Xackii
Byond Username: Xackii

[Striders13] Xackii - permanent ban

Post by Xackii » #658223

BYOND account: Xackii
Character name: Touch_The_Snow
Ban type: Server
Ban length: Permanent
Ban reason: As non_antagonist scientist, run around flashing random people, attempting to fake a revolution. This derailed the entrie round, as security believed it was genuine and decided to give out guns and mindshields to people. This happend shortly after you were un-permabanned; i don t believe youre ready to play here
Time ban was placed: 2022-12-06 12:59:54
Server you were playing on when banned: Terry
Round ID in which ban was placed: 195755
Your side of the story: I started as a scientist, I went to take a belt and a flash from the robotechs, I saw a moth of a robotech and decided to flash it, to which one of the scientists thought that I was a revolutionary and started trying to catch me. I thought it was fun to play along with him and started flashing passers-by without really worrying about the fact that some had protection against a flash drive. I already wrote to the admin about the fact that I didn’t think about the fact that I could ruin someone’s game, although this didn’t really convince him, but I was ready to be killed and didn’t argue with it. Maybe for someone it seemed rude, although I saw it in almost every round, it's just that the guys took the matter much more seriously in this
Why you think you should be unbanned: Because the reason that I should be banned, he only cited the fact that I flashed everyone in a row "trying to arrange a vulture or make a fake rav" although I flashed only a moth of a scientist and a couple of passers-by near the rnd, after which I didn’t really show a desire to flash anyone except as an assistant with whom I shoved in the corridors. Another reason is that I had a permaban about 2 years ago when I didn’t even know how to play, and for this he decided that permaban would now be a reasonable solution to the problem
References of good conduct: I didn’t try to make a vulture and all my actions were not aimed at killing someone and such manifestations of a fake revolution appeared from round to round so I don’t know why on the LRP server this is such a serious violation that it deserves a permaban. The admin did not even let me tell him this, but just slapped a perma so I hope that someone will reconsider this incident.
Anything else we should know: I had a permaban once a long time ago (2 years ago) which was closed 2 months ago, so maybe the admin decided that it was because of this that I deserved another permaban
Striders13
In-Game Admin Trainer
Byond Username: Striders13

Re: [Striders13] Xackii - permanent ban

Post by Striders13 » #658226

Hey there, thanks for appealing.

Regarding the fake revolution stuff - current headmin ruling is:
Faking a revolution always causes grief, without fail. If someone is pretending to be a revolutionary, feel free to murder them. If I find someone faking a revolution as a non-antag, they can prepare to catch a rule 1 ban for being a griefing shitter.
And it absolutely did cause a ton of grief. Many people believe it to be genuine, which lead to mindshielded people attacking non-mindshielded ones.

Besides that, this round you've demonstrated general low quality play, with your say logs consisting of:
► Show Spoiler
While nothing bannable, I don't think it does you any favours. So, considering you only recently got unbanned, I made it a permaban.
I'm not interested in lifting this, feel free to request a headmin review.
Xackii

Post by Xackii » #658236

I understand what it all led to and that it was rude to the players, but I still don't understand why this deserves a permaban. I didn't set out to make a fake revolution, I flashed for the same reason I would shove people or throw banana peels. I didn’t even think that some serious person might come across to me who would think that we have a revolution and immediately without asking anyone would go to kill pseudo-revolutionaries.
Xackii

Post by Xackii » #658712

hello?
Timberpoes
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Timberpoes

Post by Timberpoes » #658713

Since you disagree with the admin and it's a permaban, it's very likely our head admin team will review this appeal in due course.

They are busy volunteers so it may take a while, but they will eventually investigate and give a final ruling on whether they're upholding your ban or not.
/tg/station Codebase Maintainer
/tg/station Game Master/Discord Jannie: Feed me back in my thread.
/tg/station Admin Trainer: Service guarantees citizenship. Would you like to know more?
Feb 2022-Sep 2022 Host Vote Headmin
Mar 2023-Sep 2023 Admin Vote Headmin
RaveRadbury
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: RaveRadbury
Github Username: RaveRadbury

Post by RaveRadbury » #659630

We've chosen to uphold this ban.