Bwoinkedmoment
Byond Username: Highlander3BW

[Pumpkin0] Player:Highlander3BW-ahhhhhhhhhhhh help me

Post by Bwoinkedmoment » #662986

BYOND account:Highlander3BW

Character name: Joseph Gaiman

Ban type:Server

Ban length:3 day's

Ban reason:Banned by host: You or another user of this computer or connection (Highlander3BW) is banned from playing here. The ban reason is:Has a small history of inciting violence as a non-antagonist, and when deconverted from a revolutionary, continued attacking the security officers as a non-antagonist that had deconverted them (with a IC justification of 'They killed the HoP', which doesn't amount to being able to act as an antagonist)

Time ban was placed:2023-01-22 22:27:17

Server you were playing on when banned: Manuel

Round ID in which ban was placed:198725

Your side of the story: This started at the start of the shift when I had requested from the HOP (whose name I cannot recall) to be job swapped to judge for future RP, after a few minutes it had surfaced that he was new at HOP and had a security guard (whose name I also cannot recall) who had vouched I should be a Judge due to positive experiences with me from two previous shifts, I would walk into the Security Wing to find the court room and to see if their was judge attire/the funny hammer to hit the table with, I would be stopped, beaten with stun batons, detained, had my ID taken from me and completely ignore the HoP's decision to entitle me with the position (without any replacement therefore disallowing me of any access to most places and purchasing item's from vending machines/terminal's) before releasing me, the warden alongside the HoS would then proceed to ruthlessly detain, beat and demote the HoP before imprisoning him, I was absolutely furious with this because I saw this as straight up Tyranny as the HoP was doing his job before the HoS illegally overthrew his position (without captain's order's I believe) aswell as wanting to stick up for the newer HoP and how I felt responsible for causing that to happen so I wanted to liberate the HoP, this would have me be recruited into the revolution ironically enough, some fighting and attempting to break into Security (both to eliminate the head's as per revolutionary procedure but also to liberate the HoP) I get downed, cuffed, yoinked, and then unbrainwashed I guess, I still wanted to liberate/get revenge for the HoP's supposed death and the security still threatened me with death if I didn't tell them who had recruited me, told them, took this as another reason to fight what my character defined at the time the "tyrant's" kept fighting them, died, got revived, captain beat me, got revived again, went back to the now ruins of the SEC wing, tried to find the HoP, didn't find them, looked in the medical tracker, couldn't find the HoP, shift was gonna end soon so I disconnected. I got boinked by a staff member while I was dead, questioning why I had done what I done, I gave them I believe 3-4 reason's and I can't recall them, after that they didn't say anything so I guessed I was off the hook, or perhaps there was a further interaction I cannot recall

Why you think you should be unbanned: I believe I was in the right from an rp standpoint, I had attempted to peacefully protest the release of the HoP, didn't work so I was left with no other option's other than violence and force, staff Pumpkin0 also did not list any other justification on why I did what I did

[b]Anything else we should know: nope, I'm okay with this
Pumpkin0
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Pumpkin0

Re: [Pumpkin0] Player:Highlander3BW-ahhhhhhhhhhhh help me

Post by Pumpkin0 » #663004

Hi, so, apologies about the lack of further reply on my end. I believe there were other tickets in the round that I got distracted with and was only able to come back to your ticket after the round was actually over.

The problem is that I wasn't satisfied with your reasoning (which was mostly just 'they upset me') for continuing to attack and act like an antagonist even after they deconverted you from being a rev. You're still subject to escalation rules, and to be deconverted from a rev only to continue assisting the revolution by attacking security isn't very kosher. You have a history of attempting to incite violence as a non-antagonist, most notably one where you attempted to derail and admin event by doing so, which factored into this being one step up from the last ban you got (two days) just to make sure that this sticks.

While there can be RP reason to attack someone and escalate to violence, doing so immediately after being deconverted from rev is not so great, nor can it be really justified via RP reasons.

And, like WineAllWine said, this ban will be over in less than an hour, so I don't really have much intention of lowering it. I hope to see you on the server again once it's over!
the w