Appeals which have been closed.
Archon

[permaban] [AyamePup] <Archon88>

Post by Archon » #657512

BYOND account: Archon88
Character name: No Character name.
Ban type: Server
Ban length: Permanent
Ban reason: Banned by host: you or another user of this computer or connection (Archon88) is banned from playing here. The ban reason is: alt of kneegrow1488 this ban (BanID #63458) was applied by AyamePup on 2022-11-19 16:49:31 during round ID 194638. This is a permanent ban.
Time ban was placed: 2022-11-19
Round ID in which ban was placed: 194638
Your side of the story: I was having a few friends over and we were talking about crazy games and one of my friends showed me this game and was being a shitter (and sucking at it). He was doing stupid shit and just wanted to grief, but I liked the game. Anyhow, I was watching him play and wanted to try a round but his account got banned (and mine as well?) when I tried to play. I never even managed to get into the game. The original reason for the ban was that he was "Swarmer"? I don't even know what this means, first time I've seen this game. Been playing on Paradise servers for a few days now and learning how to play and it seems super fun and goofy. Would really like to learn how to play and not be a shitter.
Why you think you should be unbanned: I would really like to learn how to play this game because it seems fun as hell but I got screwed over because a shitter friend showing me the game for the first time. I have no idea what he was doing or why he was banned for being a swarmer. Just want to learn and have fun.
References of good conduct: As I've said before, I was playing for a couple of days on Paradise Servers, and slowly learning the game. Talked to admins there and they've said I should get a mentor role to help me out which I did.
Vekter
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Vekter

Re: [permaban] [AyamePup] <Archon88>

Post by Vekter » #657522

I feel like there's an important connection to be made between your ckey and your "friend's" ckey.

1488 is a known dogwhistle for Neo-Nazis. Google it if you'd like, the specifics are more than I want to get into here, though the connection here is the number 88 in both of them. It's commonly used because H is the 8th letter in the alphabet, so "88" is "HH" and, well, you can connect the dots.

I just felt the connection was important to note. This post has nothing to do with the fact that you and your "friend" are probably Nazis.
AliasTakuto wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:11 pm As for the ear replacing stuff, you can ask Anne but I don't think this is what I was banned for. If I was all I can say is "Sorry for being hilarious"...
Omega_DarkPotato wrote:This sucks, dude.
Spoiler:
Reply PM from-REDACTED/(REDACTED): i tried to remove the bruises by changing her gender

PM: Bluespace->Delaron: Nobody wants a mime's asscheeks farting on their brig windows.

PM: REDACTED->HotelBravoLima: Oh come on, knowing that these are hostile aliens is metagaming

[17:43] <Aranclanos> any other question ping me again
[17:43] <Vekter> Aranclanos for nicest coder 2015
[17:44] <Aranclanos> fuck you
Archon

Post by Archon » #657532

I was born in 1988. Usually just use Archon, but that's taken a lot of times so just add the year I was born.

My friend is a retard troll. Can't say more than that, don't care about whatever dogwhistle is or nazis in general. Just want to play space station and that's it.
AyamePup
Byond Username: AyamePup

Post by AyamePup » #657535

Hey there! Thanks for your appeal. Looking over things, i've decided to remove your ban, and hope to see you on the servers soon. Maybe dont take game tips from your friend though.

Have a good one!
Archon

Post by Archon » #657536

Hello AyamePup,

Thank you for the unban and I apologize for this whole situation.

Have a good one!