[harricross] EmpressMaia/Maia Roentgen | permanent antag ban for attempting to hijack the shuttle

Appeals which have been closed.
EmpressMaia
Byond Username: EmpressMaia

[harricross] EmpressMaia/Maia Roentgen | permanent antag ban for attempting to hijack the shuttle

Post by EmpressMaia » #648776

BYOND account: empressmaia
Character name: Maia Roentgen
Ban type: Abductor, Xenomorph, Blob, Blood Brother, Changeling, Cultist, Heretic, Hivemind Host, Malf AI, Space Ninja, Operative, Syndicate Mutineer, Revolutionary, Revenant, Head Revolutionary, Spider, Syndicate, Traitor, Wizard
Ban length: Permanent
Ban reason: (MRP) As a traitor shaft miner, spaced the emergency shuttle using X-4, killing or critting a majority of the crew. Has already been noted/banned multiple times for either murderbone or non-antagonist antagonistic behaviour.
Time ban was placed: 2022-08-05 23:10:54
Server you were playing on when banned: Manuel
Round ID in which ban was placed: 187982
Your side of the story: I spawned in as a traitor miner and screwed around on lavaland all shift, all of a sudden the shuttle gets called because apparently a plasma flood happened in atmos, i look at my 20TC and 200 rep and say fuck it, lets hijack, i ran to the chapel and 3 other (presumably) traitors told me they wanted a way to the bridge of the shuttle, i was already planning on buying explosives to get in and slapped an X4 onto the chapel window parrallel to the bridge, when it didnt gen through enough i slapped another down and breached it, i drove the people in there out and started hijacking, got spaced, got back to the shuttle, tried to hijack again, stabbed a few people trying to stop me, and then got bwoinked for murderbone and copped a permanent antag ban, i understand this could be frustrating for some of the players onboard the shuttle but my goal was to hijack, and i didnt (murderbone) i didnt go out of my way to kill a bunch of people, i only attacked those who posed a direct threat to me on the shuttle except for a doctor i accidentally stabbed.
Why you think you should be unbanned: « Fill this in on your own! »I didnt do murderbone, i didnt go out of my way to kill as many as i could with no justification, i understand that i had (little) justification, but i wanted to hijack, and i hadn't seen a successful hijack all day and thought it would be fun. if deciding to hijack the shuttle itself constitutes as murderbone, id ask why its still available to traitors when its obvious bait to get banned
References of good conduct: « Fill this in on your own! » The round a few rounds before this banning round where i got wizard and rp'd very well, attempting to make a D&D party but failed due to sec shooting me alot and getting over zealous when taking vengence
Part of this appeal was generated by Banbus 0.14.0

Even if this appeal gets accepted i wont be playing antags for a while, im starting to realize im burnt out, i just dont wanna (never) be able to play fun antags again on a server i hold dearly and made very fun memories on.

Id be content with a 3-5 day server ban honestly, i need the time off spess game
Harricross
Byond Username: Harricross

Re: [harricross] EmpressMaia/Maia Roentgen | permanent antag ban for attempting to hijack the shuttle

Post by Harricross » #648780

Hi, thanks for making an appeal.

To cut things short, I'm willing to change this ban to a week server wide ban in addition to a month ban on antagonists without murderbone passes such as traitors, changelings and heretics. You can read further if you feel like you need an explanation as to why this ban was made into a permanent antagonist one.

This ban was applied mainly because you spaced the bridge of the emergency shuttle which had no airlock leading to the rest of it being depressurized in transit. By the time the shuttle landed, a majority of the people on it were in critical or dead. There was nothing wrong with defending yourself by hijacking the shuttle and the act of it itself isn't what caused the ban. However, the results of that action lead to the deaths of many when a shuttle hijacking could have occurred without wiping out the crew. With 800hrs+ and multiple rounds of playing as a traitor or nuclear operative, you should know that X-4 causes breaches on the tile it's on.

In short, the action is fine, the method was not.

The reason this ban was harsh was because you've accumulated fifteen negative notes with over half being high severity. Additionally, you received an antagonist ban yesterday for bad faith killing as a heretic where you decapitated a paramedic minding their own business for their eyes when there were monkey organs already strewed across the halls after a monkey flood. After hiding the brain, you only returned it to med bay after prompt from us, which would've been effectively round removal for the paramedic should we have not intervened.

It was made an antagonist ban instead of a server ban because I can see you do contribute to the server positively at times when you aren't causing widespread death, but unfortunately - there's only so much leeway that can be given before a ban has to be applied.

Please let me know if these terms are agreeable and I'll change them as soon as I see the post.
EmpressMaia

Re: [harricross] EmpressMaia/Maia Roentgen | permanent antag ban for attempting to hijack the shuttle

Post by EmpressMaia » #648783

thank you for your speedy reply, id like to say that the killing of that paramedic was not without reason, they found my hideout and a corpse of my targets, thank you for your understandingness with me and leeiencey. im trying to be a better player
EmpressMaia

Post by EmpressMaia » #648870

and yes i find the alternative ban fine