Appeals which have been closed.
Lao0

[Harricross] Lao0 - perma ban for disposal loop

Post by Lao0 » #657118

BYOND account: Lao0
Character name: Forgot
Ban type: Greif
Ban length: Permanent
Ban reason: "Griefing" with a disposal loop.
Time ban was placed: 2022 10-30 22:23:02
Server you were playing on when banned: Terry
Round ID in which ban was placed: 193414
Your side of the story: I was an assistant trying to have fun but for some reason i kept lagging and disconnecting (the ahelps causing lag) so i restarted it and went on my way then after one more disconnection i was banned.
Why you think you should be unbanned: I have seen many instances of such loops from non-antags just trying to make the best of a round.
References of good conduct: None in mind
Anything else we should know: The part about disconnection and not listening to ahelps was because i was having internet issues at the time and the ahelps caused that last bit of lag to make me disconnect. Aswell as that i also dont believe i should be banned for this as after atleast a few people were in there i let them out which i beleive should lessen my ban. with all of this in mind i hope you review my appeal carefully and make judgement which is fair.
Last edited by Timberpoes on Thu Nov 24, 2022 9:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Banning admin added to topic title
Timberpoes
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Timberpoes

Re: [Harricross] Lao0 - perma ban for disposal loop

Post by Timberpoes » #657119

Banning admin: Harricross
Ban type: Server
Ban reason: As a non-antagonist assistant, set up a grief disposal loop in the middle of the halls that required someone not trapped to let people out. A few people were trapped in it for an extended amount of time according to reports. You have a terrible note/ban history and I feel that you are impacting the servers poorly as a whole. Did not respond to ahelps and disconnected afterwards.
Server you were playing on when banned: Manuel

I have edited the banning admin into your topic title and they have been informed of your appeal on Discord by another admin.
/tg/station Codebase Maintainer
/tg/station Game Master/Discord Jannie: Feed me back in my thread.
/tg/station Admin Trainer: Service guarantees citizenship. Would you like to know more?
Feb 2022-Sep 2022 Host Vote Headmin
Mar 2023-Sep 2023 Admin Vote Headmin
Harricross
Byond Username: Harricross

Post by Harricross » #657120

Hi, thanks for making an appeal.

In short, I'm denying this. You can read further for details.
The part about disconnection and not listening to ahelps was because i was having internet issues at the time
You have a history of disconnecting after you grief. I sincerely doubt an ahelp would've caused enough lag for dreamseeker to become completely unresponsive.
i also dont believe i should be banned for this as after atleast a few people were in there i let them out which i beleive should lessen my ban. with all of this in mind i hope you review my appeal carefully and make judgement which is fair.
You were permabanned for accumulating eight bans (including this one) for self-antagonism/grief in under two months. Making a disposal loop and having people get stuck in it is relatively tame, but you have an egregious disregard for even the most basic rule of not being a dick.
I have seen many instances of such loops from non-antags just trying to make the best of a round.
They did not keep people in there for an extended amount of time, nor did they put it right in the middle of the halls.
Vekter
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Vekter

Post by Vekter » #657122

Hey, some context - disposal loops are generally considered LRP shenanigans and aren't typically something we allow on Manuel unless they're well out of the way and somehow marked as such.

This is also dangerous because there's an ancient bug that could result in your mob being deleted if part of the disposals loop is destroyed or deleted by something, so it's double bad.

It's also worth noting that this was done within two days of returning from a week ban for similar self-antag activity"
Banned from the server for 1 week - Generally griefy self-antag behavior. As a non-antagonist geneticist, got into a few fights with hulk and purposefully released an atmos tech's gasess into the main hall. Disconnected before I could have a word, but has a long history of this kind of behavior.
AliasTakuto wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:11 pm As for the ear replacing stuff, you can ask Anne but I don't think this is what I was banned for. If I was all I can say is "Sorry for being hilarious"...
Omega_DarkPotato wrote:This sucks, dude.
Spoiler:
Reply PM from-REDACTED/(REDACTED): i tried to remove the bruises by changing her gender

PM: Bluespace->Delaron: Nobody wants a mime's asscheeks farting on their brig windows.

PM: REDACTED->HotelBravoLima: Oh come on, knowing that these are hostile aliens is metagaming

[17:43] <Aranclanos> any other question ping me again
[17:43] <Vekter> Aranclanos for nicest coder 2015
[17:44] <Aranclanos> fuck you
Vekter
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Vekter

Post by Vekter » #657263

I'll be resolving this if OP hasn't responded in the next 24 hours.
AliasTakuto wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:11 pm As for the ear replacing stuff, you can ask Anne but I don't think this is what I was banned for. If I was all I can say is "Sorry for being hilarious"...
Omega_DarkPotato wrote:This sucks, dude.
Spoiler:
Reply PM from-REDACTED/(REDACTED): i tried to remove the bruises by changing her gender

PM: Bluespace->Delaron: Nobody wants a mime's asscheeks farting on their brig windows.

PM: REDACTED->HotelBravoLima: Oh come on, knowing that these are hostile aliens is metagaming

[17:43] <Aranclanos> any other question ping me again
[17:43] <Vekter> Aranclanos for nicest coder 2015
[17:44] <Aranclanos> fuck you