Appeals which have been closed.
ghoulius

[Harricross] GhouliusBoolius - Banned for not taking ahelps seriously

Post by ghoulius » #657473

BYOND account:ghouliusboolius
Character name: Zoe something I used a random name every round
Ban type: Server
Ban length: Permanent
Ban reason: Banned from the server permanently - Said IC, "wow I mistyped you got me fuycking faggot," "what a fucking retard," "haha funny they arent going to get punished though so suck my dick." Responded in ahelps with, "sowwy :3," "nyo im veewy sowwy! :3," "I hope you dont take it purrrsonally :3." Appeal on the forums when you are more mature.
Server you were playing on when banned: Manuel
Round ID in which ban was placed: 195264
Your side of the story: I didn't respect the admins when they sent me messages about my language
Why you think you should be unbanned: I had legitimately been attacked unprovoked and I became frustrated, so I used words that are against the rules
References of good conduct: I play on other tg servers and have few problems playing the game, my only complaints are from OOC when I'm the victim of something I rant IC
Anything else we should know: I have notes from this kind of thing before but I've been good for months
Time ban was placed: 4:17:16
Server you were playing on when banned: Manuel
Your side of the story:\ I got trapped in SM and I tried to leave, the entire gas storage was open and cans were all over. I go through the door while gravity is off so Im trying to just push off what I can, then Devin saw me and attacked me before I could even say anything. I had already dropped the can and was in the room by the time they hit me. I tried to bring attention to it and nobody did anything so I got mad.
Why you think you should be unbanned:. I really shouldn't be permanently banned from all servers for being flippant, yeah some time would be fair, I admit, but perma is a little excessive.

I edited my appeal to make it more legible and add some missing info
EDIT 2: Being less "unrepentant" in hopes I will be treated more fairly
Last edited by ghoulius on Tue Nov 29, 2022 5:31 am, edited 2 times in total.
tattle
In-Game Head Admin
Byond Username: Dragomagol

Re: [Harricross] GhouliusBoolius - Banned for not taking ahelps seriously

Post by tattle » #657474

Full ban reason:
Banned from the server permanently - Said IC, "wow I mistyped you got me fuycking faggot," "what a fucking retard," "haha funny they arent going to get punished though so suck my dick." Responded in ahelps with, "sowwy :3," "nyo im veewy sowwy! :3," "I hope you dont take it purrrsonally :3." Appeal on the forums when you are more mature.
Help improve my neural network by giving me feedback!

Spoiler:
Harricross
Byond Username: Harricross

Post by Harricross » #657475

Hi, thanks for making an appeal.

You were permabanned because all you really had to say was, "sorry, won't happen again," and then you just needed to not call people slurs in the future. I neglected to mention in ahelps to avoid OOC in IC, but you should really have known considering your two notes/bans on OOC in IC that also involved calling people, "namefags."

I still do not believe you are willing to heed simple instructions to be reasonable and show basic manners to other players by not calling them slurs as evidenced by how hostile you are in this appeal on top of your note/ban history.

I'm going to be denying this appeal as it's very clear you haven't matured in the hour you took to write this.
ghoulius

Post by ghoulius » #657476

Okay I want a second opinion. Sorry I didn't take you seriously, sorry I said bad words. I'll be a good boy and won't use anymore cat speak when talking to admins. It won't happen again. I find it unfair that you can permaban me and then strike my appeal down after telling me to. I would imagine going through the hoops to even try to get unbanned shows I'm willing to try and follow instructions. I would also like to point out that I cut it out after you messaged me. You seem to only want to remove me based on my history and not what I actually do.
Vekter
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Vekter

Post by Vekter » #657477

ghoulius wrote: Tue Nov 29, 2022 5:02 am You seem to only want to remove me based on my history and not what I actually do.
You only have 4 notes and your last one before today was from June, I have no clue why you would even say this aside from trying to get persecution points.
AliasTakuto wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:11 pm As for the ear replacing stuff, you can ask Anne but I don't think this is what I was banned for. If I was all I can say is "Sorry for being hilarious"...
Omega_DarkPotato wrote:This sucks, dude.
Spoiler:
Reply PM from-REDACTED/(REDACTED): i tried to remove the bruises by changing her gender

PM: Bluespace->Delaron: Nobody wants a mime's asscheeks farting on their brig windows.

