Kaitar
Byond Username: Kaitar

[<Harricross >] Kaitar - Appearance Ban

Post by Kaitar » #653541

BYOND account: Kaitar
Character name: Richard ManMeat
Ban type: Role: Appearance
Ban length: Permanent
Ban reason: Banned from Roles: Appearance permanently - Refused to give a name unrelated to dicks after being asked to change it from, "Richard ManMeat." When pressed for a more suitable name that doesn't have dicks in it, offered the name, "Richard Scienceman." Continued to argue about it rather than give any sort of name before defaulting back into another dick related name.
Time ban was placed: 2022-10-03 01:49:17
Server you were playing on when banned: Manuel
Round ID in which ban was placed: Round 191638
Your side of the story: Being argumentative because I didn't want to change my name :) I just wanted to be funny to other players.
Why you think you should be unbanned: I'm ready to change my name to be compliant with the rules.
References of good conduct:
Anything else we should know: Why can one of the admins (not sure name) have the last name of "Unfunnyman"? I was told I could not have the name "Richard Scienceman" as that was not compliant with the rules. Not looking to argue, just looking to get unbanned. Thanks for your time.
Harricross
Byond Username: Harricross

Re: [<Harricross >] Kaitar - Appearance Ban

Post by Harricross » #653544

Hi, thanks for making an appeal.

I'll lift the ban whenever I next get on or if another admin wishes to do it before I do, but please keep in mind to pick a name that doesn't involve dicks.

Naming policy is unfortunately subjective per admin, some admins will be fine with somewhat low-effort names that are at the bare minimum incorporated into something that sounds reasonable and other admins are not. However, this does not mean we cannot prevent egregious naming policies breaks that are low-effort or references to real life figures.

You're free to pursue a name that's funny or strange as a clown or mime as long as it isn't something gross or bigoted without any hassle from the admin team.

In regards to "Unfunnyman," other admins before my time haven't had any problems with it mainly because of older server history/culture revolving around a Captain gimmick with the name Funnyman which became normal and recognized throughout the regular Manuel player base. Generally once a name has become recognized without any woes from the vast majority of the player base for a long time, it'll be left alone as part of the server's culture.