[Hulkamania] Tohg7.

Appeals which have been closed.
LEtranger135
Byond Username: Tohg7.

[Hulkamania] Tohg7.

Post by LEtranger135 » #663632

Discord username: Tohg7.#6300

Commonly used names: Tohg7., No One in Particular, Vapes-Too-Much, Vapes-Two-Moffs

Banning admin: hulkamania

Ban reason: If there was one, i wasn't there to see it. It most likely wouldn't make a difference if i showed any kind of valid evidence about my side of the story as many people are downright unreasonable, even if the point made is valid in any capacity.

Your side of the story: Unnecessary for the reason above

Why you think you should be unbanned: Simply because i plan on getting back into coding to make a few more QoL PRs before i call it quits on coding for good. I know there's absolutely nothing to blame and no excuses to be made for anything i do on top of what everyone else does. That being said, it obviously doesn't really make a difference whether the ban is lifted or not in the grand scheme of things. Whether you decide to forgive or condemn me is entirely up to you.

Whether either decision comes back to bite you in any capacity or way, depends on the side you pick for this figurative coin toss, although it is possible for both sides to be rigged to lose to any degree depending on the choices made for prior tosses, you know what i'm saying? Please refrain from taking things out of context.

If you're wondering if i am Tohg, i am, i merely forgot my password after clearing my data to free up memory, remember doing a "booze bottle splash on throw" PR quite a long time ago. The Email i'm using right now is one i made for cybersec reasons, it's wise to have one account for business and another for social media/etc. In regards to the "forgot my password after clearing my data" thing, i should know to not rely on the "remember me" option in hindsight.
Last edited by LEtranger135 on Mon Jan 30, 2023 2:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
Hulkamania
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Hulkamania

Re: [Hulkamania] Tohg7.

Post by Hulkamania » #663634

The ban reason was "Sent another member of the server a bunch of weird cult shit about faustian bargains and making deals with supernatural entities, tried to intimidate them when they brought mods into it, left the server as soon as I confronted them over it."

I recall this being a bizarre series of events. I'll pull some quotes from you at the time this happened.

"Pharmaceuticals are a temporary solution for craziness, but do you know what the permanent one is? one thing I can say is that it's not death" "people only become saints when they turn from their wicked ways permanently, just for the record I'm not a saint yet but I plan to become one"

But more pertinently is a giant series of DM's you sent one particular user which for the sake of their own protection I will summarize here:

You kept implying that you had "met someone" that had "supernatural powers" and that anyone who slept with this woman would "end up comatose" and that she "knew where you lived."

Then you went on to say that this individual's name was "Faustina" and that she referred to you only as "mortal" and that you realized that she wasn't a human entity. You also kept linking them back to some youtube channel about a christian motivational lady named sister sharon, and that this "faustina" character knew something about sister sharon being in the "book of life"

Look I could go on but it's more of the same, and the second I tried to talk to you about this you said "I have realized there's nobody here who wants to do what HE wants, I'll be taking my leave" and then you left the server entirely before I could even respond.

Most important in all of this is that the minute that the person you were speaking to got mods involved you started getting cagey, you upped the ante and started trying to act mysterious and intimidating in this person's DMs and then left. I would like you to address some of this behavior and not just blow it off as "Nothing happened I was banned for no reason" or this appeal will be closed in short order.

I don't normally even moderate based on what happens in DM's but when you're using our server as a platform to spread weird stuff like this, then it becomes my responsibility to look into it.
LEtranger135
Byond Username: Tohg7.

Post by LEtranger135 » #663637

Hulkamania wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2023 2:54 am The ban reason was "Sent another member of the server a bunch of weird cult shit about faustian bargains and making deals with supernatural entities, tried to intimidate them when they brought mods into it, left the server as soon as I confronted them over it."

I recall this being a bizarre series of events. I'll pull some quotes from you at the time this happened.

"Pharmaceuticals are a temporary solution for craziness, but do you know what the permanent one is? one thing I can say is that it's not death" "people only become saints when they turn from their wicked ways permanently, just for the record I'm not a saint yet but I plan to become one"

But more pertinently is a giant series of DM's you sent one particular user which for the sake of their own protection I will summarize here:

You kept implying that you had "met someone" that had "supernatural powers" and that anyone who slept with this woman would "end up comatose" and that she "knew where you lived."

Then you went on to say that this individual's name was "Faustina" and that she referred to you only as "mortal" and that you realized that she wasn't a human entity. You also kept linking them back to some youtube channel about a christian motivational lady named sister sharon, and that this "faustina" character knew something about sister sharon being in the "book of life"

Look I could go on but it's more of the same, and the second I tried to talk to you about this you said "I have realized there's nobody here who wants to do what HE wants, I'll be taking my leave" and then you left the server entirely before I could even respond.

Most important in all of this is that the minute that the person you were speaking to got mods involved you started getting cagey, you upped the ante and started trying to act mysterious and intimidating in this person's DMs and then left. I would like you to address some of this behavior and not just blow it off as "Nothing happened I was banned for no reason" or this appeal will be closed in short order.

I don't normally even moderate based on what happens in DM's but when you're using our server as a platform to spread weird stuff like this, then it becomes my responsibility to look into it.
To put things simple, i found out the hard way that although we expect our lives and everything else to make sense to us as if we're entitled to it, we're actually entitled to the opposite not that anyone would be willing to accept it. Whenever i tried denying it, i just get proven wrong again, eventually something had to give. I don't need to explain away my behavior, i did everything to deserve what happened to me, both good and bad up to today from day 1, just as you and several others did as per the sum of their actions.

With this being said, it's pretty much a pointless endeavor to do anything but keep what i found out the hard way from everyone as a secret, society obviously wouldn't take knowing about certain things we can learn well to say the least, although it's not unlike you, me or anyone else to dig too deep for whatever stuff we want to do or know, regardless of consequences. If you want to close this appeal, you've already made up your mind months ago, do what you gotta do, i won't hold it against you.

But before you do, what i would like to ask is if there's any way i can get back in the swing of things and get a few more PRs done before i call it quits in terms of coding?
Timberpoes
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Timberpoes

Post by Timberpoes » #663671

PRs are handled via Github: https://github.com/tgstation/tgstation

You don't need to be on our Discord at all to make PRs. One of our headcoders isn't on our Discord.

Discussions about PRs can happen in the PRs.

If you want to make PRs, just make PRs.
/tg/station Codebase Maintainer
/tg/station Game Master/Discord Jannie: Feed me back in my thread.
/tg/station Admin Trainer: Service guarantees citizenship. Would you like to know more?
Feb 2022-Sep 2022 Host Vote Headmin
Mar 2023-Sep 2023 Admin Vote Headmin
Hulkamania
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Hulkamania

Post by Hulkamania » #663741

My concerns have continued to go unaddressed in that my biggest issue here is that back when I was asked to look into your behavior you responded by cranking up the behavior to someone in DM's and leaving when I genuinely just wanted to discuss it with you.

As the rest of your appeal hinges on you wanting to do PR's, as timber has stated, you can simply do so without needing discord access. I'm sure coderbus would also have room for you if you wished to discuss things there.

As it stands though the appeal is denied.
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Post by oranges » #663902

also, no magic PR's please, we have enough in tg, more sci fi