Diax1324
Byond Username: DIAX12

[Riggle] Dorkus Hore - Decided to die on the Dorkus Hore hill

Post by Diax1324 » #655998

BYOND account: Diax1324
Character name: Dorkus Hore
Ban type: Permanent
Ban length: Permanent
Ban reason: Decided to die on the Dorkus Hore hill.
Time ban was placed: 3:41:34
Server you were playing on when banned: Manuel
Round ID in which ban was placed: R193925
Your side of the story: I was warned initially about a week ago about the name "Dorkus Hore". The admin was friendly and offered another name. I took it, and I was told to change my name. Due to the fact that I was given no note, I forgot to change my name. Second time, same thing. No note, no name change because I forgot. I changed my name on Bagil, but it didn't apply to Manuel, so I DID try to change my name. Third time, final warning, same thing. I forgot due to an eventful round and real life things going on. This time, admins straight up ban me from being able to change my appearance. Okay, I'll just change my name IC into Dorkus Hore. This is unacceptable, evidently. Despite players being named things that are equally (if not more) ridiculous, I am bwoinked immediately. What can I do? It's a real name. I don't really care about your sensibiltiies, its a real name. Stop bothering me. I fight for my name and I am permanently banned for plasmaflooding engineering.
Why you think you should be unbanned: Doarcus Hoar is a real name. How different is Dorkus Hore? I don't understand why this is literally worse than griefing for the admins. I figure if I'm going to be banned for something utterly ridiculous, I better do something ridiculous. I'll be hung for a sheep instead of a rabbit, so to say. The ban is frivolous. I will be Dorkus Hore no matter what. I'm not changing that. If you want me to change my name. keep me banned. I will figure out a way to be Dorkus Hore. If it's for the plasma flood, I am sorry, but if I am going to be banned for a stupid fucking name, I'd rather have a good reason to actually be banned. Saying that you'll ban me for an idiotic name change means that I'd rather commit terrorism against the station than accept that stupid reason.
References of good conduct: I have been capable of roleplaying and participating in the server. I am usually a shitter, with full honesty, but I Try to make my shitness have a degree of charm and humor to it, like suicide bombing for dumb reasons in the chapel or other areas that are uncommonly used to end a round, or playing as a funny character for the purpose of entertainment. I am not shitcurity, I don't ruin rare traitor rounds, and I rarely (if ever) cause issues in vital departments other than this one time. This ban was gotten on purpose as a protest for the bullshit regarding my name, that was made an issue far too late into me using it.
Anything else we should know: I have used this name for a while before I was advised that it was problematic. This was too late, and I think therefore bullshit. I've been using this name and having fun with it. People enjoyed making fun of it and teasing my character, and I therefore think it does nothing to cause people problems who otherwise are named things like "Maia Roentgen". Nobody is named that in real life, but people have actually been named Doarcus Hoar in real life. Dorkus Hore is a modern spelling. Deal with it.

I want to be who I chose to be. This is an insane thing for the admins to be distracted by. Go administrate Bagil, where I literally got gang murdered for no reason by greytiders. Get off of my Manuel if all you are going to do is sit around and wait for a name you don't like to abuse. I knowingly released plasma to protest the treatment of my name. Go away, I am going to be Dorkus Hore whether you like it or not.
Diax1324
Byond Username: DIAX12

Re: [Riggle] Dorkus Hore - Decided to die on the Dorkus Hore hill

Post by Diax1324 » #655999

Dorkus Hore Dorkus Hore Dorkus Hore Dorkus Hore I am Dorkus Hore and there aint nothing to say about it - Dorkus Hore, Dorkus Hore. Yknow Dorkus? Who? Dorkus Hore. Dorkus Hore is the name, protesting the ban is the game. Dorkus Hore.

See how it just flows off of the tongue? Dorkus Hore. Dorkus - Hore.

Hore. Dorkus. Dorkus Hore. Dorkus. Hore. Hore Dorkus. Dorkus Hore.

Dorkus.

Hore.

Dorkus Hore.
Riggle
Global Moderator
Byond Username: Riggle

Post by Riggle » #656013

Hiya, thanks for appealing! I hope that by the time you're reading my reply you're sober.

First off all I'll preface this that you haven't been permabanned because of the name, you've been permabanned because four admins and I tried to be very lenient with you and offered you every possible chance to turn back and you didn't. To quote you directly: "No Literally I am the worst person to ask "Are you going to die on this hill?" Yes. Yes I am." (new lines were replaced by a space)

I understand that changing your name can suck. People might not recognise you anymore, even if your appearance and clothes of choice might stay the same. I get it, I really do. Unfortunately for you, you took the most counterproductive way possible. You've successfully turned a ticket that you started yourself into a permaban. Impressive.
► Show Spoiler
As you can see you didn't only start the ticket and with it the conversation, you also kept it going. I wasn't going to do anything but you kept INSISTING that you will keep using the name and kept saying you want to die on the hill. You also attempted to plasmaflood engineering with a singular tank of plasma and grief Sybil just before being banned which made me decide a perma was appropriate.

