< Lulufren > HandsOfFate123 - 14 Day ban for spamming PDA messages

Appeals which have been closed.
Handsoffate123

< Lulufren > HandsOfFate123 - 14 Day ban for spamming PDA messages

Post by Handsoffate123 » #657089

BYOND account: HandsOfFate123
Character name: Forger of Destiny
Ban type: Spam?
Ban length: 14 days with no prior warning or anything for this related reason, I also have a sneaky suspicion the admin might have something against me for some reason due to previous interactions with them
Ban reason: "ecsessively spammed people with nonsense PDA messages, totaling over 400 PDA messages in one round, including 203 instances of the line "suck my poop"
Time ban was placed: Lulufren on 2022-11-24 14:17:42 during round ID 194981
Server you were playing on when banned: Terry
Round ID in which ban was placed: 194981
Your side of the story: I spammed people with messages from the tcomms console, eventually I stopped and 5-10 min after I stopped I get the bwoink
Why you think you should be unbanned: Well, I wouldn't say that a 14 day ban for the first time ever spamming is a reasonable punishment.
References of good conduct: Dunno, I was banned 20 min ago
Anything else we should know: Trying not to be biased here, but I don't think Lulufren as an admin is very fair to me personally. Previously, yesterday, in fact, I got banned for 1 hour by them for throwing grenades at someone who was trying to kill me for batoning them and stripping them (I didn't steal one thing from them and I could pull a round ID when/if I get unbanned or if you can check), I was CMO, and they were Security. Now, after some talking with them I understood that obviously, I shouldn't have joked with a security officer like that, but I also don't think that going to decapitate me straight after that and not trying 1 non-lethal alternative is fair either. They did succeed eventually in decapitating me with a shotgun blast to the head.

For the context of the grenade throwing, I got a note a few days prior for testing 1 nade in Perma, I took the lesson and didn't do it again, but that note was thrown against me in a very different context which was self-defense, not to mention the holes it blew up on the station were 1x1 sized and easily fixable and didn't injure or disable any parts of the station or the crew. So that was the 1-hour ban from yesterday. But, during the ahelp ticket that they were having about this (don't know if you can read ahelp ticket logs), I don't feel they were non-biased in what had happened. First of all, they didn't even read the role of the security officer correctly, thinking they were Warden and talking about the scenario in the context of him being Warden until I corrected him twice, not that he seemed to care about it. But I shrugged it off seeing as I was in the wrong anyway, just that in my opinion I wasn't 100% in the wrong, I mean, non-lethal > to straight full decapitating a head of staff as security doesn't seem very fair to me, but according to him, it was.

So in the context of the event from yesterday, you can see how I see this ban as some form of grudge against me for some reason, I don't know their in-game character names and I have no recollection of ever interacting with them previous to this but I don't think a normal, fair admin would go from spamming messages with no prior warning about it to a 14-day ban for no reason, especially considering the weird 1-hour ban from yesterday, which as I said, I did understand I was in the wrong, but still kinda seemed weird on my part (If I'm wrong though you can tell me and I'll accept it)
Vekter
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Vekter

Re: < Lulufren > HandsOfFate123 - 14 Day ban for spamming PDA messages

Post by Vekter » #657092

Here's the ticket, for the sake of context:

From Ticket #2 during round 194981 on Terry
Ticket opened at 2022-11-24 14:14:41 by lulufren
Log:
14:14:41: Ticket Opened by-lulufren: is there any particular reason why you would repeatedly spam people with pda messages as an AI?
14:14:52: Reply from-handsoffate123: Funny joke
14:17:47: Client disconnected
14:17:48: Lulufren/(Gene McBean) has created a temporary 2 weeks server ban for HandsOfFate123.
14:17:49: Resolved by Lulufren
---- No futher messages ----
This ticket was generated by Statbus v.0.14.0
AliasTakuto wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:11 pm As for the ear replacing stuff, you can ask Anne but I don't think this is what I was banned for. If I was all I can say is "Sorry for being hilarious"...
Omega_DarkPotato wrote:This sucks, dude.
Spoiler:
Reply PM from-REDACTED/(REDACTED): i tried to remove the bruises by changing her gender

PM: Bluespace->Delaron: Nobody wants a mime's asscheeks farting on their brig windows.

