vect0r
Byond Username: Vect0r

[Trexter555] Vect0r - overescalation

Post by vect0r » #657506

BYOND account: Vect0r
Character name: Cecilia Vujic
Ban type: Note
Ban length: Note size
Ban reason: Warned for overscalation - killed someone via emp'd defibrilator during a scuffle in which tthe other person was attempting to steal a plushie. Was understanding in ahelps, and had the intention to revive them, but was critted by a different situation.
Time ban was placed: 2022-11-29 06:52:43
Server you were playing on when banned: SYBIL!
b]Round ID in which ban was placed:[/b] Round 195272
Your side of the story: After a strange round with a magic cucumber made people a wizard, I got zapped by some thermal lasers by sec officer Neil Iwakura, which I think was because I had said INERT (the magic was used up, this will become important later) the CE (the person I killed) joined in, shoving me a bit, and getting me stunned on the wall. I, being the paramedic with emp'd defib, zapped em once with right click (does knockdown) this kept going on for a bit, not good at log diving, so can't help you there, until we went though the gateway. we kept "fighting" until he pulled out a telebaton and wacked me down, and then tried to get me into a neck grap, which I thought of as no good reason to do that, and as the only weapon I had at hand was the defib, I shocked him into a heart attack. I was planning on restarting their heart before they died, but I don't know how to do that (just normal defib?) so I let them die with the intention of reviving them with the defib. at that moment though, the same officer that shot me with the freeze gun came into medbay, and I decided just to do a right click zolt, but they temp gunned me first. I wanted to get one zolt down, so I walked right into crit, which they kindly decided to cyro me in, at which point I got bwoinked.
Why you think you should be unbanned: Honestly, I think this note might have merit to it, but I would just like a bit more on how, I as the defender in this conflict have to engage them lethally. I will admit lethals from neck grap was a bit much, but from what I understood at the time, as long as I revived them ASAP I would be fine, as a neck grap shows intent to kill, or at least harm, which was above what was going on beforehand
References of good conduct: IDK ask goon I play there before I got here, never got banned
Anything else we should know: anyway, just a bit more about what I should do there. thanks for reading this!
trexter555
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Trexter555

Re: [Trexter555] Vect0r - overescalation

Post by trexter555 » #657510

hey, thanks for the appeal. upon further investigation, i've decided that the note wasn't needed, i misunderstood some events(the neck grabbing, and the initial thermal gun shots) which i apologise for. i'll remove the note next time i'm on, or any other admin can if i'm not on first.
vect0r
Byond Username: Vect0r

Re: [Trexter555] Vect0r - overescalation

Post by vect0r » #657533

Thanks :D I know that adminning can be hard and thanks for being around so much!
Last edited by vect0r on Tue Nov 29, 2022 4:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.