[SightId2] Pom Yun-Song - Requesting alterationto antagonist ban to allow more volatile antagonists.

Appeals which have been closed.
Stiix
Byond Username: Stiix

[SightId2] Pom Yun-Song - Requesting alterationto antagonist ban to allow more volatile antagonists.

Post by Stiix » #664365

BYOND account: Stiix
Character name: Pom Yun-Song
Ban type: Role (Antag)
Ban length: Permanent
Ban reason: Banned from Roles: Abductor, Xenomorph, Blob, Blood Brother, Changeling, Cultist, Heretic, Hivemind Host, Malf AI, Space Ninja, Operative, Syndicate Mutineer, Revolutionary, Revenant, Head Revolutionary, Sentient Disease, Spider, Syndicate, Traitor, Wizard permanently - Plasma flooded as a heretic with the excuse that they thought the Ai was malf and hoped to capitalize off of it. A murderbone antag existing doesn't permit you to do so yourself. Was cooperative in ahelps, feel free to appeal at anytime you feel you've improved your self control.
Time ban was placed: 2022-12-27 04:01:58
Server you were playing on when banned: Manuel
Round ID in which ban was placed: 197086
Your side of the story: I've had a history of self-antagging and being impulsive, the round where I was finally antag-banned permanently... The admin remark covers it pretty well. Under the assumption that the AI was malf (which it wasn't), I caused a full plasma/N2O flood.
Why you think you should be unbanned: I shouldn't be unbanned from antag, not for a while, at least. I'm requesting that I be allowed to play some of the more volatile antagonists, such as blob, space dragon, and to a lesser extent xenomorph. Possibly nightmare, revenant, ninja, or wizard. With cult, I feel there's a strong capability to sabotage my own teammates, thus I don't request it, though it is frustrating to effectively be round-removed upon being converted.
Anything else we should know: I was not prompted to spawn as a Centcom intern when it was rolled. I don't know what Centcom interns are under, but I seem unable to play as them. It's something of a tough appeal to type up. I'm aware that what's best for the server isn't necessarily me. I feel the admins have been quite lenient with me over the years, so I feel some level of... Guilt(?) in requesting even more leniency on what I feel is a well-placed ban. To clarify once more: I am not requesting the antag ban be removed. I am requesting that certain antagonists that permit impulsive gameplay in a roleplaying environment, such as space dragon, blob, xenomorph, ninja, wizard, nightmare, revenant, be allowed. To be frank, I've only seen others play revenant. I think that's about it. Lastly, I understand I can make one perma-ban appeal a year. I'm fine with this being that appeal, even if it's only to have the ban altered, and not removed. I've got self-control issues, and I don't see them improving anytime soon, thus I agree the antag-ban itself should remain. At this point, I think I'd just be repeating myself with anything else.
Sightld2
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Sightld2

Re: [SightId2] Pom Yun-Song - Requesting alterationto antagonist ban to allow more volatile antagonists.

Post by Sightld2 » #664366

As you've said, yeah you kinda have a history with this sort of thing. But even so in my opinion, you are a player that generally plays for making an interesting story or moments rather than "winning." From what I've seen, that just so happens to occasionally clash with the rules. So for now I'm happy to agree to some of your terms and return Blob, Space dragon, Nightmare, Wizard, Xenomorph. That sound amiable?

We can do cultist or revs as well if you'd like to temp that. I understand the conversion antag bans can be annoying, and while there is indeed more room to screw up, I think they're also a good place to prove that you're improving.

Beyond those I'm happy to entertain another appeal after a while without incident and if you feel you've improved.

Stiix

Re: [SightId2] Pom Yun-Song - Requesting alterationto antagonist ban to allow more volatile antagonists.

Post by Stiix » #664368

Revolutionary ban doesn't affect being converted to a non-revhead, so I think I'm in a good place there, no need for revo unban. Cult is tough because if I jump the gun and go loud too soon, it can really screw over the entire cult. Even if cult can get me round-removed, I think it's best for everyone I don't get un-cult-banned just yet. Thank you for agreeing to my terms, I'll try not to let you down. And uh, lastly, well, it just feels really good to read "you are a player that generally plays for making an interesting story or moments rather than "winning"", and thank you for that, I consider it a compliment.
Sightld2
In-Game Admin

Post by Sightld2 » #664370

So antag bans are apparently black magic. At this time you've been unbanned from Wizard, Xenomorph, and Blob, and there is no space dragon role. I theorize that it's covered under another role here. I have rolled the dice and picked spider. So uh, you're now unbanned from spider too and maybe it'll cover Space dragon? And if it doesn't well then some smarter admin can tell me which button to press

Stiix

Post by Stiix » #664371

Thanks! I forgot about spider! Do you know what Centcom Intern roles are covered under?
Sightld2
In-Game Admin

Post by Sightld2 » #664372

I have nooo idea. I'll get around to asking a grownup about it along with the Space Dragon in a bit.

Sightld2
In-Game Admin

Post by Sightld2 » #664374

Ok. Update from Timberpoes. Turns out all midrounds like Space Dragon and Intern are covered under a role called "SYNDICATE" I am not sure what ELSE that covers. In short I can tick that box for you, but it might also do any other unclassified midrounds. That's ok with me if it is with you.

Stiix

Post by Stiix » #664375

It's probably going to allow traitor as well, I'll try to avoid using that one. Please tick it.
Sightld2
In-Game Admin

Post by Sightld2 » #664393

I wouldn't be so certain given that there's another role ban dedicated to traitor, but done. hopefully that'll cover our bases.

Stiix

Post by Stiix » #664413

Ah, good. Traitor is another one of those that doesn't lend well to hair triggers. We'll see how this goes. Thank you.