Let's now consider your history and what you said in the appeal.
Diax1324 wrote: Tue Nov 08, 2022 4:00 am I was warned initially about a week ago about the name "Dorkus Hore". The admin was friendly and offered another name. I took it, and I was told to change my name. Due to the fact that I was given no note, I forgot to change my name.
On the 21st of October you were contacted by PositiveEntropy where he asked you to change your name. The name you chose was "Weebil Smithies". This is the first admin you interacted with. The ticket can be viewed by admins in two parts here and here.
Diax1324 wrote: Tue Nov 08, 2022 4:00 am Second time, same thing. No note, no name change because I forgot.
3 days later you were contacted by AyamePup. This time you were in fact noted for it. The note reads: "Was asked to change his name (again) from Dorkus Hore". Ticket link
Diax1324 wrote: Tue Nov 08, 2022 4:00 am I changed my name on Bagil, but it didn't apply to Manuel, so I DID try to change my name.
You did in fact change your name to "Raide D. Armonny" on Bagil.
Diax1324 wrote: Tue Nov 08, 2022 4:00 am Third time, final warning, same thing.
This is not true in the slightest. Not only were you noted (the note, quoted: "Asked to change his name for a third time from 'Dorkus Hore'. Changed it to Weevil Smithies."), Pumpkin0 said, and I quote: "Change it in your preferences now, please? Just take a moment to uh, change it in your prefs - and I'll change it ingame to whatever you need.". You were asked to directly change it right there on the spot as this was your third warning. Ticket link
Pumpkin0 wrote: I put them on the spot and asked them to change it directly, right in the moment, so that he wouldn't forget again (since it had been becoming a problem), and made absolutely sure with him that he'd changed it
In which he then gave me a name, so I (reasonably) assumed that he had gone through and changed it to Weebil Smithies, which he had very much agreed to in the past (and was agreeing to here)
I also gave him a note which reflected this, and even specified that this was about the third time, and that it was being changed to weebil smithies (again)
Diax1324 wrote: Tue Nov 08, 2022 4:00 am I forgot due to an eventful round and real life things going on.
After being asked to change it on the spot?
Diax1324 wrote: Tue Nov 08, 2022 4:00 am This time, admins straight up ban me from being able to change my appearance.
You were warned three times already. This was to be expected. As I said in our ticket you could have just appealed this ban and gotten it removed very quickly. Ticket link
Diax1324 wrote: Tue Nov 08, 2022 4:00 am Despite players being named things that are equally (if not more) ridiculous, I am bwoinked immediately.
The naming policy is extremely inconsistent. Unfortunately it's up to either the admin who first ruled on or the headmins it to overrule it. See Dreary Doom
Diax1324 wrote: Tue Nov 08, 2022 4:00 am I don't really care about your sensibiltiies, its a real name. Stop bothering me.
I didn't bother you at all, I even helped you out. You started and kept the conversation going. Again, ruling on if it's a valid name or not is not up to me.
Diax1324 wrote: Tue Nov 08, 2022 4:00 am I fight for my name and I am permanently banned for plasmaflooding engineering.
You were banned because I have no confidence that you'll listen to anyone about anything. You yourself said that you will continue to bother us and everyone around you about it. I don't think anybody needs that in their lives.
Diax1324 wrote: Tue Nov 08, 2022 4:00 am Doarcus Hoar is a real name. How different is Dorkus Hore? I don't understand why this is literally worse than griefing for the admins. I figure if I'm going to be banned for something utterly ridiculous, I better do something ridiculous. I'll be hung for a sheep instead of a rabbit, so to say.
I'm not here to discuss if Dorkus Hore is an acceptable name or not. I wasn't the one who placed the original note and I have no power to overturn that decision.
Diax1324 wrote: Tue Nov 08, 2022 4:00 am The ban is frivolous.
Please refer to what I wrote above and am about to write below.
Diax1324 wrote: Tue Nov 08, 2022 4:00 am People enjoyed making fun of it and teasing my character, and I therefore think it does nothing to cause people problems who otherwise are named things like "Maia Roentgen".
I don't understand how this is a good example. Maia is quite a common and widely accepted first name. Roentgen (or Röntgen) is a normal but now a bit less common surname. You may know it from the unit of exposure to ionising radiation. It shares its name with a German scientist who discovered X-Rays.
Diax1324 wrote: Tue Nov 08, 2022 4:00 am Nobody is named that in real life, but people have actually been named Doarcus Hoar in real life.
People have also been named Ben Dover.
Diax1324 wrote: Tue Nov 08, 2022 4:00 am Go administrate Bagil, where I literally got gang murdered for no reason by greytiders.
Admins aren't omnipresent. Best way of alerting them to an issue is by ahelping.

I'm willing to unban you if you just promise you will try to play by the rules and won't randomly grief. Please take the name problem up with PositiveEntropy and the headmins.
Very cool link
Look at my cool text
Riggle
Global Moderator

Post by Riggle » #656467

Hello, it's been a week and you haven't yet responded. The appeal will automatically get closed if you don't even reply. The bar I've set is extremely low so please do.
Very cool link
Look at my cool text
Riggle
Global Moderator

Post by Riggle » #656894

It's been almost two weeks. If you don't respond by tomorrow I'll go ahead and close this appeal.
Very cool link
Look at my cool text