PM: REDACTED->HotelBravoLima: Oh come on, knowing that these are hostile aliens is metagaming

[17:43] <Aranclanos> any other question ping me again
[17:43] <Vekter> Aranclanos for nicest coder 2015
[17:44] <Aranclanos> fuck you
ghoulius

Post by ghoulius » #657479

Sorry I included it because their insistence in mentioning the things Ive done in the past. I had a good streak of rounds where I followed all the rules between then and now, I find it unfair to be judged based on past situations where I may have been in different circumstances.
Harricross

Post by Harricross » #657480

I said to you in the ahelp, "Alright, as humorous as I find this interaction between you and I, unfortunately your notes are anything but. Go ahead and appeal this on the forums when you're more mature," in which you responded again with, "I hope you dont take it purrrsonally :3."
I find it unfair that you can permaban me and then strike my appeal down after telling me to. I would imagine going through the hoops to even try to get unbanned shows I'm willing to try and follow instructions.
If you had wrote the appeal without insinuations or being obviously unrepentant, I'd have respected your decision to own up to it and change it to just a note.

However, in your appeal you decided to respond with, "Because I did your stupid homework so I could get un ragebanned from an admin being mad I wasnt taking them seriously enough," "I get in trouble because I say no no words, thats the best way to kill your server and fast," and, "I used cat speak to the admin and they didnt think it was funny so they permabanned me out of spite."

You had a chance to appeal and you dropped the ball.

Ticket info:
https://bus.moth.fans/tickets/195264/7
https://atlantaned.space/
ghoulius

Post by ghoulius » #657482

Just ban me temporarily or put me on some kind of probation. Being completely banned is still a far cry from a fitting punishment of what I did. I feel like no matter what I say at this point won't help, but I'll be better and try not to use excessive swearing. I would still like a second opinion, you seem deadset on not lifting my ban, so I just feel like there will be nothing that will change your opinion.
ghoulius

Post by ghoulius » #657486

I edited my original post in hopes it is more to your liking
ghoulius

Post by ghoulius » #657495

Also genuine question: Why have a word filter to disalllow slurs, only to have it warn them and still let people say it anyways. It seems a bit counterproductive. The people intent on saying the words will say them anyways, so wouldn't it be the best to just not allow them to be said bar none? If there already is a word filter, why not just remove them completely and then you wouldn't have to make rules about saying bad words, and spend time arbitrating whether or not that person should be allowed to continue to play on the server. Other games have filters that do the same but will just block them, not even allowing the message to go through, and it seems much more efficient than manual admins dealing with it.

And I mean this from a genuine standpoint, not trying to poke holes in the rules. It was the techinicality I was caught out on, but I just don't see the point.
Vekter
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Vekter

Post by Vekter » #657496

The warning is there to hopefully make your rethink what you're saying before you say it.
AliasTakuto wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:11 pm As for the ear replacing stuff, you can ask Anne but I don't think this is what I was banned for. If I was all I can say is "Sorry for being hilarious"...
Omega_DarkPotato wrote:This sucks, dude.
Spoiler:
Reply PM from-REDACTED/(REDACTED): i tried to remove the bruises by changing her gender

PM: Bluespace->Delaron: Nobody wants a mime's asscheeks farting on their brig windows.

PM: REDACTED->HotelBravoLima: Oh come on, knowing that these are hostile aliens is metagaming

[17:43] <Aranclanos> any other question ping me again
[17:43] <Vekter> Aranclanos for nicest coder 2015
[17:44] <Aranclanos> fuck you
ghoulius

Post by ghoulius » #657498

Vekter wrote: Tue Nov 29, 2022 6:06 am The warning is there to hopefully make your rethink what you're saying before you say it.
I get that, I just think that if the point is to not have people say the words, why not just filter them completely
ghoulius

Post by ghoulius » #657534

I would still like this to be looked at again. I fixed my appeal, I'm sorry for my language, and I will refrain from using that kind of language going forward. I just want to play my silly spaceman game, sorry I'm bad at following rules. I try to most of the time.
Harricross

Post by Harricross » #657621

I would still like this to be looked at again. I fixed my appeal, I'm sorry for my language, and I will refrain from using that kind of language going forward.
Alright, cool. That's all you needed to say without anything else.

To reiterate, you share a public server with numerous other people who generally expect not to be called slurs and while I understand that there are heated moments in game that may prompt a reaction like yours, it does not excuse the use of derogatory choice words.

I'll lift this ban and change it to a note the next time I am on.
ghoulius

Post by ghoulius » #657657

Much appreciated, see you on the station