PM: REDACTED->HotelBravoLima: Oh come on, knowing that these are hostile aliens is metagaming

[17:43] <Aranclanos> any other question ping me again
[17:43] <Vekter> Aranclanos for nicest coder 2015
[17:44] <Aranclanos> fuck you
Maxoesss
Byond Username: Maxoesss

Post by Maxoesss » #657098

Just posting here to provide some context since I was the security officer mentioned in this post.
Handsoffate123 wrote: Thu Nov 24, 2022 2:39 pmTrying not to be biased here, but I don't think Lulufren as an admin is very fair to me personally. Previously, yesterday, in fact, I got banned for 1 hour by them for throwing grenades at someone who was trying to kill me for batoning them and stripping them (I didn't steal one thing from them and I could pull a round ID when/if I get unbanned or if you can check), I was CMO, and they were Security. Now, after some talking with them I understood that obviously, I shouldn't have joked with a security officer like that, but I also don't think that going to decapitate me straight after that and not trying 1 non-lethal alternative is fair either. They did succeed eventually in decapitating me with a shotgun blast to the head.''
You were on a speedbike and randomly attacked a security officer with your baton and then proceeded to full-strip, only stopping your continuous batonning with all the gear freely on the ground because the captain and some others happened to walk into the corridor and pulled their guns out.

At the speed you were moving with the speedbike non-lethals aren't really going to work and your actions at this moment smell like traitorous. You proceeded to act like a speedster Jihadi dropping black powder grenades around, after claiming on comms ''You gave me a reason'' after I shot you. The grenades didn't harm me but did delimb other crew members and left areas depressurized. You started escalation for no actual reason, then took a response to this as an excuse to just play bomberman while using the speedster bike to be near untouchable.

Some days before this encounter you were randomly attacking crew as a warden, outside of the brig. You used crew reacting to your actions as an excuse to escalate into basically just murdering whoever tried to intervene. As well as putting up a banbaiting ahelp for being stunned, in response to attacking unprovoked. For whatever reason this was just let go as ''IC'' at the time.
Lulufren
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Lulufren

Post by Lulufren » #657111

for context, this is what the PDA log looked like, filtered for the ckey
► Show Spoiler
that is 400 lines of spam in about 12 minutes
Can you see how this might appear a bit excessive?

Past notes for grief also played into it a bit, but the main issue i see here is the 400 lines of spam
Vekter
In-Game Admin

Post by Vekter » #657262

I'll be resolving this if OP hasn't responded in the next 24 hours.
AliasTakuto wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:11 pm As for the ear replacing stuff, you can ask Anne but I don't think this is what I was banned for. If I was all I can say is "Sorry for being hilarious"...
Spoiler:
Reply PM from-REDACTED/(REDACTED): i tried to remove the bruises by changing her gender

PM: Bluespace->Delaron: Nobody wants a mime's asscheeks farting on their brig windows.

PM: REDACTED->HotelBravoLima: Oh come on, knowing that these are hostile aliens is metagaming

medeelel18
Byond Username: Medeelel18

Post by medeelel18 » #657390

Im not sure how relavent this is to the ban appeal, but as one of the people in the round the PDA messages seemed to stack ontop of each other and not cause an interference within the game log panel.
Lulufren
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Lulufren

Post by Lulufren » #657404

medeelel18 wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 8:21 am Im not sure how relavent this is to the ban appeal, but as one of the people in the round the PDA messages seemed to stack ontop of each other and not cause an interference within the game log panel.
That would make it less intentionally obnoxious at least.
Come to think of it, it probably looks a lot more dramatic in the log than in game.

So, fair point, i'll reduce it to 7 days.
Vekter
In-Game Admin

Post by Vekter » #657683

OP is still allowed to request a headmin review if they disagree with Lulu's judgement on this. I'll give them 24 hours to do so, otherwise I'm resolving this.
Spoiler: