reviewed the last 600 or so rounds of in game logs from you and found nothing that immediately stuck out, which is why this ban wasn't mirrored in game. However, I will mention that if you continue to argue for this kind of stuff in other avenues, such as the forums or in game, we will not hesitate to remove you from those as well. It's simply not an acceptable topic - we don't care for it.
I understand what you're saying, and like I said in the peanut thread on this topic - I was wrong for bringing this topic on to the forums (and therefore into the community). If you feel like the forum warning I got was not sufficient for that action, and therefore maintaining this ban is necessary, then, that's okay. My primary concern was the server anyway, not the Discord - I just didn't want this drama to spread to the server where my conduct has always been more or less impeccable.

It's fair that upon reviewing my discord logs you felt I wouldn't stay out of this topic - even though I've since admitted I was wrong, that's only 1 interaction past probably dozens of more interactions on said topic in the politics channel.

I'll just keep my head down and play some spacemans. After thinking about it, I dont think I'll even bother appealing this after a year, the discord isnt very important. We'll see, I guess, but right now im not planning to.

I consider this matter acceptably resolved, and am quite pleased with the outcome.