[Shaps] Harry Harrison - A fiery demise

Appeals which have been closed.
killermankey

[Shaps] Harry Harrison - A fiery demise

Post by killermankey » #658052

BYOND account: Killermankey
Character name: Harry Harrison (I Think? Don't know for sure)
Ban type: Server
Ban length: Permanent
Ban reason: Apparently set off a massive hellfire bomb in the brig and disconnected after getting executed for it. Due to terrible history and not being able to verify the conditions of the unban since the forums are locked down, as well as the probably bad faith from disconnecting after, reapplying the perma.
Time ban was placed: 2021-09-23 04:37:16
Server you were playing on when banned: Sybil
Round ID in which ban was placed: 170093
Your side of the story: Since this was a year ago plus I don't remember it well. It was like 3am and I was going to go to sleep. so I made a small hellfoam bomb and got myself trapped in the brig airlock. I set it off after saying "This is a political statement." It burnt a single tile into space and set a lizard that opened a door into the airlock on fire. I disconnected afterwards cause I was going to sleep.
Why you think you should be unbanned: Well the ban reason is just plain wrong. Its worded like I set off a massive bomb inside of brig with people in it. I killed myself in an area with only me in it and didnt cause any serious damage besides a single tile.
Anything else we should know: Well as I said in the reason on why I should be unbanned the report is very exaggerated. Its been over a year so I thought I might give it a try.
Shaps-cloud
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Shaps

Re: [Shaps] Harry Harrison - A fiery demise

Post by Shaps-cloud » #658322

You say that you don't remember it well at all and that you were about to fall asleep at 3AM over a year ago, yet you also specifically remember that it was an extremely small hellfire bomb that burned a single tile into space, and only set one other person (even specifying that it was a lizard out of all the races). I'm very lax and rarely hand down bans, especially outright permas, and I know very well that I wouldn't perma someone for a 1x1 fire that only set one person on fire. On top of that, your very lengthy note and ban history cast even more doubt on your totally unsupported by evidence side of the story. Appeal denied.
P.S. Shoot Dr. Allen on sight and dissolve his body in acid. Don't burn it.